PDA

View Full Version : Interview with Chris Welsh

RedlegNation
06-06-2006, 11:25 AM
If anyone is interested, part two of Redleg Nation's exclusive interview with Reds broadcaster Chris Welsh is online over at RN (<a href="http://redlegnation.com/2006/06/06/rn-exclusive-interview-with-chris-welsh-part-ii/">2</a>).

Lots of interesting stuff in there. Chris was pretty open and honest.

Part one is here (http://redlegnation.com/2006/06/05/rn-exclusive-interview-with-chris-welsh/).

Cedric
06-06-2006, 12:19 PM
That is awesome. Great Pete story also.

paintmered
06-06-2006, 12:22 PM
If anyone is interested, part two of Redleg Nation's exclusive interview with Reds broadcaster Chris Welsh is online over at RN (<a href="http://redlegnation.com/2006/06/06/rn-exclusive-interview-with-chris-welsh-part-ii/">2</a>).

Lots of interesting stuff in there. Chris was pretty open and honest.

Part one is here (http://redlegnation.com/2006/06/05/rn-exclusive-interview-with-chris-welsh/).

To satisfy rule #6, will you copy the interview to this thread?

Thanks.

TRF
06-06-2006, 12:32 PM
rule #6 is an interesting rule. BA's lawyers feel it opens Redszone up to legal action. We don't always post the entire article if said article is ESPN. It's a fine line but Redleg Nation isn't a direct competitor of Redszone. In fact, it links to Redszone prominently, therefore increasing Redszone's page rank. The reverse is not true due to the nature of a messageboard only site.

Not having rule #6 would in fact ease some of the server load on Redszone, and face it, it isn't like you are going to lose members, or that they will forget Redszone exists.

Copyright laws for the internet are still blurry at best, but since BA is exempt, this should definitely be on a case by case basis, or have rule #6 better defined to say no links to sites with the express intent of selling a product.

JMO.

westofyou
06-06-2006, 12:34 PM
I'll ask again why does a baseball site turn down away free baseball content?

harangatang
06-06-2006, 01:15 PM
I could understand if Redleg Nation was trying to make a profit off of this but the fact is he is providing free and quality information about one of the Reds personalities. The funny thing is if you look on the side of his homepage there is a link to RedsZone so it's not like it's a post of malicious purposes to try to get people away from RedsZone. Oh and not to mention the writer of this article posted this himself. Great post and great work by Redleg Nation, I'm sure it was a very neat opportunity to have this interview.

smith288
06-06-2006, 01:21 PM
http://www.makroconcert.lv/images/judas_priest/Judas Priest 2 bmp.JPG

Breakin' the law... breakin the law...

smith288
06-06-2006, 01:23 PM
I could understand if Redleg Nation was trying to make a profit off of this but the fact is he is providing free and quality information about one of the Reds personalities. The funny thing is if you look on the side of his homepage there is a link to RedsZone so it's not like it's a post of malicious purposes to try to get people away from RedsZone. Oh and not to mention the writer of this article posted this himself. Great post and great work by Redleg Nation, I'm sure it was a very neat opportunity to have this interview.
He also doesnt appear to feature any Google ads to profit from visitors. I dont see a problem with his link because his site is well thought out and has a following (based on blog responses).

RedlegNation
06-06-2006, 01:51 PM
I'll post it here, if that's proper. I don't care, we're not making a penny on the site; it's not like I'm trolling for traffic so I can raise my ad rates.

As a matter of fact, I've spent quite a bit out of my own pocket on RN, for hosting and design, etc. Just a labor of love because I'm a Reds fan. I consider it my hobby, and my wife doesn't complain too much.

And one other point...I founded RN, but one of the other contributors is actually the guy who did the interview. I enjoyed reading it as much as everyone else.

harangatang
06-06-2006, 02:03 PM
I'll post it here, if that's proper. I don't care, we're not making a penny on the site; it's not like I'm trolling for traffic so I can raise my ad rates.

As a matter of fact, I've spent quite a bit out of my own pocket on RN, for hosting and design, etc.That's great and my compliments to your website providing free and quality Reds information. Thanks for sharing it, I learned some interesting about the Reds, most notable that the FSN announcers get paid more than the WLW announcers.

westofyou
06-06-2006, 02:07 PM

As a matter of fact, I've spent quite a bit out of my own pocket on RN, for hosting and design, etc. Just a labor of love because I'm a Reds fan. I consider it my hobby, and my wife doesn't complain too much.

And one other point...I founded RN, but one of the other contributors is actually the guy who did the interview. I enjoyed reading it as much as everyone else.
And for all of that you rock Chad, a great interview.. kudos to Bill and to the batteries in the recorder ;)

RedlegNation
06-06-2006, 02:25 PM
Yeah, but I just wish we could have kept you on board, WOY. :)

Blimpie
06-06-2006, 02:26 PM
Great interview. Now, I guess we know another reason why Dick Williams wasn't referred to as "Richard."

cumberlandreds
06-06-2006, 03:03 PM
Great interview! Thanks for posting. CW should seriously consider writing a book. He's got some funny stories to tell.

KronoRed
06-06-2006, 05:17 PM
Call the lawyers.

Good stuff RedLeg :)

RedlegNation
06-06-2006, 05:26 PM
I am a lawyer, if it helps. :)

I'm a prosecutor.

reds44
06-07-2006, 03:25 AM

Wow that is the first time I have seen that site, and wow it is impressive.

Great job man!

KronoRed
06-07-2006, 04:11 AM

I'm a prosecutor.
Wait..can you prosecute yourself? ;)

GAC
06-07-2006, 05:58 AM

I'm a prosecutor.

Really?

Then can you go after Claussen? Because what he does on that mound is simply a crime! :lol:

And great interview! Thanks for providing it! :thumbup:

RedlegNation
06-07-2006, 12:40 PM
The third and final installment of the Chris Welsh interview is now online (http://redlegnation.com/2006/06/07/rn-exclusive-interview-with-chris-welsh-part-iii/). We'd appreciate any feedback you could give.

I'm supposed to interview Tom Browning tonight, so we'll have that online soon, I hope.

westofyou
06-07-2006, 12:42 PM
I'm supposed to interview Tom Browning tonight, so we'll have that online soon, I hope.

I have a question for him

Zig Zags... orange or white?

Blimpie
06-07-2006, 02:13 PM
RedLegNation: What do you think of Todd Coffey? Should he be the closer now? Is he a closer?

Chris Welsh: I think he’s more important used where he is.

This team doesn’t have a relief ace. Like the 1996 Yankees, when Mariano Rivera was the setup man for John Wetteland. Word was around the American League was if we can get through the 7th and 8th with Rivera, we’ll probably be able to score some runs off Wetteland. And that might be the feeling amongst teams in the National League when they face the Reds, if we can get by Coffey and keep it close, we’ll score a run or two off of Weathers.

Do I think he should be the closer now? Absolutely not. Because the games they don’t use him in the 7th and 8th, won’t matter in the 9th. I think he’s a relief ace right now and think that’s the most important spot.

This team is in desperate need of better middle relief.
That's kinda where I am with the whole thing. I want Coffey as closer, but it scares me to think of he and Weathers flip-flopping roles.

Very nice interview from start to finish. I would love to share a few adult beverages with Welsh while discussing behind the scenes front office dirt....

BuckeyeRedleg
06-07-2006, 04:06 PM
Someone help me out here. Why is he referred to as the "creeper" on this board? I have wondered about this, but have been hesitant to ask.

KronoRed
06-07-2006, 05:25 PM
He looks like a Batman villain?

BuckeyeRedleg
06-07-2006, 05:51 PM
He looks like a Batman villain?

Ok, so it's that simple.

He an Joe Randa, huh?