PDA

View Full Version : New All-Star Game... Boston+NY v. League!

GullyFoyle
06-07-2006, 05:44 PM
With Red Sox and Yankees players leading in 7 out of 8 positions in the AL ballot... here is a suggestion for the the All-Star game with tongue firmly planted in cheek.

Forget the AL and NL and every year have a Boston-New York vs the league game. Then everyone who roots for a team that doesn't get media coverage can ban together against the northeast media center. Might as well just make it official.

GullyFoyle
06-07-2006, 05:48 PM
(The saddest part is it might be a good game...)

Highlifeman21
06-07-2006, 06:09 PM
Take the NY Red Sox, give the points

Unassisted
06-07-2006, 06:18 PM
The problem would be getting those 2 teams to share a dugout.

ESPN would probably just prefer to replace the ASG with a Red Sox-Yankee Game in a little league park to be followed by a tag-team cage wrestling card pitting the respective IFs, OFs and starting pitching staffs against each other. The appetizer preceding this buffet would be 3 hours of HR Derby.

Joseph
06-07-2006, 06:27 PM
I despise those two teams.

Just saying.

Chip R
06-07-2006, 06:34 PM
ESPN would probably just prefer to replace the ASG with a Red Sox-Yankee Game in a little league park to be followed by a tag-team cage wrestling card pitting the respective IFs, OFs and starting pitching staffs against each other.

Heh! I was going to say just cut out the middleman and have the Sox and Yanks go at each other again.

2001MUgrad
06-07-2006, 07:40 PM
I cannot beleive the ESPN no longer has a backup game in place in case one gets rained out. They are paying for it tonight. I hope they lose millions.

GullyFoyle
06-07-2006, 07:42 PM
I cannot beleive the ESPN no longer has a backup game in place in case one gets rained out. They are paying for it tonight. I hope they lose millions.

I was hoping for Reds / Cards... even though starting times were a little different...