PDA

View Full Version : Three players with 50+ RBI's at the break?

saboforthird
06-08-2006, 07:42 PM
This could conceivably happen.

Kearns 38
E.E. 36
Dunn 35

Even though Junior is at 34 I left him off the list because he's sort of day-to-day right now, and I don't think Phillips has that good a chance.

:beerme:

MaineRed
06-08-2006, 10:19 PM
50 RBI's at the break is really no big deal and all 3 guys should reach that number by then.

HGH Boy in St Louis was on his way to 100.

2001MUgrad
06-08-2006, 10:26 PM
I keep doubting that Phillips will keep it up too, but he is at 36 now. The boy continues to produce when needed. EE might be a concern even though the injury doesn't sound too bad, I won't beleive anything Reds Dr's say until he is in the lineup playing again.

reds44
06-08-2006, 10:35 PM
I wish we knew more about Edwin's injury.

All we heard was "sprained ankle" and haven't heard anything after that.

MaineRed
06-08-2006, 10:41 PM
I think Edwin and Griff are fine. Both were in the dugout, in uniform tonight. Edwin would not be down there if it were anything serious. Both will be back in no time IMO.

saboforthird
06-08-2006, 10:42 PM
50 RBI's at the break is really no big deal and all 3 guys should reach that number by then.

HGH Boy in St Louis was on his way to 100.

It may not be a big deal on an individual basis, but to have three player with 100+ RBI's for the season would be nice. :)

RedsMan3203
06-09-2006, 12:48 AM

I know you LOVE Edwin... but Settle down... Its most likely just a Sprained Ankle and thats why we haven't heard much more.

billy117
06-09-2006, 01:32 AM
This could conceivably happen.

Kearns 38
E.E. 36
Dunn 35

Even though Junior is at 34 I left him off the list because he's sort of day-to-day right now, and I don't think Phillips has that good a chance.

:beerme:

As skeptical as I had been of him, I am coming to believe the BP is for real and I wouldn't be surprised at all to see him with 50 RBI at the break. And as of right now he should be an All-Star.

reds44
06-09-2006, 01:33 AM
As skeptical as I had been of him, I am coming to believe the BP is for real and I wouldn't be surprised at all to see him with 50 RBI at the break. And as of right now he should be an All-Star.
Depends on how many 2B they take.

IMO Utley and Uggla are 1 and 2, with BP being third. I won't put it past BP to pass Uggla though.

billy117
06-09-2006, 01:38 AM
Depends on how many 2B they take.

IMO Utley and Uggla are 1 and 2, with BP being third. I won't put it past BP to pass Uggla though.

Well I can't remember but is the best record this year or the World Series coach last year that manages the All-Star team? Cause if it is Houston, he's probably going to take Biggio.

And I would take BP over Uggla also, even though at the beggining of this week I started Uggla over BP on my fantasy team.....stupid, stupid.

RadfordVA
06-09-2006, 02:07 AM
[QUOTE=billy117]Well I can't remember but is the best record this year or the World Series coach last year that manages the All-Star team? Cause if it is Houston, he's probably going to take Biggio.

It is the managers from the previous seasons world series. So that means Garner will get the call. Utley will be voted in probably which probably leaves one spot. I think brandon phillips deserves it but Vidro might get it, but one person that you might not think about robbing BP's spot is Castillo from Pittsburgh since he has pretty good numbers and Pittsburgh has to have a rep. and they dont have too many options.

RadfordVA
06-09-2006, 02:08 AM
Well I can't remember but is the best record this year or the World Series coach last year that manages the All-Star team? Cause if it is Houston, he's probably going to take Biggio.

It is the managers from the previous seasons world series. So that means Garner will get the call. Utley will be voted in probably which probably leaves one spot. I think brandon phillips deserves it but Vidro might get it, but one person that you might not think about robbing BP's spot is Castillo from Pittsburgh since he has pretty good numbers and Pittsburgh has to have a rep. and they dont have too many options.[/QUOTE]

Topcat
06-09-2006, 02:09 AM

I know he has FCB'S vote :devil:

reds44
06-09-2006, 02:14 AM

And I would take BP over Uggla also, even though at the beggining of this week I started Uggla over BP on my fantasy team.....stupid, stupid.
:confused:

Uggla jacked twice yesterday. I think BP has more talent then Uggla, but Uggla is putting up slightly better numbers then BP. Who know if either will keep it up (although I think BP has a better shot then Uggla), but if Biggio goes over BP and Uggla that will be a crime.

I just don't know if Uggla will go because he is on the Marlins, and I personally am not bashing them, but who knows if Garner will.

Both players have BA driven OBP's and are on pace to drive in around 100 runs. BP has driven them in, in less time and plays better defense.
Without a doubt it should be Phillips or Uggla and Utley. Who knows maybe all 3 go (I think 3 SS went last year, so why not 3 2B this year?)

billy117
06-09-2006, 02:17 AM
I know he has FCB'S vote :devil:
You have to look and see that my rep level is low. I'm not smart enough to know who FCB is. I tried to decipher it and all I came up with were different combinations of curse words.

KronoRed
06-09-2006, 02:18 AM
FallsCityBeer

billy117
06-09-2006, 02:28 AM
:confused:

Uggla jacked twice yesterday. I think BP has more talent then Uggla, but Uggla is putting up slightly better numbers then BP. Who know if either will keep it up (although I think BP has a better shot then Uggla), but if Biggio goes over BP and Uggla that will be a crime.

I just don't know if Uggla will go because he is on the Marlins, and I personally am not bashing them, but who knows if Garner will.

Both players have BA driven OBP's and are on pace to drive in around 100 runs. BP has driven them in, in less time and plays better defense.
Without a doubt it should be Phillips or Uggla and Utley. Who knows maybe all 3 go (I think 3 SS went last year, so why not 3 2B this year?)

Actually in the league I am in, for this week Phillips has more fantasy points than Uggla even with his two home runs yesterday.

Phillips does have one more RBI after tonight's game and a few points better BA and BP is 12 for 12 in stolen bases, Uggla only has four.

reds44
06-09-2006, 02:32 AM
Actually in the league I am in, for this week Phillips has more fantasy points than Uggla even with his two home runs yesterday.

Phillips does have one more RBI after tonight's game and a few points better BA and BP is 12 for 12 in stolen bases, Uggla only has four.
Ok I stand corrected. BP prolly deserves to be in over Uggla then.

kyred14
06-09-2006, 02:51 AM
You have to look and see that my rep level is low. I'm not smart enough to know who FCB is. I tried to decipher it and all I came up with were different combinations of curse words.

Yeah, that's a good way to describe him. :D

TeamBoone
06-09-2006, 11:19 AM

Check out this thread for the latest update(s) on EE:

http://www.redszone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=47073