PDA

View Full Version : New Reds Video for Song

ryanparkersongs
06-09-2006, 04:27 PM
I have recently started playing around with trying to put some imagery to my Reds songs and here is the first take. It is set to the "Cincinnati Is A Baseball Town" song about the great start the Reds have had this season. I think it is more applicable now than when I wrote it after April! :-) I hope you enjoy it!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=V6m5tdXzluQ

Reds1
06-09-2006, 04:32 PM
Excellent. Loved it!

billy117
06-09-2006, 05:01 PM
Wow, that was so much better than what I expected. I honestly went into that being prepared to be embarrassed that it was about the Reds. But that was surprisingly very well done and written. Sorry for the doubt.

WVRedsFan
06-09-2006, 05:02 PM
Just fantastic. Captures this season perfectly!

reds44
06-09-2006, 05:09 PM
Wow that is awesome! And you can tel you aren't just some fan who doesn't watch us once a month, you can hear that you actually know what is going on.

That was great, keep up the awesome work!

KronoRed
06-09-2006, 05:09 PM
Good stuff :)

Red in Chicago
06-09-2006, 05:37 PM
very nice ryan...can you tell me what program you use to get the photos to music and to zoom in like that? did you do that, or did you take it somewhere to have done? i've seen things like this for anniversary's and b-days, so that's why i'm curious...

have you done anything with "this one belongs to the reds" yet?

ryanparkersongs
06-09-2006, 07:00 PM
I just figured out how to do this stuff this week. I use Windows Movie Maker. It comes with Windows XP. It is very easy to use. I pretty much just drag the MP3 file that I want to use into it, then drag the pictures I want to use into it, position them all where I want them, and then you can right click on each picture and add effects to it, etc. (such as the zooming in). It pretty much does it all for you. If you have any questions about it, feel free to email me at ryanparkersongs@gmail.com.

As far as the "This One Belongs To The Reds" song goes, I am going to play it at the Reds Hall of Fame induction on July 16th. The Reds had mentioned that they were going to make a video for it...so I figure I will leave that one to them! :-)

As for the earlier post that recognized me being a Reds fan, I appreciate that! I want to make it clear to everyone that I am a lifelong Reds fan and an amateur singer/songwriter...not the other way around! I am thrilled with the way this season has gone so far. Let's hope the Reds keep winning.

IowaRed
06-09-2006, 08:16 PM
Ryan, that is really great stuff. Just wondering if you had thought about doing a song about the 1990 team or the BRM (if you haven't already)? Also, I hope you can get a copy of your performance at the HOF induction and post it as well. Man, I wish I had even a tiny bit of your musical talent

max venable
06-09-2006, 09:04 PM
When someone writes a song like that...I don't know...maybe it's just me...but with THAT...we're a LOCK to be playing in October. Way to go Ryan!

edabbs44
06-09-2006, 09:15 PM
Honestly, that's a great song. You should try and get that to be played before Reds games. I wrote another verse if you want to use it. :D

It took a while, but they finally learned

http://www.purple-owl.com/-blog/cameraphone-2-idea.gif

To give a pink slip to the useless Mike Burns

http://www.calstatela.edu/univ/athletic/images/players0405/baseball-burns-200w.jpg

Now we can pray and wish with all our might

http://www3.sympatico.ca/simsg/pray.JPG

That the same thing will happen to Rick White

http://www.eve-files.com/media/08/fired.JPG

sdwagers
06-09-2006, 10:05 PM
work David Ross into the song when we win the WS :thumbup:

Great work and love all your songs !

captainmorgan07
06-09-2006, 10:45 PM
nice job heck of a song

George Foster
06-10-2006, 12:53 AM
I gurantee if you send that to "the seg man", "cunningham", and Tracy Jones they will play it 10 times a day on 700wlw. I promise you they will, it's a great song. They will get request to play it. People will want to know were to buy it....you got a local hit on your hands. Send this song in a private message to matt700wlw, he's a Redzoner and works at the station. Also send it to www.redhotmama.com she is a huge Reds fan and will post it on her sight as well I bet. Promote your song!!! Do you need a local agent?:thumbup:

Jr's Boy
06-10-2006, 01:23 AM
I just figured out how to do this stuff this week. I use Windows Movie Maker. It comes with Windows XP. It is very easy to use. I pretty much just drag the MP3 file that I want to use into it, then drag the pictures I want to use into it, position them all where I want them, and then you can right click on each picture and add effects to it, etc. (such as the zooming in). It pretty much does it all for you. If you have any questions about it, feel free to email me at ryanparkersongs@gmail.com.

As far as the "This One Belongs To The Reds" song goes, I am going to play it at the Reds Hall of Fame induction on July 16th. The Reds had mentioned that they were going to make a video for it...so I figure I will leave that one to them! :-)

As for the earlier post that recognized me being a Reds fan, I appreciate that! I want to make it clear to everyone that I am a lifelong Reds fan and an amateur singer/songwriter...not the other way around! I am thrilled with the way this season has gone so far. Let's hope the Reds keep winning.
Ryan be sure and get a copyright on your songs.

kbrake
06-10-2006, 01:58 AM
Awsome song and video.

Jpup
06-10-2006, 08:22 AM
I have recently started playing around with trying to put some imagery to my Reds songs and here is the first take. It is set to the "Cincinnati Is A Baseball Town" song about the great start the Reds have had this season. I think it is more applicable now than when I wrote it after April! :-) I hope you enjoy it!

keep it up man. love your songs.:thumbup: :thumbup:

TeamCasey
06-10-2006, 08:49 AM
How COOL would that be if they played it on the Jumbotron!

It should be the anthem of the season.

Someone should send it to Bob Castellini.

Sean_CaseyRules
06-10-2006, 11:26 AM
Kudos to you Ryan!!!!! I hope you don't mind, but this little video guy is going on my MySpace!

Is there anywhere we can download it so we don't have to be online to watch it? I have dial-up so it ties up the phone...

Yachtzee
06-10-2006, 01:59 PM
Ryan be sure and get a copyright on your songs.

No worries. He got copyright protection as soon as he wrote it down or recorded it.

RFS62
06-11-2006, 10:54 PM
Great stuff!!!

:beerme: :beerme: :beerme:

Jpup
06-12-2006, 03:33 AM
I just listened to some of the other songs are they are great too. I'm not a Bengals fan, but you are very talented. I just checked out your site, good luck with your CD. My fav is "This one belongs to the Reds." It might need some updating with Wily Mo in Boston, but it's still a great song.

savafan
06-12-2006, 01:26 PM
That was awesome. Is there any way I can save it to my computer from youtube.com?

redlegs2370
06-14-2006, 12:28 AM

Great song! You have such a great combination of musical talent and baseball knowledge. I would love to see you and Bronson put on a concert!

It is time for the fans to get out to the park and show everyone that "Cincinnati Is A Baseball Town".

Sean_CaseyRules
06-14-2006, 10:24 PM
People have been asking me where I got the video at man! They LOOOOOOVE it, as do I! Its just great man!