PDA

View Full Version : Tailgating at Great American Ballpark?

aboz56
06-13-2006, 12:02 PM
White Sox fan here, going to be at the big series this weekend. Anyhow, just wanted to ask if the Reds allow tailgating in any of their parking lots at GABP.

If so, which lots? Also, when do the lots usually open?

Should be a fun weekend, there's a lot of White Sox fans who are planning on coming in and we're looking forward to it.

aboz56
Admin, Soxtalk.com

Heath
06-13-2006, 12:22 PM
White Sox fan here, going to be at the big series this weekend. Anyhow, just wanted to ask if the Reds allow tailgating in any of their parking lots at GABP.

If so, which lots? Also, when do the lots usually open?

Should be a fun weekend, there's a lot of White Sox fans who are planning on coming in and we're looking forward to it.

aboz56
Admin, Soxtalk.com

Welcome soxtalk.com

Go for it, why not? They allow it for the Bengals game - I see some people now and then do it.

Joseph
06-13-2006, 01:39 PM
Nothing that prevents it, just don't see it very often. Most people just hit one of the local watering holes near the park then make their way to the game.

SeeinRed
06-13-2006, 09:27 PM
The best thing to do IMO is to hit up Newport. Doesn't Hooters still have the ferry that runs to the game? But if you walk, its quite a nice walk across the river.

huber14
06-15-2006, 11:17 PM
i guess that answers my question, i will be tailgating then too, i will be in a dark red chrysler newyorker with 2 other reds fans and a white sox fan

macro
06-15-2006, 11:30 PM
I seem to recall that there was a law in the Riverfront Stadium days that probited the consumption of alcohol in the parking lots. Did I dream that?

BuckWoody
06-16-2006, 10:24 AM
I seem to recall that there was a law in the Riverfront Stadium days that probited the consumption of alcohol in the parking lots. Did I dream that?
I think that there was but it was never enforced. Otherwise I'd be at Folsom right now singing Johnny Cash songs. :)

Hangar18
06-16-2006, 12:35 PM
And on that note ................ Can you guys recommend any good bars to hit near the ballpark? Im a big SOX fan and will be hitting a giant tailgate my sox friends are throwing, but Id like to hit a watering hole post-game.
Any recommendations for visiting Sox Fans? Thanks

gonelong
06-16-2006, 01:15 PM
And on that note ................ Can you guys recommend any good bars to hit near the ballpark? Im a big SOX fan and will be hitting a giant tailgate my sox friends are throwing, but Id like to hit a watering hole post-game.
Any recommendations for visiting Sox Fans? Thanks

Reat this thread: http://www.redszone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31267

If you have more questions, feel free to ask again.

GL