PDA

View Full Version : Braves interested in Jason LaRue?

Matt700wlw
06-13-2006, 03:15 PM
Dayton Daily News

There is interest in LaRue, possibly from the Atlanta Braves, who have been sniffing around. While they saw Ross, they also saw LaRue hit a pinch-hit home run.

LaRue's salary is a hindrance toward any deal, and one National League scout said, "The Reds probably would have to pay half of that $5.5 million he makes next year."

Said LaRue, "The team is playing well, and I'm not one to say anything one way or another. I have a record. I know what I can do; they know what I can do. The rest is out of my hands."

I get good mileage if he needs a lift. :)

Buckeye33
06-13-2006, 03:18 PM
You could tell how unhappy Jason was last night after hitting the HR. He barely tapped hands with the on deck batters and then quickly went through the motions of high fiving everyone in the dugout and then went directly to the clubhouse. All this with no smile on his face at all.

A change of scenery could help him, but can the Reds really rely mostly on Ross continuing his hot bat.

Jpup
06-13-2006, 03:19 PM
Brian McCann please.....:p: I really can't see Atlanta wanting him, but if they say so.

Ross appears to be the everyday catcher from here on out, so it's time to trade LaRue. I don't know what he would fetch, but I would like to have Kyle Davies as part of any deal.

IslandRed
06-13-2006, 03:21 PM
I'm not sure where the fit is for an Atlanta trade. Our most critical need is bullpen and theirs is shaky, too, and they have more young catchers besides McCann. I don't see the Braves giving up much.

Redsland
06-13-2006, 03:26 PM
In other news from Hal McCoy, Steve Garvey is a HoF'er, Jack McKeon was a GM candidate before the Reds decided to hire Jim Beattie, the Reds will finish in last place this year, Tony Womack is a speedy OBP guy who can play outfield or infield and lead off, the Reds won't go with three catchers, Griffey is our best CF, and Dave from Centerville is a hoot.

Hal needs to string together some successes before I'll believe his "rumors" are anything more than made up.

KronoRed
06-13-2006, 03:27 PM
Now is the time that most teams will be asking about him, we won't get much for him.

Jpup
06-13-2006, 03:31 PM
In other news from Hal McCoy, Steve Garvey is a HoF'er, Jack McKeon was a GM candidate before the Reds decided to hire Jim Beattie, the Reds will finish in last place this year, Tony Womack is a speedy OBP guy who can play outfield or infield and lead off, the Reds won't go with three catchers, Griffey is our best CF, and Dave from Centerville is a hoot.

Hal needs to string together some successes before I'll believe his "rumors" are anything more than made up.

Don't forget that it would be a good idea to trade Adam Dunn for Rich Hill.;)

Redsland
06-13-2006, 03:49 PM
Adam Dunn? You mean the guy who played with a broken hand last year?

Nah. We won't trade him for Rich Hill. We'll trade him for Delino Deshields. And you can take that to the bank.

;)

Heath
06-13-2006, 03:54 PM
i thought it was Austin Kearns for Rich Hill.

Or was that Bobby Hill?

:confused:

KronoRed
06-13-2006, 03:55 PM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/5/5d/Pias.jpg

Joseph
06-13-2006, 04:01 PM
While they saw Ross, they also saw LaRue hit a pinch-hit home run.

Now I must ask, for sake of argument, does this mean they are looking at Ross and also saw LaRue? That's how I read it.

If so, do you sell while the stock is high? I say heck yes you do, and not just because I'm a LaRue apologist either. If you can take a rock, shine it up and make it look like a gem of some sort and then deal it for something of need, why not? I'd do it ten times a day, if there is something of use coming back [or even Reitsma].

Redsland
06-13-2006, 04:07 PM
Now I must ask, for sake of argument, does this mean they are looking at Ross and also saw LaRue? That's how I read it.
I read it as "we came to see LaRue, but he didn't start. We got to see him pinch hit, though."

I agree with your premise of selling high on Ross.

Joseph
06-13-2006, 04:08 PM
I read it as "we came to see LaRue, but he didn't start. We got to see him pinch hit, though."

I agree with your premise of selling high on Ross.

I can see reading it that way as well, makes sense.

Redsland
06-13-2006, 04:09 PM
i thought it was Austin Kearns for Rich Hill.

Or was that Bobby Hill?

:confused:
But if you make that trade, will Bronson Arroyo get mad and demand a trade, as all players with multi-year contracts can do?

:)

StillFunkyB
06-13-2006, 04:14 PM
, and Dave from Centerville is a hoot.

I'm tempted to neg you for that one. :mooner:

gm
06-13-2006, 04:47 PM
...if there is something of use coming back [or even Reitsma].

You must've been reading my mail. The ultimate in irony: Krivsky reacquires Reitsma and Chris rediscovers his Bugs Bunny changeup magic with Cincy

realreds1
06-13-2006, 05:00 PM
... and Chris rediscovers his Bugs Bunny changeup magic with Cincy

It would be better than the Charlie Brown one he has been throwing.

gm
06-13-2006, 05:05 PM
It would be better than the Charlie Brown one he has been throwing.

Yeah, I've been hearing about it from a local Brave's fan...of course he wasn't complaining about Chris until recently...and I countered with "we got a Bong and Bubba for him...whaddya expect?"

GAC
06-13-2006, 05:49 PM
Pay someone to take LaRue? Krivsky will lose pts with me if he were to do so. But I doubt he would.

IMO - there is no great rush to deal LaRue, unless he does become a problem in the cubhouse. Let the teams with the need come to us. But I sure won't let them fleece us for the likes of LaRue.

LINEDRIVER
06-13-2006, 06:25 PM
Is LaRue mad because he cant hit or because the starting pitching has improved since Ross has been catching it?

Not even Ross can help that sorry bullpen.

Mario-Rijo
06-13-2006, 06:47 PM
You must've been reading my mail. The ultimate in irony: Krivsky reacquires Reitsma and Chris rediscovers his Bugs Bunny changeup magic with Cincy

Leaving ATL. did Danny Kolb some good, so ya never know!

Matt700wlw
06-13-2006, 06:52 PM
I'd take a gamble....Couldn't be WORSE, could it?

Joseph
06-13-2006, 07:01 PM
I'd take a gamble....Couldn't be WORSE, could it?

Don't say that so loudly.

Matt700wlw
06-13-2006, 07:02 PM
Don't say that so loudly.

Sorry...

it couldn't be worse, could it?

Rojo
06-13-2006, 07:50 PM
If so, do you sell while the stock is high? I say heck yes you do, and not just because I'm a LaRue apologist either. If you can take a rock, shine it up and make it look like a gem of some sort and then deal it for something of need, why not? I'd do it ten times a day, if there is something of use coming back.

Ross is younger, cheaper, arguably a better reciever, he's hitting better and he's healthier.

Other than that....

KronoRed
06-13-2006, 09:25 PM
Sorry...

it couldn't be worse, could it?
YES IT CAN :devil:

Virginia Beach Reds
06-13-2006, 09:25 PM
CHRIS REITSMA?

He was beat up pretty good on Sunday on bloopers and texas leaguers. Would they give him back to us in relatively even salaries?