PDA

View Full Version : A couple of happy thoughts on an off day...

SirFelixCat
06-15-2006, 06:05 AM
The Reds have lost 5 of their last 6. And were a whopping 0-24 w/ RISP over a good chunk of that span, until Dunn's blast with 2 on. Oh, and the BP has been atrocious.

All that being what it is:

It's June 15th and the Reds are 37-29, 3rd best record in the NL. They are only 2 games out of first. They have a +20 Run Differential (even with the offense missing for most of May). And, the Reds signed 2 of their top 4 draft picks already (1st and 4th).

While the team has PLENTY of room for improvement, it's not all doom and gloom.

Now enjoy the hell outta your Thursday!

RFS62
06-15-2006, 08:59 AM
AND we're leading in the Wild Card standings by a game and a half.

Is there anyone here who would have predicted this before the season started?

If you're not enjoying this, you just don't want to.

RedFanAlways1966
06-15-2006, 09:03 AM
A great season so far by a team that was picked by many to finish dead last in their own division.

I have thoroughly enjoyed this season so far. :beerme: :thumbup:

wolfboy
06-15-2006, 09:20 AM
A great season so far by a team that was picked by many to finish dead last in their own division.

I have thoroughly enjoyed this season so far. :beerme: :thumbup:

Not just in their own division, but in all of baseball. It's very exciting to see this team doing so well. I never would have expected the results we've seen from the starting pitching. Hopefully, the team can find some consistency, and this awful bullpen can get some help. I am still cautiously optimistic. I'll take that anytime over what I've felt about this team over the past few seasons.

GAC
06-15-2006, 09:24 AM
You guys are really peeing off alot of people here on the 'zone with your words of hope and optimism. ;)

dabvu2498
06-15-2006, 09:37 AM
I'm "lucky" enough to be doing some business this afternoon in Hamilton. I think I'll stop by the Elks Club for Nuxie's golf outing, just to check the lay of the land. Hopefully I'll be able to provide a full report this eveing.

gonelong
06-15-2006, 01:05 PM
If you're not enjoying this, you just don't want to.

I have had more Reds conversation with my Wife, neighbor, Dad, brothers, and coworkers than I had in the last 2 years combined.
Here is to hoping they can keep up the pace! :beerme:

GL

bucksfan
06-15-2006, 01:20 PM
The Reds have lost 5 of their last 6. And were a whopping 0-24 w/ RISP over a good chunk of that span, until Dunn's blast with 2 on. Oh, and the BP has been atrocious.

All that being what it is:

It's June 15th and the Reds are 37-29, 3rd best record in the NL. They are only 2 games out of first. They have a +20 Run Differential (even with the offense missing for most of May). And, the Reds signed 2 of their top 4 draft picks already (1st and 4th).

While the team has PLENTY of room for improvement, it's not all doom and gloom.

Now enjoy the hell outta your Thursday!

Great points Eddie. :beerme: My only issue was that I was starting to get worried about the pressure "I'd be under" to break a7 game losing streak when we come down for the game this Saturday. But Adam took that burden upon himself thankfully. I still don't know what I would have done had it been up to me on Saturday! ;)