PDA

View Full Version : High School Football

Sean_CaseyRules
06-16-2006, 12:47 PM
Anyone on here still in High School and play football, or a part of a High School football program?

captainmorgan07
06-16-2006, 08:05 PM
yes

Sean_CaseyRules
06-17-2006, 02:21 AM
Well I guess that didn't get the reaction i was going to get, well here let me try again...
Who all here goes to just about every football game of a High School team? And if you do, who do you watch?

Heath
06-17-2006, 02:23 PM
Well I guess that didn't get the reaction i was going to get, well here let me try again...
Who all here goes to just about every football game of a High School team? And if you do, who do you watch?

I think SCR wants to triumph his local Mechanicsburg High Indians who annually year in and year out are one of the top ranked teams in Small School Div 5 football in Ohio.

:D

kearns and dunn
06-17-2006, 04:21 PM
I play on my football team down in Montana.

Sean_CaseyRules
06-17-2006, 11:54 PM
I think SCR wants to triumph his local Mechanicsburg High Indians who annually year in and year out are one of the top ranked teams in Small School Div 5 football in Ohio.

Nah...you give us too much credit.....we year in and year out are one of the top ranked teams in Division 6! lol. But honestly I wanted to see if anyone else is already pumped for this season like i am! lol. We just went through our 3 days of camp and I'm already waiting to see those West Jeff Roughriders on the field!!!!!!

redsfaninbsg
06-19-2006, 03:19 AM
Played all my life til I graduated, I still go watch my high school play ever week. The eight time VHSL State Champion Powell Valley Vikings from Big Stone Gap, Virginia.

redsfan30
06-19-2006, 11:43 AM
Watch out for you rivals this year, SCR (you should know who that is). They turned out to be pretty good last year after losing 75% of the winningest team in our schools history, and another year of experience for the young guys plus having our number one quarterback all season is going to make them tough to beat.

reds1869
06-19-2006, 11:53 AM
I'm a native West Virginian who goes back to see my high school when I can. The Williamstown Yellowjackets broke the Class A (small school) record last year with their 46th consecutive regular season victory. I believe it's the overall state record as well. The irony is that we only won 15 games the entire time I was in high school there, and it's a 7-12 school.

Sean_CaseyRules
06-19-2006, 11:04 PM
Watch out for you rivals this year, SCR (you should know who that is). They turned out to be pretty good last year after losing 75% of the winningest team in our schools history, and another year of experience for the young guys plus having our number one quarterback all season is going to make them tough to beat.

Well if your talking about WLS, well then I really don't see what to worry about, LOL, Im only kidding, every year its a tough battle.

And if you are talking about THS, then there DEFINATLY isn't anything to worry about there, LOL.

And I'm going out on a limb here, but if you are from SCC, then I'm looking foward to the trip there, and hopefully its as great of a game as it was 2 years ago!

Sean_CaseyRules
06-19-2006, 11:07 PM
and it's a 7-12 school.

Our school is K-12 in one building, lol

edabbs44
06-19-2006, 11:16 PM
My alma mater is playing in the Herbstreit challenge this year in Cincy...look out.

Don Bosco Prep vs Centreville. How's Centreville traditionally?

dabvu2498
06-20-2006, 12:11 PM
My alma mater is playing in the Herbstreit challenge this year in Cincy...look out.

Don Bosco Prep vs Centreville. How's Centreville traditionally?
Centerville made the Herbstreit challenge because Herbie's an alumni.

Centerville is typically one of the 2 best big-school teams in the Dayton area (along with Huber Heights Wayne). Typically very disciplined and "fundamentally sound" and usually with a power-style running game. They've also had some speed-athlete types here recently.

Alumni include: AJ Hawk, Nick Mangold, Kirk Herbstreit and Mike Nugent. Ryan Hawk (AJ's bro) was also a standout QB who went on to have a nice MAC career at OhioU. I think they have maybe 4-5 other guys still playing D1 ball.

redsfan30
06-20-2006, 12:58 PM
Well if your talking about WLS, well then I really don't see what to worry about, LOL, Im only kidding, every year its a tough battle.

And if you are talking about THS, then there DEFINATLY isn't anything to worry about there, LOL.

And I'm going out on a limb here, but if you are from SCC, then I'm looking foward to the trip there, and hopefully its as great of a game as it was 2 years ago!
WL-S.

Triad is HORRIBLE, but Catholic Central should be very good again.

Red Leader
06-20-2006, 01:17 PM
Centerville made the Herbstreit challenge because Herbie's an alumni.

Centerville is typically one of the 2 best big-school teams in the Dayton area (along with Huber Heights Wayne). Typically very disciplined and "fundamentally sound" and usually with a power-style running game. They've also had some speed-athlete types here recently.

Alumni include: AJ Hawk, Nick Mangold, Kirk Herbstreit and Mike Nugent. Ryan Hawk (AJ's bro) was also a standout QB who went on to have a nice MAC career at OhioU. I think they have maybe 4-5 other guys still playing D1 ball.

Very nice, dabvu2498. I am a Centerville grad as well. Your description in bold is very accurate. Year in and year out you can always depend on Centerville to have a power running game and stick with it. They do have some talent this year at QB and at the WR positions, so they could throw more than usual, but still, the game is won in the trenches, so you'll see more running than throwing.

Here is the full list of alumni since 2000 to play college ball.

Brad Hull - Grand Valley State Unviersity in Grand Rapids Michigan
Steve Pytosh - Morehead State University

Jameson Hartke - Ohio University
Jared Hunter - Ohio Northern
Brent Middleton - Ohio Northern
Tom Ingham - University of Dayton
Josh Smith - Otterbein College
Andrew Disalvo - Otterbein College

Dan Cline - Western Kentucky
Eric Larrimer - Ball State
Bill Guiney - Rose Hulman
Jeff Gates - Baldwin-Wallace
Tony Thomas - Wittenberg

Greg Brown - Indiana
Andrew Terlecky - Denison
Joe Unger - Marshall
Brent Ullery - Ohio State

A.J. Hawk - Ohio State

Jason Flowers - Toledo
Zac Elcess - Marshall

*this is last years list of players that were still playing college football. Obviously, Nugent would have been on this list if he were still in college, but he was in the NFL last year. Also, Nick Mangold went to Kettering Alter, not Centerville HS. His parents live in Centerville, but he went to the smaller, private school. Most announcers screwed this up from day 1 saying that Hawk and Mangold were teammates in HS. They were not.

dabvu2498
06-20-2006, 01:33 PM
Also, Nick Mangold went to Kettering Alter, not Centerville HS. His parents live in Centerville, but he went to the smaller, private school. Most announcers screwed this up from day 1 saying that Hawk and Mangold were teammates in HS. They were not.
D'Oh!!! I knew that... it just slipped my mind as I was typing it in. Lot's of Alterites from Centerville and the Burg and not Kettering proper. I like Centerville/Wash Township. Don't live there but used to. Still go to church, get my hair cut, go to the gym there.

Red Leader
06-20-2006, 01:34 PM
Where do you go to church? I might have seen you and not even known it.

edabbs44
06-20-2006, 01:39 PM
Bosco has had a superb program for years and this year looks to be about the same. Phil Simms' son is the QB. They normally place about 4 or 5 kids per year into D1 schools, typically larger programs. Off the top of my head, they have had recent grads go to Florida State, Notre Dame, Boston College and others.

Sean_CaseyRules
06-20-2006, 01:48 PM
WL-S.

Triad is HORRIBLE, but Catholic Central should be very good again.

Well I didn't wanna knock anyone so I tried to say something nice.....but we killed em 50-15, lol, and they scored there 15 against our Freshman team, lol. Well I can't wait until Week 4!! Going to be a hell of a lot of fun to beat WLS at home!!!!!

ochre
06-20-2006, 03:00 PM
Take what RL says with a grain of salt. He didn't even know that Nugent was teh starting QB at C-Ville. :)

Red Leader
06-20-2006, 03:06 PM
Take what RL says with a grain of salt. He didn't even know that Nugent was teh starting QB at C-Ville. :)

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Jerk.

Dude's built like a pipe cleaner. I didn't think he could play QB in the WOL/GWOC.

Heath
06-20-2006, 03:45 PM
Dude's built like a pipe cleaner. I didn't think he could play QB in the WOL/GWOC.

Well, Fairborn's QB is pretty skinny, and so is Wayne's. Belton from Northmont's got some size, though some of it is babyfat.

Sean_CaseyRules
08-10-2006, 06:10 PM
Anyone leave near or know anything about Unioto? We scrimmage them on saturday, I just would like to know what they did last year, and what they are figured on doing this year.

WVRed
08-10-2006, 06:28 PM
I'm a native West Virginian who goes back to see my high school when I can. The Williamstown Yellowjackets broke the Class A (small school) record last year with their 46th consecutive regular season victory. I believe it's the overall state record as well. The irony is that we only won 15 games the entire time I was in high school there, and it's a 7-12 school.

Then they absolutely tanked in the championship games the last two years.;)

They say when you move to Parkersburg, you immediately have to pick a school, PHS or South. I went with the Big Reds.:)

HumnHilghtFreel
08-10-2006, 07:41 PM
I just graduated, I'm gonna miss feeling like I have a connection going to the games, lol.

Sean_CaseyRules
09-09-2006, 11:58 PM

I just thought that I would say good luck to you guys this week. Its going to be a long hard faught game. Hopefully we don't have a dispute (like before the game last year when we went through the Tiger head...)

Sean_CaseyRules
11-01-2006, 09:50 PM
Just wanting to know how everyones high school did and if any made the playoffs? We are #1 in Division #6, Region #24. We are ranked #3 state-wide. We play North Lewisberg Triad again this week. We beat them 21-6 in the muddiest, most fun game I have ever played in! Now we get them again, and this time i'm predicting it wont be as close.... We finished 9-1 on the Regular Season, only losing our first game to a 10-0 West Jefferson Team. We had 2,581 rushing yards, but only 833 passing yards from our sophmore QB on the season, giving us a total of 3,414. I am VERY proud of the rushing because i start at left tackle! lol. All of my information is coming from, http://www.burgfootball.com Feel free to look up anything else you wanna know about us on here.

Sean_CaseyRules
11-04-2006, 12:59 AM
We beat the North Lewisberg Triad Cardinals, 61-0 tonight!

Hap
11-04-2006, 08:08 AM
Congrats....

You've got a tough bracket with Hardin Northern and Marion Local.

Good Luck.....

My old high school (Lafayette Allen East) (Division V Region 20) plays at home tonight against conference rival Spencerville. This will be the first playoff game ever at their stadium, and it will be the final ever Allen East football game at that stadium (they are moving to a new stadium next year). In addition to an outstanding football team, we have one of the best marching bands in the world. The atmosphere should be incredible.

Sean_CaseyRules
11-04-2006, 01:10 PM
I was actually planning on heading to that gmae tonight, sounds like its going to be a great game, but a few of my fellow football players are going to go the the West Jefferson game tonight. They are about the only people that have respected us at all, and even though they are the only team to beat us this year, I really like them and their team a lot. They played with a lot of class.

reds1869
11-04-2006, 07:22 PM
Have to brag on my school some more--they just wrapped up another unbeaten season with a 27-0 drubbing of Parkersburg Catholic. Not that anyone other than WVRed cares. BTW, congrats to your Big Reds on a fine season; I'll be pulling for them to win AAA.

Hap
11-05-2006, 01:08 PM
Allen East 41 Spencerville 21 (http://www.limanews.com/story.php?IDnum=31801)

It was a very hard-hitting and hard-fought game by two teams with stud tailbacks. Spencerville was about to score on the first play of the fourth quarter to draw within five points, but we forced a fumble and ran it back 95 yards for a TD. A later 58 yard TD run put the game out of reach.

Sean_CaseyRules
11-05-2006, 01:38 PM
That sounded like a great game, better than the WJ game... It was 26-0 at the half when we left... We have Dola Hardin Northern this week and its most likely going to be @ Bellfountaine, if anyone cares to come watch the show.

Sean_CaseyRules
11-08-2006, 01:11 PM
Someone said that we broke an OHSAA record with 41 points in the 2nd quarter of that game, i dunno though.

Hap
11-09-2006, 10:52 AM
Good luck against Hardin Northern, SCR. They are an outstanding team, as I am sure your team is also. Your game might be the game of the week in the entire state.

I am going to the Allen East -- Lima Central Catholic game on Saturday, and I am expecting a real dogfight on both sides. They beat us in week 9, but we were playing without our star tailback, who was suspended for one game. Judging by his 266-yard performance last week, I would predict that he will carry the Mustangs to victory.

Sean_CaseyRules
11-09-2006, 09:21 PM
LCC beat West Liberty-Salem last week didn't they? They are also in our league and we beat them 48-0. Good luck to Allen East!!!

Hap
11-11-2006, 10:50 AM
Mechanicsburg 34 Hardin Northern 0 (http://www.limasports.com/stats.php?IDnum=250)

MECHANICSBURG MANHANDLES HARDIN NORTHERN (http://www.limanews.com/story.php?IDnum=32082)

I listened to most of the first quarter of this game on the radio. I knew the game was overwith in the first half when Mechanicsburg intercepted a pass and then passed for a long touchdown on the next play to go ahead 14-0.

Congrats to you and your team, SCR.

Your game against Maria Stein Marion Local might be the state championship.

kbrake
11-11-2006, 11:01 AM
I might end up going to the LCC-Allen East game tonight. Depends what else is going on. Had a chance last night to see Piqua defeat Wapakoneta. Piqua's running back Saine who is already committed to Ohio State looked good but I dont know how he will do at the next level. Kid is crazy fast, but guess we will just have to see when he gets to college.

redsfan30
11-11-2006, 11:09 AM
Mechanicsburg was completely dominate. 34-0 doesn't show the kind of beat down they put on Hardin Northern.

I walked away from that field saying "Wow!"

Hap
11-11-2006, 11:38 AM
Lima Central Catholic will be wearing multi-colored, new-style uniforms with the flashy motion striping. Allen East has the same Medium Blue and White that they wore when the district was created in 1965. The only difference is the block-lettered "AE" on the helmets when they used to be just solid blue.

http://www.limaohio.com/media/9cf94aa85299d806a30c19193f2dc854.jpg

http://www.limaohio.com/media/f6665059f65a1f05fc38374cc1d42c92.jpg

Lima Central Catholic runs a well-balanced offense, mixing size and atleticism with a touch of flair. They also sport a solid, stingy defense.

Allen East runs more or less the same playbooks on offense and defense that they ran in 1965. Their OLs and RBs are good enough to control the tempo and the time of posession. And just when you think they are going to run Tailback Off-Tackle for the seventeenth consecutive play, they give you a fullback counter or a play-fake pass for a big gain. On the defensive side is where the team's best all-around athletes play. They fill the gaps and hit hard and make all the plays. Woody Hayes would be proud.

This will an outstanding game all around.

Matt700wlw
11-11-2006, 12:44 PM
Go Turpin!!

Sean_CaseyRules
11-11-2006, 01:59 PM
We are looking foward to our game next week vs. Marion Local. We wanted this game since before the season to avenge our last years opening round loss to them 17-7. Its going to be a lot of fun! I hope as many of you guys can come out to see "The show"! And watch The Stove's magnificent line play! lol