PDA

View Full Version : What would you give up for Hudson?

edabbs44
06-16-2006, 06:51 PM
Rosenthal talking about the Braves possibly moving Hudson. Relatively cheap this year and next and then his salary skyrockets. So you make a move for Hudson this year and then get 1.5 cheap, good years out of him. Then deal him to NY or Boston. Does anyone see any value in making a move?

http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/5700028

KronoRed
06-16-2006, 06:55 PM
I would think the Braves will be after young pitching to help rebuild, we don't really have any strength in that area

Spitball
06-16-2006, 07:05 PM
I posted this on the "Trade Kearns Now" thread, but no one noticed so I started a thread on "Reds Live". He'd be a nice addition but his health and contract have to be a concern, but I'd love to see him in the Reds' rotation.

vaticanplum
06-16-2006, 07:07 PM
For Tim Hudson, I'd give it all up, if you catch my drift.

Heath
06-16-2006, 07:17 PM
For Tim Hudson, I'd give it all up, if you catch my drift.

He's not good enough for you. :D

No beer goggling in the bleachers, ok? Your mom warned you about those people.

Aren't you more of a "closer-type".

Ok, I'm leaving now - this thread anyway.

IslandRed
06-16-2006, 08:31 PM
So you make a move for Hudson this year and then get 1.5 cheap, good years out of him. Then deal him to NY or Boston.

Well, it's not quite that easy, is it? New York or Boston won't want him at that price if he's not pitching well. And if he is, we won't want to trade him.

The main thing that bothers me about Hudson is the health issue. And that he's probably past his peak already. There's a good chance that backloaded contract becomes a major albatross, and once you have an albatross there's no guarantee you can make him someone else's problem.

Matt700wlw
06-16-2006, 09:46 PM
I'd throw Claussen in for free with whatever else it takes.

redsfan4445
06-16-2006, 10:48 PM
I'd throw Claussen in for free with whatever else it takes.

I agree... Time to get rid of Claussen and throw in Wagner and another player (NOT Bailey)

KronoRed
06-16-2006, 10:49 PM
They won't give up Hudson for our spare junk.