PDA

View Full Version : Tim Hudson???

Spitball
06-16-2006, 05:51 PM
Could Tim Hudson be an option and what would it take to land him? Wagner or Claussen, Bailey, and Votto? They thrown in Reitsma.

Link: http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/5700028

I'm not sure the Reds have the players to offer, but he has the stuff to pitch in the GAB. He is affordable for a couple of years but after that-ouch!

RedEye
06-16-2006, 05:55 PM
He'd be a great addition, especially as a ground ball pitcher. However, I think we'd have to give up too much to get him. I'd rather see the club pursue Willis (younger with more upside), Schmidt (power pitcher we sorely lack), or Zito (heard he's on the block).

VI_RedsFan
06-16-2006, 05:56 PM
Looks like you and edabbs are on the same page, Spitball (if you don't know what I'm talking about, just look in the ORG). I wouldn't give up Bailey for Hudson, but I'd trade BOTH Claussen and Wagner to get it done. Here's what I'd do:

Kearns, Claussen, Wagner, Olmedo, Votto for Hudson and Reistma

This trade seems fair to me. Yeah, maybe we are giving up a lot, but at the same time we upgrade the rotation and the bullpen greatly.

Just a side thought here, but would anyone trade LaRue to the Royals for Elmer Dessens? Elmer has done pretty well pitching out of the 'pen in KC and he would sure help ours.

CTA513
06-16-2006, 05:57 PM
Reistma is on the DL with numbness in his fingers...

VI_RedsFan
06-16-2006, 06:00 PM

I'm sure he won't be gone for too long. He's only on the 15-day.

captainmorgan07
06-16-2006, 06:13 PM
kip wells had the same thing and it turned out to be very bad

jimbo
06-16-2006, 06:23 PM
I don't think I want Reistma even if he is healthy. His 9.11 ERA, along with the fact that the Braves are sour on him and ready to ship him out, is enough to scare me away.

KronoRed
06-16-2006, 06:36 PM
Doubt they would want Kearns, young OF's they have.

Spitball
06-16-2006, 07:02 PM
Yeah, Reitsma broke his arm or elbow throwing a pitch years ago. There might be a serious medical issue with him, but I'd take Hudson.

I wouldn't be afraid to include Bailey in a deal to acquire a Hudson type pitcher, contract, rib, and all. He pounds the lower strike zone and would surely fit the GAB. I would think Votto would be attractive to them, also.

saboforthird
06-16-2006, 07:45 PM

Numbness is nothing to over-look.

Spitball
06-17-2006, 10:48 AM
Numbness is nothing to over-look.

Right, because numbness would be a neurological problem. I believe repetitive actions, such a throwing, sometimes cause nerve damage.

I wonder if his friend Catch22 ever visits here anymore.

TeamBoone
06-17-2006, 11:50 AM

Chris isn't having a very good year. Maybe he has a mechanics problem that can be fixed or is it because he has an underlying medical problem?

Is it wise to give up HB? He's the most promising pitching prospect the Reds have had in a long long time. They're not a dime a dozen.

Spitball
06-17-2006, 12:10 PM
Chris isn't having a very good year. Maybe he has a mechanics problem that can be fixed or is it because he has an underlying medical problem?

Is it wise to give up HB? He's the most promising pitching prospect the Reds have had in a long long time. They're not a dime a dozen.

I'd give up HB to acquire a Tim Hudson type starter. If you look at the B.J. Ryan and Jason Schmidt examples, you see that so often teams have a promising young pitcher through his developing years and then lose him when he develops and tests the free agent market. Others get injured or never develop as hoped. Hudson is signed through a few more years though he gets pretty expensive in a few years. Hopefully, by that time, the Reds are winning so much they are packing the park.

Redsland
06-17-2006, 02:55 PM
I wonder if his friend Catch22 ever visits here anymore.
According to the Membership List, he dropped by yesterday.

CTA513
06-17-2006, 04:28 PM

I was watching the Redsox & Braves game and heard one of the announcers say he has bone chips around his elbow.

TeamBoone
06-17-2006, 06:05 PM
I was watching the Redsox & Braves game and heard one of the announcers say he has bone chips around his elbow.

Can't that be cleaned up by relatively minor surgery, similar to Milton's knee a few weeks ago?

dabvu2498
06-17-2006, 09:20 PM
Can't that be cleaned up by relatively minor surgery, similar to Milton's knee a few weeks ago?
It's a bit more difficult to rehab a throwing arm than a knee for a pitcher.

Numbness in fingers can also = torn labrum. I, unfortunately would know.

Newman4
06-17-2006, 09:38 PM
How about Felipe Lopez for Hudson? I saw where the Braves were interested in upgrading second base/trading Giles. Is this a possibility?

VI_RedsFan
06-17-2006, 09:49 PM
How about Felipe Lopez for Hudson? I saw where the Braves were interested in upgrading second base/trading Giles. Is this a possibility?

I'd do it.