PDA

View Full Version : ESPN Question of the Night: Which is the most interesting event?

WMR
06-18-2006, 12:01 AM
Over 81,000 polled:

47% : U.S. in World Cup
38% : NBA Finals
Remainder : U.S. Open

Can I get a hell yeah for U.S. Soccer????

Possible watershed moment for U.S. in their performance today vs. Italy. They get killed by Italy, no way do they get this sort of interest from the "average" sports fan.

OldRightHander
06-18-2006, 12:07 AM

Possible watershed moment for U.S. in their performance today vs. Italy. They get killed by Italy, no way do they get this sort of interest from the "average" sports fan.

I'll second that. The referee sure tried to help Italy out a bit with those cheap red cards though. They played with a lot of heart today and could have come out on top with a couple good breaks.

reds1869
06-18-2006, 09:08 AM
Hoorah for the Red, White and Blue! I'm proud to be a member of Sam's Army. Granted, not one with enough resources to travel to Germany 2006. What a huge moment for US Soccer. I'm not sure if you've heard, but we actually outnumbered the Italian fans in the stadium last night!

WMR
06-18-2006, 09:42 AM
Yes we did outnumber them; our troops played a major role in creating that advantage and boy were they loud and proud! You could clearly hear their chants of Bull-crap(the other 4 letter word) after the Reds. Great work by our fans at the game. :)

DropDocK
06-18-2006, 03:55 PM
I'm not sure if you've heard, but we actually outnumbered the Italian fans in the stadium last night!

:cool:
There is an Army base there right?

My lineup:
1 World Cup
2 NHL finals
3 NBA finals

The real US Open doesn't come around until September in NYC :p:

oneupper
06-20-2006, 05:34 PM
Over 81,000 polled:

47% : U.S. in World Cup
38% : NBA Finals
Remainder : U.S. Open

Color me SURPRISED!

Only a few weeks ago my daughter (HS sophmore) was telling me that practically none of her classmates even knew the FIFA World Cup would be on.

Put it on ESPN, give it a little buzz...and it takes off!

That is stimulating, but worrisome at the same time, if you catch my drift.

RBA
06-20-2006, 06:14 PM
:cool:
There is an Army base there right?

My lineup:
1 World Cup
2 NHL finals
3 NBA finals

The real US Open doesn't come around until September in NYC :p:

K-Town is Little America. It's the biggest group of Americans outside of North America.

There are several Army and Air Force bases within 2 hours from K-Town.

The Kaiserslautern Military Community (KMC) is the largest military community outside the continental United States, and is a combined community consisting of Army and Air Force components. The Kaiserslautern Military Community (KMC) consists of Army facilities at Kleber, Panzer, and Daener Kaserne, Vogelweh, Landstuhl, Miesau, Pirmasens, Rhine Ordnance and Pulaski Barracks along with Air Force facilities located at Ramstein Air Base, Einsiedlerhof, Sembach and Kapaun Air Station.

Several U.S. Army Europe, or USAREUR, installations are scattered throughout the KMC. The Army installations stretch from the east side of Kaiserslautern, west to Miesau and south to Pirmasens. There are eight different Army installations comprising the KMC: Kleber Kaserne (Northeastern Kaiserslautern) Daener Kaserne (Northeastern Kaiserslautern) Panzer Kaserne (Northeastern Kaiserslautern) Landstuhl Regional Medical Center (Landstuhl) Rhine Ordnance Barracks (Western Kaiserslautern) Pulaski Barracks (Western Kaiserslautern) United States Materiel Command Center Europe/226th Med Bn (remote site at Pirmasens) Vogelweh (Western Kaiserslautern).