PDA

View Full Version : What is the going rate for Chris Denorfia

ramp101
06-18-2006, 09:33 PM
What's up guys? The Marlins are searching for a CF and have an abundance of pitching. The Reds could use some pitching, and have a pretty good CF in Chirs Denorfia(he does play CF right?).

So what would be your guess as to what he would cost the Marlins?

If you're talking guys like Johnson, Olsen, or Nolasco... then no thanks. But someone like Reynel Pinto or Gaby Hernandez or Adam Bostick and we may have something there.

Have at it boys.

reds44
06-18-2006, 09:36 PM
2 capable bullpen arms and I would trade him.

Yes Deno plays CF.

edabbs44
06-18-2006, 09:38 PM
What's up guys? The Marlins are searching for a CF and have an abundance of pitching. The Reds could use some pitching, and have a pretty good CF in Chirs Denorfia(he does play CF right?).

So what would be your guess as to what he would cost the Marlins?

If you're talking guys like Johnson, Olsen, or Nolasco... then no thanks. But someone like Reynel Pinto or Gaby Hernandez or Adam Bostick and we may have something there.

Have at it boys.
I wouldn't mind Volstad or Aaron Thompson. Those guys on the block? I would also take Gaby Hernandez.

ramp101
06-18-2006, 09:50 PM
I wouldn't mind Volstad or Aaron Thompson. Those guys on the block? I would also take Gaby Hernandez.
While Volstad and Thompson arent likely available, wouldnt you rather have someone 0-2 years away than someone 2-4?

And reds44, I doubt the Marlins have any bullpen arms they want to give up right now, or could give up.

reds44
06-18-2006, 09:51 PM
While Volstad and Thompson arent likely available, wouldnt you rather have someone 0-2 years away than someone 2-4?

And reds44, I doubt the Marlins have any bullpen arms they want to give up right now, or could give up.
Then I doubt we would be interested in trading you Chris Denorfia.

Unless it is late July and we are out of it, I really doubt we will trade Denorfia for prospects. He is one of the guys we have now, that can bring us help for now.

edabbs44
06-18-2006, 09:53 PM

If Deno goes anywhere, I either want immediate help or high ceilings. I don't want a potential #4 or 5.

ramp101
06-18-2006, 09:54 PM
With all due respect, do you think there are alot of teams looking to trade a solid bullpen arm or two for a 26 year old rookie?

edabbs44
06-18-2006, 09:58 PM
With all due respect, do you think there are alot of teams looking to trade a solid bullpen arm or two for a 26 year old rookie?
Hey, you came to us! ;)

The thing is, if he doesn't get what they Reds need then there is no reason to deal him. He'd be more valuable for Cincy then a second rate prospect.

alloverjr
06-18-2006, 10:01 PM
Hey, you came to us! ;)

The thing is, if he doesn't get what they Reds need then there is no reason to deal him. He'd be more valuable for Cincy then a second rate prospect.

Especially 100 miles away in Louisville. ;)

KronoRed
06-18-2006, 10:03 PM
Willis :devil:

M2
06-18-2006, 10:27 PM
Willis :devil:

I'll second that.

ramp, think about this way: Why trade Denorfia cheap when you could keep him and get more for Kearns, Freel or Jr.?

Why would the Reds move him for less? Bullpen arms come and go. If someone thinks Denorfia can play everyday for them then, yeah, that's worth a bullpen arm and probably then some. Yet it gets back to what I mentioned above. Denorfia is a potential cheap starting CF. The Reds would be well-served to keep him and deal some of the other OFs.

ramp101
06-18-2006, 10:30 PM
I'll second that.

ramp, think about this way: Why trade Denorfia cheap when you could keep him and get more for Kearns, Freel or Jr.?
Good answer. :D

Team Clark
06-18-2006, 10:36 PM
Who would replace Dino? I do not expect Dunn to be around and JR will switch positions or retire in the next season or two... Who are the Reds going to get that has that kind of talent for the minimum?

TheBigLebowski
06-18-2006, 10:37 PM
With all due respect, I'd like to warn you about Deno.

If he sees you showing him disrespect on this mb, he's going to create a firewall so impenetrable that even the great Dr. Stephen Hawking or Bill Gates would not be able to negotiate it. Why?

Because the firewall would consist of Deno himself blocking each and every bit of information that is endeavoring to enter or leave your computer. He can do this because he's fast and he has heart.

If he's this effective in the world of cyberspace, imagine what he can do for your baseball team. So, that, my good friend, is why a 26 year old rookie commands a high price.

I'd also like to remind you that he's grabbing your girlfriend's badunk-a-dunk as we type. Deno steals chicks from internet geeks all the time.

ramp101
06-19-2006, 01:22 AM
How about a Jason Vargas for Chris Denorfia swap?

reds44
06-19-2006, 01:26 AM
How about a Jason Vargas for Chris Denorfia swap?
Isn't Vargas hurt?

If not can you link me to some stats (AAA and MLB)?

KronoRed
06-19-2006, 01:29 AM
http://www.forecaster.ca/thestar/baseball/player.cgi?5044

reds44
06-19-2006, 01:31 AM
Holy crap a 21/25 K/BB ratio.

ASSETS: Low-mid-90s heat and strong slider and change-up, backed by impressive poise and command for a young pitcher. That slider is killer against left-handed hitters
Scouting report seems alittle off.

SteelSD
06-19-2006, 01:33 AM
So Reggie Abercrombie isn't working out too well?

Imagine that.

GAC
06-19-2006, 06:35 AM

I don't know if Kearns has more value then Deno at this stage. :lol:

Jr's contract, his health, and his 10-5 rights makes it highly doubtful. Not too many teams are gonna touch this guy and take the risk. Only those that can afford the "mistake" where it won't hurt their payroll.

Freel, at age 30, has yet to show he can consistently put up the numbers over a full year. I think teams see this. Prospects at best.

Denorfia is a potential cheap starting CF.

Which is why he would be alot more appealing then any of the above mentioned. Especially to cost-conscious Florida, and many other teams.

Krusty
06-19-2006, 08:02 AM
I see either Dunn or Junior moved first before Deno. Krivsky loves the guy.

Jpup
06-19-2006, 08:19 AM

so much that he is letting him play in AAA at 26.

Heath
06-19-2006, 09:55 AM

Imagine that.

Only man in America with Reggie Taylor poster on his wall.

flyer85
06-19-2006, 10:27 AM
just didn't get to face the Reds enough. :evil:

Heath
06-19-2006, 10:57 AM
so much that he is letting him play in AAA at 26.

I'd rather have Deno play AAA at 26 then sit and play every 5th day in MLB.

Can Deno beat out Jr, Griffey, or Dunn? No.

He'll be here soon enough.

Chip R
06-19-2006, 01:45 PM
Only man in America with Reggie Taylor poster on his wall.

Him and JimBo. ;)

reds44
06-19-2006, 01:47 PM
I'd rather have Deno play AAA at 26 then sit and play every 5th day in MLB.

Can Deno beat out Jr, Griffey, or Dunn? No.

He'll be here soon enough.
Woah Griffey is so good that Jr and Griffey are 2 different people?

:evil:
;)

Kc61
06-19-2006, 01:56 PM

I'm interested in why you think this is so.

smith288
06-19-2006, 02:50 PM
I just dont understand the Deno man crush everyone has. Feels like twighlight zone.

Buckeye33
06-19-2006, 03:19 PM
Deno for Shealy. It needs to happen for both teams. Obviously, if the Marlins or whoever offered good pitching you'd have tothink about it over Shealy.

KronoRed
06-19-2006, 03:34 PM
Woah Griffey is so good that Jr and Griffey are 2 different people?

:evil:
;)
That's why Deno has to replace JR

He is also 2 people. :cool:

schroomytunes
06-19-2006, 05:04 PM
Deno will be up here before August, We cannot bring him up until a trade is made to free up a roster spot. Like all good trades we must be patient and see where we stand after the all-star break. Why throw in the towel too early, or better yet let someone else overpay for one of our veterans. In all reality we must have Aurilia, Hatteberg, Weathers, Valentin and Larue tear it up the next month to drive their value even higher, to get maximum value, cause lets face it they are not part of our future.

Reds1
06-19-2006, 05:48 PM
I agree. Deno should have some trade value and he's not needed on the big club. Or trade Kearns and put Dino in the OF. Or for that matter trade Dunn or Griffey. :)