PDA

View Full Version : PTBNL for Cody Ross

schroomytunes
06-19-2006, 03:04 PM
Anybody have any info on this? I haven't seen or heard anything regarding this, or is there any speculation on who it will be?

Chip R
06-19-2006, 03:37 PM
I thought we sent them cash instead. Although there have been so many of these type of trades recently I have lost track. :dunno:

traderumor
06-19-2006, 03:41 PM
I think we are still due a player from the Marlins. We sent Ben Kozlowski to the Dodgers as the PTBNL for obtaining him, so hopefully who we receive is better than that.

smith288
06-19-2006, 04:10 PM
We should send the Marlins this

http://www.rkdm.com/trainingaids/helmet.jpg

redsupport
06-19-2006, 04:11 PM
maybe we will reacquire scott pose

Guacarock
06-19-2006, 04:43 PM
maybe we will reacquire scott pose

If we're going to recquire anyone from the Marlins as the PTBNL for Cody Ross, let it be Buddy Carlyle.

He's 3-1, with a 1.93 ERA and 0.86 WHIP in 28IP over the course of 13 games with the Marlins' AAA affiliate in Albuquerque. He's started a couple of games, but mostly seeing action in relief, collecting five holds.

We could use him immediately on the Reds to shore up our bullpen.

Doc. Scott
06-19-2006, 07:29 PM
If we're going to recquire anyone from the Marlins as the PTBNL for Cody Ross, let it be Buddy Carlyle.

He's 3-1, with a 1.93 ERA and 0.86 WHIP in 28IP over the course of 13 games with the Marlins' AAA affiliate in Albuquerque. He's started a couple of games, but mostly seeing action in relief, collecting five holds.

We could use him immediately on the Reds to shore up our bullpen.

Marc Kroon actually has turned into a not-terrible pitcher as well. Not that he's stuck in the majors either.

CTA513
06-20-2006, 04:58 PM
I was checking out the Reds offical message board and someone posted about Josh Willingham being on the Lookouts roster.

I just checked and he is listed on the Lookouts roster, but hes also listed on the Marlins 40 man roster.

Red Leader
06-20-2006, 05:00 PM
I was checking out the Reds offical message board and someone posted about Josh Willingham being on the Lookouts roster.

I just checked and he is listed on the Lookouts roster, but hes also listed on the Marlins 40 man roster.

No way we got Josh Willingham for Cody Ross.

Joseph
06-20-2006, 05:01 PM

The same one though? not that there are a ton of Josh Willinghams around, but still its not completely impossible to have 2 of them.

CTA513
06-20-2006, 05:03 PM
The same one though? not that there are a ton of Josh Willinghams around, but still its not completely impossible to have 2 of them.

Im guessing its the same person, both profiles have them listed as 6 foot 1, 200 pounds and born on 02/17/1979.

NJReds
06-20-2006, 05:05 PM

Odd. It seems to be the same guy. At least they have the same birthdate (2-17-79). It's got to be a mistake.

Red Leader
06-20-2006, 05:08 PM
If that's who it is 1) Krivsky's more of a genius than I thought, and I already had a pretty high opinion of him, and 2) you can say goodbye to Dunn, Griffey, Kearns, Freel, or Denorfia, most likely one of the first 3 as Willingham would probably start.

What am I saying? He'd be the perfect 4th catcher.;)

OnBaseMachine
06-20-2006, 05:09 PM
No way in hell the Reds got Josh Willingham for Cody Ross. They would have to make a statue of Krivsky in front of the GAB if he were to pull of a deal like that.

Petitt33
06-20-2006, 05:09 PM
Wow, how great would that be if this is indeed true!

rdiersin
06-20-2006, 05:11 PM
I looked on the Marlins website it says he's on the 15 day DL. I wonder if he's just doing a rehab start and they made a mistake of Chattanooga instead of Carolina.

pedro
06-20-2006, 05:14 PM
Is Willingham really that great? I looked at his minor league stats and they are good but he is a 27 year old LF.

Red Leader
06-20-2006, 05:16 PM
Also, there's no way the Reds would assign him to AA Chattanooga and not AAA. He has done all he needs to do in the minors. It's time for him to sink or swim in MLB.

I think rdiersin is correct that they put him on the Chattanooga roster instead of Carolina.

KronoRed
06-20-2006, 05:16 PM
He's better then Q at least ;)

But who isn't..and I bet this is a mistake

CTA513
06-20-2006, 05:17 PM
I looked on the Marlins website it says he's on the 15 day DL. I wonder if he's just doing a rehab start and they made a mistake of Chattanooga instead of Carolina.

It sounds like that may be what happened.

This article says hes rehabing tonight with Carolina and playing against Chattanooga.
http://wwaytv3.com/Global/story.asp?S=5055799&nav=menu70_4

BuckeyeRedleg
06-20-2006, 05:17 PM
Marlins' Willingham to rehab with Mudcats

ZEBULON, N.C. The Florida Marlins say former Carolina Mudcat Josh Willingham will begin a two-day major league rehab assignment with his old team beginning Tuesday night in Chattanooga.

Willingham was placed on the disabled list by the Marlins on June seventh with a sprained left hand. He took batting practice with the Marlins on Sunday in Miami and will start in left field tonight and Wednesday afternoon for Carolina against the first-half champion Lookouts before being reevaluated.

Willingham is eligible to be activated later this week. The Marlins open a series tonight at Baltimore.

Priot to getting hurt, Willingham was hitting .267 with nine home runs and 34 R-B-I this year for the Marlins, including homering in each of his final two games against San Francisco. In Willingham's Carolina career, he averaged .284 with 29 home runs, 90 R-B-I and six steals over his 134 games, 81 as the starting catcher.

http://www.wwaytv3.com/Global/story.asp?S=5055799&nav=menu70_4

Phhhl
06-20-2006, 05:21 PM
Willingham is on a rehab with the Carolina Mudcats today and tomorrow, and should be activated from the dl Thursday. Whoever maintains minorleaguebaseball.com must have made a mistake. That would be a good deal for the Reds. Willingham does have a little age on him, but he is a very patient hitter with good power. Jr. Dunn and Willingham and Encarnacion in the middle of the Reds order could do tons of damage.

jimbo
06-20-2006, 05:22 PM
Willingham started the season sharing the catcher's role but the Marlins thought so much of his bat that they put him in the outfield so he could play everday.

reds44
06-20-2006, 05:23 PM
We're not getting Willingham. It was a mis-print.

flyer85
06-20-2006, 05:25 PM
We're not getting Willingham. I'm :shocked:

KronoRed
06-20-2006, 05:31 PM
Does he have a twin brother? :D

Team Clark
06-21-2006, 12:05 AM
No way in hell the Reds got Josh Willingham for Cody Ross. They would have to make a statue of Krivsky in front of the GAB if he were to pull of a deal like that.

I was just thinking that. If that is the case I will sit outside his office this off-season until he hires me. I have to see what he eats, drinks, etc... Got to get me some of that.

You can't trade for a guy while he's disabled anyway. Makes you wonder how O'Brien got snookered on that rule with the Pirates. Williams was broken when he arrived and the Reds are still waiting for their rebate.

CTA513
06-21-2006, 12:12 AM
It must have been a mistake because MILB.com now shows Willingham with Carolina.

cincyinco
06-21-2006, 05:36 AM
Okay, mistake it might of been. I pose this question:

Who are we going to get from the Marlins as the PTBNL for sending them Cody Ross? 05 draftees should now be elgible since the 06 draft is done, correct? Hopeing we can get one of the Fish's better prospects at a lower level - maybe an Aaron Thomopson type, but I could be dreaming. Sean West? I have no idea what Krivs would target or the value of Cody Ross.

savafan
06-21-2006, 04:51 PM
You can't trade for a guy while he's disabled anyway. Makes you wonder how O'Brien got snookered on that rule with the Pirates. Williams was broken when he arrived and the Reds are still waiting for their rebate.

For as much time as it took DanO to do anything, he never really did his homework. I think about 90% of the pitchers he acquired or re-signed were injured.