PDA

View Full Version : I Think Bronson Showed Us the Way Tonight

TheBigLebowski
06-19-2006, 11:51 PM
It's so simple.....can't believe we never thought of it.

The answer to our bullpen problem: DON'T USE IT.

Have our starters pitch complete games each and every time out, and our bullpen woes are solved.

The season is saved.

Thank you, Bronson...from the bottom of my heart, thank you.

traderumor
06-20-2006, 12:29 AM
With Peter Frampton being a Reds fan, I had his hit "Show Me the Way" going through my head with your thread title.

TheBigLebowski
06-20-2006, 12:51 AM
Frampton is a Reds' fan?

traderumor
06-20-2006, 01:10 AM
Yes. He has a song on the Reds CD and is apparently from Indian Hills.

KronoRed
06-20-2006, 01:24 AM
Try and get all CP games and we're gonna be out of starters by August ;)

TeamBoone
06-20-2006, 01:28 AM
Try and get all CP games and we're gonna be out of starters by August ;)

Not if they pitch efficiently, Krono.... very very efficiently! :)

Jpup
06-20-2006, 07:41 AM
I was afraid that Arroyo was done in the 8th. I would have probably brought in Coffey to finish it out, but Bronson was smart after the Beltran home run in the 9th to start using his fast ball. He was hanging his breaking stuff so he went to the heat. He was hitting 90 all night according to the SNY radar gun. Arroyo is a very smart pitcher.

I also have to give props to David Ross for urging on Arroyo in the 2nd inning. Arroyo didn't seem focused and had given up a couple hits, Ross stood up after Arroyo missed his spot on a pitch, to "El Duque" and told him to "C'mon".

I know I have been a LaRue supporter to this point, but David Ross is pretty good at what he does. You can tell that he and Arroyo have a good relationship. I would trade Valentin and go with Ross and LaRue. Let LaRue catch Harang and Ross catch Arroyo, divide it up after that if Ross' bat cools.

Excellent game tonight, although I was a bit nervous in the 9th. I'm glad Cliff Floyd was not available.

RedLegSuperStar
06-20-2006, 07:58 AM
Think Arroyo could pitch be the NL Starting Pitcher?

Jpup
06-20-2006, 08:24 AM

Brandon Webb is the front runner right now. Arroyo would probably be next in line. Tom Glavine is 10-2, but his ERA is half a run higher, which might not matter. Dont forget that Clemens will be back and he likely will be on the team whether he pitches or not. Brad Penny has also been very good.

zombie-a-go-go
06-20-2006, 08:46 AM

He pitches for the Reds, so... no. Not unless his ERA were a full run lower than "the names" out there.

RedFanAlways1966
06-20-2006, 08:59 AM
Last night was only the 4th game this month (17 games played) in which the bullpen has not allowed at least 1 earned run.... and of course we know how that happened (complete game).

Bullpen, games w/out allowing an earned run
Apr.: 10 games (25 played)... 40.0% of the time.
May: 12 games (27 played)... 44.4% of the time.
June: 4 games (17 played)... 23.5% of the time.

redsmetz
06-20-2006, 09:24 AM

He's from England, but now lives in Indian Hill. His wife was from Cincinnati and they moved here to raise their family. Quite an asset to the Cincinnati area has he's become more active in the music community here.

westofyou
06-20-2006, 10:52 AM
He's from England, but now lives in Indian Hill. His wife was from Cincinnati and they moved here to raise their family. Quite an asset to the Cincinnati area has he's become more active in the music community here.
My friend met him at a event and all these folks were telling him that they remembered him from his "Rock Star" show me the way days.. my friend (wifes friend) told him she loved him in Sgt Peppers.... he rolled his eyes.

Brian Wilson from the Beach Boys lives in Indy... think he's a Colts fan?

Tony Cloninger
06-20-2006, 11:17 AM
I was going to say....I know Frampton is from England.....so if you meant Reds....maybe you meant the Manchester Soccer team Red?

I did not know he lived in Cincy. He is friends with Bowie....maybe they can both visit the clubhouse and chat up the players.

paulrichjr
06-20-2006, 11:42 AM
He pitches for the Reds, so... no. Not unless his ERA were a full run lower than "the names" out there.

Jack "never pitched good after" Armstrong was the starting pitcher once.

westofyou
06-20-2006, 11:42 AM
Jack "never pitched good after" Armstrong was the starting pitcher once.
Atlee "Whiplash" Hammaker too.

RedFanAlways1966
06-20-2006, 11:44 AM
Atlee "Whiplash" Hammaker too.

Didn't he allow the 1st (and maybe the only?) Grand Slam in an All-Star Game?

KittyDuran
06-20-2006, 11:49 AM
Yes. He has a song on the Reds CD and is apparently from Indian Hills.IIRC, he's actually a Yankees fan...[but also likes the Reds].

Big Klu
06-20-2006, 12:55 PM
I was going to say....I know Frampton is from England.....so if you meant Reds....maybe you meant the Manchester Soccer team Red?

Actually, Liverpool is nicknamed "the Reds", not Manchester United.

TeamBoone
06-20-2006, 01:11 PM
Dont forget that Clemens will be back and he likely will be on the team whether he pitches or not.

Which is soooooooooooo unfair, considering he hasn't been a player in the game at all this season. It's not like he was on the DL. He chose not to play and IMHO shouldn't be "rewarded" with selection to the ASG.

Blimpie
06-20-2006, 02:05 PM
Didn't he allow the 1st (and maybe the only?) Grand Slam in an All-Star Game?Yep. Fred Lynn IIRC......

Matt700wlw
06-20-2006, 03:35 PM

He's from Europe. He just lives in Indian Hill :D

TheBigLebowski
06-21-2006, 12:32 AM
I think this topic is even more relevant tonight after Stormy Weathers' performance.

Narron - don't use the bullpen. Ever. And certainly don't bring Coffey, one of the most overworked relievers in the game, into a game in which we trail by 72 runs.

I am beginning to develop a strong distaste for Jerry Narron.

KronoRed
06-21-2006, 01:02 AM
I dunno, I'd think the Lizard would have given up those runs as well, we seem to have a lot of 6 inning guys on staff.

TeamBoone
06-21-2006, 02:24 AM
I wasn't happy when he went to the BP either. I knew he'd do it there were runners on.

I knew the Reds were down, but not going to the BP was more important, IMHO. And when Aurilia hit into the DP, I couldn't believe it.... Elizardo might have done better than that. Of course, hindsight is 20/20, except for the BP part... that was predictable.