PDA

View Full Version : Wife Accuses Michael Strahan of "Alternative Lifestyle"

savafan
06-21-2006, 03:04 PM
http://www.outsports.com/nfl/2006/0621strahan.htm

By Cyd Zeigler jr.

The wife of New York Giants defensive end Michael Strahan coyly accused her husband of having an extramarital affair with another man, TV doctor Ian Smith, in their divorce proceedings on Tuesday, the New York Daily News is reporting.

"Michael moved into Ian's one-bedroom apartment," Jean Strahan said, according to the Daily News. "And you can say an alternative lifestyle sprouted." Her lawyer then stopped her before she could elaborate, the Daily News reports.

Both Robert Penza, Michael Strahan's attorney, and Smith denied a sexual relationship between Smith and Strahan.

After her client made the claim, Ellen Marshall, Jean Strahan's lawyer, seemingly tried to back away from the suggestion of a homosexual relationship between the two men.

"I don't think she's making a definitive allegation," Marshall, said, according to the Daily News. "Couples have private squabbles. This is one of them."

The divorce proceedings have been splashed across the front pages of the New York tabloids and has blown into a public spectacle. Both sides have accused the other of going on reckless shopping sprees; and on Monday, Jean Strahan was reported to have broken down during some of her husband's testimony.

Smith is best-known as a regular contributor on ABC's "The View" and VH1's "Celebrity Fit Club." He also writes a medical column for Men's Health.

On Tuesday, Smith seemed to claim that, because he is a "happily married man," it was impossible for him to have been in a sexual relationship with Strahan. However, not only are the cases of married men having sex with one another well-documented, but it has become so common among black men that it even has a name - "the down low."

Books like J.L. King's On the Down Low: A Journey into the Lives of "Straight" Black Men Who and Keith Boykin's Beyond the Down Low have debunked the notion that sex between two married black men who consider themselves "straight" is impossible. The "down low" lifestyle is generally faulted for the rise in the HIV-contraction rate within the black community.

Strahan is a seven-time Pro Bowl selection and owns the NFL single-season sack record with 22.5.

ManITellUWhut
06-21-2006, 03:26 PM
I hope I don't offend anyone's politically correct sensibilities when I say YUCK and GROSS.:barf:

M2
06-21-2006, 03:44 PM
Smith and his twin brother went to high school near me and were known throughout the area as really great guys. Even in other high schools they had this rep for being exceptionally nice folks. I have no idea whether Smith is gay or not, but if he is and the affair rumors are true, Strahan's got himself quite a catch there.

Matt700wlw
06-21-2006, 03:51 PM
"Not that there's anything wrong with that."

NJReds
06-21-2006, 03:54 PM
"Not that there's anything wrong with that."

Unless you're Ozzie Guillen. :evil:

Reds Fanatic
06-21-2006, 03:57 PM
Smith was on Opie and Anthony's show this morning denying any truth to any of this story. The divorce proceedings have been going on over a year and according to Smith, Strahan's wife has used racial slurs and other tactics against Strahan. Smith's wife is an attorney. I would expect a lot of people are going to be sued over this story.

KronoRed
06-21-2006, 03:59 PM
Unless you're Ozzie Guillen. :evil:
But it means something different

SURE it does ;)

savafan
06-21-2006, 04:00 PM
But it means something different

SURE it does ;)

It does in England. ;)

CTA513
06-21-2006, 05:08 PM
:evil:

http://www.packersnews.com/photogallery/010602/images/STRAHAN1DJP.jpg

saboforthird
06-21-2006, 07:26 PM
Smith was on Opie and Anthony's show this morning denying any truth to any of this story. The divorce proceedings have been going on over a year and according to Smith, Strahan's wife has used racial slurs and other tactics against Strahan. Smith's wife is an attorney. I would expect a lot of people are going to be sued over this story.

Man, I need my eyes checked. I first saw that as "Opie and Andy's show". :laugh:

Hap
06-22-2006, 03:14 PM
Well, what do you expect when they "hang around" with naked men all the time?

NJReds
06-22-2006, 03:23 PM
In an unrelated story, I think, the Giants signed a running back today named Little John Flowers.

RedsBaron
06-22-2006, 08:37 PM
Strahan is a seven-time Pro Bowl selection and owns the NFL single-season sack record with 22.5.
If the allegation is true, does it count as another sack?

RFS62
06-22-2006, 09:48 PM

Illegal use of the hands.

Falls City Beer
06-22-2006, 09:50 PM
Illegal use of the hands.

Off sides.

StillFunkyB
06-22-2006, 09:50 PM

:barf:

RFS62
06-22-2006, 09:57 PM
Encroachment

RFS62
06-22-2006, 09:58 PM
Illegal Formation

RedFanAlways1966
06-22-2006, 10:30 PM
Well it has been said that Brett Farve once "laid down" for Michael Strahan (and the sack record). ;)

savafan
06-23-2006, 02:55 AM
I'm reserving judgement until I hear Ozzie Guillen's opinion about all of this. ;)

Heath
06-23-2006, 10:59 AM
So when he ignores the guy's advances, does he get flagged for "Defensive Pass Interference"?

:dunno: :D

Heath
06-23-2006, 11:00 AM
I'm reserving judgement until I hear Ozzie Guillen's opinion about all of this. ;)

Before or after sensitivity training.....

Which ought to be a hoot with Ozzie anyway.

gonelong
06-23-2006, 12:16 PM
... talk about lining up inside the 'neutral zone'.

Heath
06-23-2006, 02:47 PM
Ok, now Strahan's got snooping on his wife's sister on the list -

Found in SI's Truth & Rumors - per NY Daily News.

The Strahan vs. Strahan divorce case took another bizarre turn yesterday as the Giants sack king's estranged wife charged he once used a hidden camera to peep on her sister, according to court papers. Jean Strahan claimed that Michael Strahan used the camera, hidden in a clock radio, to capture her sister "in various stages of undress," when the Strahans were dating in 1997. -- New York Daily News

Heath
06-23-2006, 02:52 PM
Full Daily News Story -

Strahan's a peeping Mike: wife

BY AUSTIN FENNER and DAVE GOLDINER
DAILY NEWS STAFF WRITERS

The Strahan vs. Strahan divorce case took another bizarre turn yesterday as the Giants sack king's estranged wife charged he once used a hidden camera to peep on her sister, according to court papers.

Jean Strahan claimed that Michael Strahan used the camera, hidden in a clock radio, to capture her sister "in various stages of undress," when the Strahans were dating in 1997.

"[He used] a hidden camera in a clock radio that he gave her and virtually insisted that she keep in the bedroom where she slept," Jean Strahan, 41, said in a sworn affidavit.

The Peeping Mike accusation emerged as the soon-to-be-former couple continued to feud over their bad-blood breakup.

She is demanding he cough up about $14 million, but he insists she should only get about $7 million.

Jean Strahan dropped a bombshell by claiming Strahan pursued an "alternative lifestyle" with married TV doctor Ian Smith after the couple broke up.

But she later claimed she didn't mean to hint they were gay - just serial cheaters.

Buried amid hundreds of pages of mundane claims and counterclaims in their divorce case is the explosive allegation that Michael once tried to spy on Jean Strahan's sister when she came to visit.

Jean Strahan was trying to counter Michael Strahan's claim in an earlier affidavit that she had no reason to fear him because the police had never been called to break up a domestic dispute between them.

Not so, said the football star's estranged wife.

"They were in our home at least twice as a result of violent and lewd actions of [Michael Strahan]" before their marriage in 1999.

Jean Strahan had already publicly claimed that her future husband beat her before they wed, but never discussed the video-voyeur claim, which supposedly took place when they lived in East Stroudsburg, Pa.

Michael Strahan's lawyer, Robert Penza, did not return calls for comment on the latest twist in the bitter divorce case.

The couple has spent the past year trading legal salvos through their lawyers over everything from the air conditioning in their Montclair, N.J., mansion to Michael Strahan's habit of honking the horn when he drives.

She once tailed his car when he drove their twin girls to an ice show at the Meadowlands.

He groused that she was inviting too many of her girlfriends over for weekly parties, where they received facial treatments.

He complained that she risked damaging his large collection of fancy clothes by switching off the air conditioning when she went out of town during a steamy week last summer.

She demanded that he take his stuff out of the house because it was clogging up her closets. The divorce case is back in court Monday.

RedsBaron
06-23-2006, 03:11 PM
The Strahans seem like such a nice couple...............

CTA513
06-23-2006, 03:20 PM

Sounds like a new reality show.

:thumbup:

M2
06-23-2006, 03:41 PM

Nice to see them putting their differences aside for the kids.

savafan
06-23-2006, 05:00 PM
Okay lady, you hate the guy so much, shut up and take the $7 million.

Hell, I'd have an alternative lifestyle with Strahan for $7 million.

WebScorpion
06-23-2006, 06:28 PM
I guess NFL Quarterbacks are really going to have to watch their backs now. :laugh:

Buckeye33
06-23-2006, 06:41 PM
:evil:

http://www.packersnews.com/photogallery/010602/images/STRAHAN1DJP.jpg

Those two mens lips are WAY to close even in a celebration type setting.

UKFlounder
06-23-2006, 07:14 PM
I guess Strahan won't contemplate a switch to offense, where he could be the "tight end" will he? :eek:

Anyway, I guess this makes up for NY losing the Bensons to Baltimore

dman
06-24-2006, 01:25 AM
I guess Strahan won't contemplate a switch to offense, where he could be the "tight end" will he? :eek:

Anyway, I guess this makes up for NY losing the Bensons to Baltimore
Maybe even "Wide Receiver"

Dom Heffner
06-26-2006, 10:20 PM
So he's a gay man who peeps on women.