PDA

View Full Version : Mike Venafro?

nineworldseries
06-21-2006, 07:46 PM
What are everyone's thoughts on this guy? I remember watching him in his days with the A's and he seemed pretty solid (by that I mean better than any of the useless pieces of junk now cluttering our bullpen). He is a submariner lefty... could he maybe figure in the Reds pen any time this year?

Currently throwing in Louisville, 2.60 ERA in 30 games, 17.1 IP with 18 hits, 7 BB and 15 K's.

Am I missing something about this guy? He's only 33-- is he just done or could he maybe help in some way? Haven't heard any chatter at all about him.

KoryMac5
06-21-2006, 11:42 PM
I am very surprised that the Reds are keeping with the status quo. Not only have the doors fallen off the bullpen but the wheels, the hood, the trunk and everything else you can think of. I'm usually against wholesale changes but the Reds need to set fire to this bullpen and bring up some arms from AAA. Venafro, Salmon and whoever else can help this club compete.

wheels
06-22-2006, 12:05 AM
They probably think they've got too many lefties as it is, and Venafro hasn't shown well in the Big Leagues in quite some time.

RichRed
06-22-2006, 10:37 AM
I'm rooting for Venafro, if only because he's one of just a handful of players from my alma mater, James Madison University, to make it to the bigs. For that reason, it would be fun for me if the Reds picked him up. Until the first time he blows a lead, of course. ;)