PDA

View Full Version : Reds DL

Ltlabner
06-22-2006, 03:50 PM
Is it just me, or has the Reds DL become a black hole where players dissapear and never seem to return? I'll fully admit that this may only be my perception, however, it seems as though it has become routine for players to dissapear for weeks after we are told it's "a mild strain" or a "slight pull".

We all remember Jr's dissapearing act. Belsilie seems to have been abducted by aliens after his "slight back strain". EE's twisted ankle has sent him to never-never land. Rich A has now been kidnaped. Classen is in the first few days of his DL stint so it will be interesting to see what happens to him.

It's probably just perception, but it seems as though either (1) the Reds medical staff takes recovery in very small, very tiny baby-steps (2) they are quick to say "it's no big deal" right after an injury when it is, in fact, a big deal or (3) just don't do a good job of helping players recover.

When I combine the DL-black hole phenomanon with the somewhat recient trend of pitchers playing hurt for weeks (Classuen, Wilson, possibly Weathers) and nobody realizes what is going on, it makes me wonder what is going on with Reds medical staff.

Phhhl
06-22-2006, 04:39 PM
You're point is not lost on me. I hate to see guys go on the dl on this club because it always seems to be a much longer stay than you initially believed it would be. It's hard to imagine a sprained ankle taking Eddie E. down this long. Belisle, Jr. Kinda mysterious that Claussen goes on the dl when he is out of options and pitching like Charlie Brown. Somtimes, you wonder if they use the dl just to let "struggling" players gaet away from the game and get a breather. The only guy who went on it this year and seemed to have a normal recovery was Aurilia.

crazybob60
06-22-2006, 05:25 PM
The David Weathers injury or 'no-injury' in this instance is something that has me worried in cases such as this. I am afraid he might be gone longer than we think....just because of this black-hole type of thing. I hope this post made sense....

redsupport
06-22-2006, 05:32 PM
willie crawford was a great bonus baby with the dodgers

Hubba
06-22-2006, 06:55 PM
willie crawford was a great bonus baby with the dodgersHUH :confused: