PDA

View Full Version : Next 16 games are key

Kc61
06-22-2006, 06:46 PM
Reds face Cleveland, KC, Cleveland, Milwaukee, Atlanta. All losing teams. Cleveland, KC and Atlanta have poor records.

This is a 16 game stretch leading to the All Star Break. If Reds don't play over .500 ball in this period, it will tell us a lot.

The Reds have come through their toughest games against the Chisox and Mets. They were 2 and 5. Now is the time to turn it around and start winning again.

OldXOhio
06-22-2006, 07:30 PM
We sweep HOU and STL at their places and handily lose the following series at home to the Cubs. I try not to look at a stretch of games against teams with losing records as an opportunity to get healthy. Forget their records, they don't matter. IF we go .500 or so in these next 16 and get to the break 4-5 games over .500, I'll be ok.

pedro
06-22-2006, 07:34 PM
They're also important because the longer the Reds can stay in the race prior to the trading deadline, teh more likely that they'll be able to make a meaningful trade to get the the rest of the way.

reds44
06-22-2006, 07:54 PM
They're also important because the longer the Reds can stay in the race prior to the trading deadline, teh more likely that they'll be able to make a meaningful trade to get the the rest of the way.
Exactly. We need to just stay in the race until mid-July when teams start looking to dump players. If we are in it then, Wayne will make trades to get us some bullpen help, and IMO we will stay in the race the entire year.

schroomytunes
06-22-2006, 08:01 PM
I would be happy if we go 11-5 during this stretch, at least I hope we go 10-6 anything less would be a disapointment.

Reds1
06-23-2006, 12:34 AM
Is KC going to get hot now.

toledodan
06-23-2006, 12:59 AM

that series is starting to worry me a bit. i think the reds play better on the road because when they are home they swing for the fences way to much. IMO they give better plate apperances on the road. now KC will come in and the reds players may get a sense they can just show up and win. when they return to cincinnati they need to be more patient and everything will take care of itself.:thumbup:

KronoRed
06-23-2006, 01:53 AM
Of course.

Reds Nd2
06-23-2006, 04:17 PM
Of course.

KC has won 5 of their last 6 and have Milwaukee at home the next three games.

KronoRed
06-23-2006, 04:34 PM
That's how it goes..take out good teams, run into bad ones when they are hot :explode:

Reds1
06-24-2006, 01:12 AM
worries me the braves are so cold. That can't last forever. I think we might be just right in catching the Indians though.

Candy Cummings
06-24-2006, 05:45 AM
The season is full of lots of trends. You have to beat bad teams when you have them, so let's hope we get some wood on the ball for the next couple of weeks. I agree, even, that 8-8 isn't a disaster, but anything else really is.

GAC
06-24-2006, 06:56 AM
Exactly. We need to just stay in the race until mid-July when teams start looking to dump players. If we are in it then, Wayne will make trades to get us some bullpen help, and IMO we will stay in the race the entire year.

And one of those teams could very well be the Indians. ;)

I've heard "distant" talk of how Wickman may be available. But that 5 Mil salary is gonna discourage alot of teams.

While this obviously a stretch of teams that we SHOULD beat, our bullpen will keep most teams in the game. Seeing some of our starters get complete games is nice; but it also kinda scares me in another way. The reason we are leaving them in there is due more to not having a reliable BP rather then trying to get the pitcher a complete game out of it.

And I wonder what these guy's arms are gonna be like as the season wears on, and we don't find BP help. And is it gonna lead to some arm injuries down the road?

And when we're done with this stretch of teams, then guess who has them next? The Cards (with sir Albert back too) ;)