PDA

View Full Version : Slobberknocker Trade Proposal!

schroomytunes
06-22-2006, 05:59 PM
Here goes this should be interesting---

Reds trade- Adam Dunn, Felipe Lopez and Brandon Claussen

Tampa Bay trades-Scott Kazmir, Carl Crawford, and Julio Lugo

Thoughts?

CTA513
06-22-2006, 06:10 PM
The guys the Devil Rays have are cheap.
Dunn makes alot and Lopez is about to make alot.

M2
06-22-2006, 06:10 PM
My guess is Kazmir's untouchable.

If the Reds want to snag a pitcher, I figure there's four basic types they can get:

1) A major prospect arm from a team that wants immediate help.

2) A undervalued young pitcher (e.g. like Aaron Harang in Oakland).

3) A semi-established pitcher who might be ready to do better (e.g. like Bronson Arroyo).

4) A pitcher who's relatively expensive on a team looking to rebuild.

Caveat Emperor
06-22-2006, 06:27 PM
2) A undervalued young pitcher (e.g. like Aaron Harang in Oakland).

The benefit of a situation like this is that sometimes you can snag guys like these for proverbial pennies on the dollar.

As the deadline approaches and teams figure out whether it's a "go/no go" for the postseason, suddenly a Ryan Freel becomes worth a team giving up a young "6th starter" in the bullpen like an Aaron Heilman.

smith288
06-22-2006, 07:44 PM
Wont happen. They want their young pitching.

KronoRed
06-22-2006, 07:48 PM
Can't see any reason why the Rays would do this deal

reds44
06-22-2006, 07:53 PM
I'd do it.

Crawford
Freel-2B
Griffey
Kearns
Edwin
Hatteberg
Phillips-SS
Ross

Arroyo
Kazmir
Harang
Elizardo
Milton

Now if the Rays would do it is another story.

WVRed
06-22-2006, 08:20 PM
Can't see any reason why the Rays would do this deal

Agreed. Kazmir alone for Dunn is fair, but Carl Crawford is going to draw some serious interest. The DRays were trying to use him to snag Ervin Santana from the Halos earlier, but they balked.

I think if the DRays moved Lugo, they would do it with the notion that BJ Upton would have a starting job.

RedLegSuperStar
06-22-2006, 08:21 PM
Can't say the Rays do that.. They seem like they are trying to build a foundation around Kazmir now by going out and getting JP Howell to bolster there staff. They might deal Huff, Crawford, and Lugo at the deadline.. but Kazmir wont go anywhere. I would like to have Crawford and would deal some youth to get him. Move Dunn to 1st and have Junior, Kearns, and Crawford platooning the OF.

Wheelhouse
06-23-2006, 01:57 AM
MAYBE--ALL of those for only Kazmir...even then I'd balk.

Wheelhouse
06-23-2006, 01:59 AM
Ya know what? We have a good GM...he'll find what we need somewhere, but I don't think it will be in a slobberknocker...it will be less obvious.

reds44
06-23-2006, 02:35 AM
Ya know what? We have a good GM...he'll find what we need somewhere, but I don't think it will be in a slobberknocker...it will be less obvious.
Yep I agree. We need to stay in it until teams are looking to trade players, and Wayne will get something done.

Jpup
06-23-2006, 06:12 AM
not me.:thumbdown

Dunn and Lopez for Crawford and Kazmir? That is basically what you are saying, I think the Reds would be getting burned badly. Kazmir for FeLo, maybe, but no way I put Dunn in any kind for deal there. For Adam Dunn, you have to get a better IMO.

Krusty
06-23-2006, 09:45 AM
If you're Tampa Bay, would you trade Kazmir? The Devil Rays have several young outfielders in their system plus Adam Dunn's warts has clearly shown this year.

I will say I think you're idea has merit with the players involved. But what about this deal:

Reds trade Dunn, Lopez and Claussen to the Indians for LHP Cliff Lee, RHP Bob Wickman and shortstop Jhonny Peralta.

Tribe is looking for a shakeup. Lopez for Peralta is basically a swap of shortstops. Lopez might have better offensive numbers but Peralta might be better defensively, and will be cheaper this offseason than Lopez. Wickman gives the Reds a co-closer to team with Coffey. Downside is he is a free agent at the end of the season. Lee is an upgrade over Claussen for the rotation. Reds would replace Dunn with a combination of Denorfia and Freel in LF>

Jpup
06-23-2006, 03:07 PM
If you're Tampa Bay, would you trade Kazmir? The Devil Rays have several young outfielders in their system plus Adam Dunn's warts has clearly shown this year.

I will say I think you're idea has merit with the players involved. But what about this deal:

Reds trade Dunn, Lopez and Claussen to the Indians for LHP Cliff Lee, RHP Bob Wickman and shortstop Jhonny Peralta.

Tribe is looking for a shakeup. Lopez for Peralta is basically a swap of shortstops. Lopez might have better offensive numbers but Peralta might be better defensively, and will be cheaper this offseason than Lopez. Wickman gives the Reds a co-closer to team with Coffey. Downside is he is a free agent at the end of the season. Lee is an upgrade over Claussen for the rotation. Reds would replace Dunn with a combination of Denorfia and Freel in LF>

You don't think much of Adam Dunn do you?

redsfanmia
06-23-2006, 03:12 PM
You don't think much of Adam Dunn do you?

You think too much of Dunn IMO. There is no way Dunn at 9 million plus a year nets you a young stud pitcher like Kazmir, I repeat NO WAY!!!

reds44
06-23-2006, 03:13 PM

No way I would do that trade.

Cubs get:
Adam Dunn

Reds get:
Sean Marshall
Scott Eyre
Bob Howry

You get a good young arm, Eyre and Howry give you 2 bonifide relievers, and Mays can go back to the pen.

Split time between Freel and Deno in LF

When Freel plays:
Freel
Lopez
Griffey
Kearns
Edwin
Phillips
Hatteberg
Ross

When Deno plays:
Felipe
Phillips
Griffey
Kearns
Edwin
Hat
Deno (don't bat a young hitter 8th)
Ross

Staff:
Arroyo
Harang
Elizardo
Milton
Marshall

Mop up:
Mays/Mercker/Standridge (pick 2)

Middle relief
Weathers
Belisle

Set up:
Howry
Erye

Closer:
Coffey

Although I am not even sure if that is getting enough for Dunn.

M2
06-23-2006, 03:13 PM
You think too much of Dunn IMO. There is no way Dunn at 9 million plus a year nets you a young stud pitcher like Kazmir, I repeat NO WAY!!!

Fine, then keep him.

redsfanmia
06-23-2006, 03:18 PM
Fine, then keep him.
I am sure they will, they stole him from the Mets anyway. I thin that Kazmir is about as "untouchable" as they come.

M2
06-23-2006, 03:19 PM
I am sure they will, they stole him from the Mets anyway. I thin that Kazmir is about as "untouchable" as they come.

I was talking about Dunn.

redsfanmia
06-23-2006, 03:22 PM
I was talking about Dunn.

Dunn is a good player but far from untouchable imo.

M2
06-23-2006, 03:30 PM
Dunn is a good player but far from untouchable imo.

I don't think he should be untouchable either, but there'd better be a pitcher you love coming back if you deal him.

KronoRed
06-23-2006, 03:32 PM
If we can't get real talent for him then I hope he's untouchable.

KronoRed
06-23-2006, 03:33 PM

Indians won't want Claussen.

Red Leader
06-23-2006, 03:42 PM
I don't think he should be untouchable either, but there'd better be a pitcher you love coming back if you deal him.

I wish the Rockies had a need for Dunn and the payroll to take him on.

I'd love to see a deal of Dunn for 1B Ryan Shealy, RHP Ubaldo Jimenez, and C Chris Iannetta. That would be the kind of deal I'd move Adam Dunn for. Could you imagine Adam Dunn hitting in Colorado and giving protection to Matt Holliday? Yikes.

pedro
06-23-2006, 03:43 PM
I wish the Rockies had a need for Dunn and the payroll to take him on.

I'd love to see a deal of Dunn for 1B Ryan Shealy, RHP Ubaldo Jimenez, and C Chris Iannetta. That would be the kind of deal I'd move Adam Dunn for. Could you imagine Adam Dunn hitting in Colorado and giving protection to Matt Holliday? Yikes.

He might break the HR record there.