PDA

View Full Version : How Many Reds Make All Star Team?

NastyBoy
06-23-2006, 11:14 PM
With Jerry Narron being named one of the coaches, I was wondering if this may influence some of the selections. The only "Lock" is Bronson Arroyo. Todd Coffey deserves some serious consideration. What about the Reds position players?

reds44
06-23-2006, 11:15 PM
Who is Jimmy Narron?

NastyBoy
06-23-2006, 11:19 PM
Who is Jimmy Narron?

I fixed it... I was thinking of coaches Jim Tracey and Jerry Narron...

Shaknb8k
06-24-2006, 12:15 AM
I voted for 3 players. I have hope Griffey will get voted in and Phillips and Arroyo will be chosen.

reds44
06-24-2006, 12:16 AM
2 unless Griffey gets voted in

Arroyo
BP

terminator
06-24-2006, 12:17 AM
I think that only Arroyo will make it. Some others are having good seasons, but they are not first or second best in the league seasons IMHO.

Razor Shines
06-24-2006, 12:44 AM
I think that only Arroyo will make it. Some others are having good seasons, but they are not first or second best in the league seasons IMHO.
Well BP and Dan Uggla are going to battle for that 2nd spot, because obviously Chase Utley is a lock. So we'll have to wait and see what happens over the next two weeks.

redsfanmia
06-24-2006, 01:06 PM
How about Dunn? He does walk alot.

BigRed
06-24-2006, 04:02 PM
I would love to see Brandon Phillips make it and believe that he very much deserves it. However, I am afraid that Arroyo will be the only one unless Junior gets voted in. I think that Garner will take Biggio as the backup 2B. Uggla would have an advantage, too if he is the only pick from the fish. With the rotation switch and him pitching Sunday, I would not be surprised if Arroyo doesn't pitch. Otherwise, he may have been the starter.

NastyBoy
06-25-2006, 12:46 PM
How about Dunn? He does walk alot.

Apparently not enough voters are enamored with the walks or homeruns. If his average and rbi's were a little more impressive... maybe he would compare better to soriano.

NastyBoy
06-29-2006, 09:17 PM
All Star Voting coming to a close... BUMP! I wish I could have made the poll end at midnight tonight.

Mario-Rijo
06-29-2006, 09:23 PM
I would love to see Brandon Phillips make it and believe that he very much deserves it. However, I am afraid that Arroyo will be the only one unless Junior gets voted in. I think that Garner will take Biggio as the backup 2B. Uggla would have an advantage, too if he is the only pick from the fish. With the rotation switch and him pitching Sunday, I would not be surprised if Arroyo doesn't pitch. Otherwise, he may have been the starter.

Good point on Biggio, I was going to mention it as well. Uggla could make it but Miguel Cabrera has been outstanding @ 3B so he may back-up David Wright if Rolen doesn't get it. Miggy can also play COF so he might get the nod to give the staff some versatility. Or Dontrelle Willis will snatch it up!

lucky bugle boy
06-29-2006, 10:28 PM
I chose one, as much as I'd like to see more. Arroyo for sure. Ross should make it but probably won't. I don't think many people outside of Redsdom recognize what he's doing. Phillips, maybe deserving but probably won't make it for same reason as Ross. Griffey if he's voted in; we'll see. Harang certainly deserves consideration, but probably won't be chosen because he somehow does what he does without anyone noticing.