PDA

View Full Version : KC trade targets?

bleedsred
06-27-2006, 08:12 AM
With KC coming to town do you think that WK has any "targets" that he would like to land? I would think that EDessens could be had for a low price(maybe an AA or A arm with cash?) and could upgrade the BP right away. I would really like to see the Reds obtain Jimmy Gobble..LHP..13 BB- 34 K..1.19 WHIP..3.79 ERA. In his last 6 appearances Gobble has pitched 7.1 IP while allowing 2 H and 2 BB with 3 K..no runs. What price would WK have to pay to land Gobble?

Krusty
06-27-2006, 09:48 AM
If RHP Mike McDougal comes off the DL and is throwing effectively, he would be someone to inquire about along with Dessens.

Royals Fan
06-27-2006, 10:08 AM
One guy that is under the radar and so far has found place in the staff is Jiimmy Gobble, he has an era under 4 and left hander and under the age 25.

Redman is coming aorund so iScott E and Bradnon Duckwoth despite there wins and loss records

Krusty
06-27-2006, 10:21 AM
One guy that is under the radar and so far has found place in the staff is Jiimmy Gobble, he has an era under 4 and left hander and under the age 25.

Redman is coming aorund so iScott E and Bradnon Duckwoth despite there wins and loss records

Isn't Gobble a soft-tosser? If he is then we'll pass because we have that in the bullpen with Hammond. As for Redman, I don't know if he is much of an upgrade over Claussen and Ramirez. Elarton might be worth looking at.

Johnny Footstool
06-27-2006, 10:32 AM
He's a soft-tosser with 34 Ks in 40 Innings. That's a better ratio than anyone in the Reds' bullpen. Unfortunately, I think the asking price would be extremely high.

Elarton is a soft-tossing, extreme fly ball pitcher. Avoid him at all costs.

Royals Fan
06-27-2006, 10:52 AM
NcDougal got lit up on Saturday night against Iowa- so he might be few apprences away form being activatied from the DL.I like Burgoies and Sisco due to there age and seen them in action.

Redsnake
06-27-2006, 10:52 AM
Shoot! While we're asking, let's see if we can get Sweeney for half a year to play 1st. I like Hatteberg, but if you can get an All-Star hitter in Sweeney??...man look out!!!!

Of course only if he is healthy. :)

Newman4
06-27-2006, 11:25 AM
Looking at their roster, Deno and possibly Rey Olmedo would fit in somewhere. Personally, I would like to get some info on whether or not Greinke has got his head on straight. I would think his name would have to be on the list if you're looking for talent from KC, whether he's nuts or not.

crazybob60
06-27-2006, 01:34 PM
Looking at their roster, Deno and possibly Rey Olmedo would fit in somewhere. Personally, I would like to get some info on whether or not Greinke has got his head on straight. I would think his name would have to be on the list if you're looking for talent from KC, whether he's nuts or not.

that is exactly what I was thinking. If he does have his head on straight, he might be a perfect fit, yet I doubt the Royals would deal him at all even with what happened. I like Jimmy Gobble as well. And Sweeney, well if he could stay healthy, then I wouldn't mind having him for half a season, but getting hurt every 2 weeks hurts badly...and having no DH hurts Sweeney as well.

bleedsred
06-27-2006, 01:56 PM
Lopez and Wagner for Grienke, Dessens, and Gobble? Would you pull the trigger on this deal? Or could this deal get done with Olmedo instead of Lopez?

Team Clark
06-27-2006, 01:56 PM
If Dino were traded for Greinke then Castellini would have every right to fire Krivsky before the fax was sent to the league office.

Redus
06-27-2006, 02:52 PM
Youd never get two full weeks out of Sweeney he oughta retire. The guy just can not stay on the field. As for Greinke I dont think they'd mess with him by trading him...they invested alot of time with him. I agree that Macdougal would be the one to watch and right now hes not ready...maybe later. Sisco or Dessens could be had and may be worth it. Sisco has sucked this year after being tough last year.

Newman4
06-27-2006, 08:09 PM
If Dino were traded for Greinke then Castellini would have every right to fire Krivsky before the fax was sent to the league office.

TC, may I ask why?

Newman4
06-27-2006, 08:13 PM
Lopez and Wagner for Grienke, Dessens, and Gobble? Would you pull the trigger on this deal? Or could this deal get done with Olmedo instead of Lopez?

Yes, I would.

Rojo
06-27-2006, 11:06 PM
Affeldt could probably had for a song. His stats are atrocious, but he had some success early.

bottom_feeder
06-27-2006, 11:15 PM
Shoot! While we're asking, let's see if we can get Sweeney for half a year to play 1st. I like Hatteberg, but if you can get an All-Star hitter in Sweeney??...man look out!!!!

Of course only if he is healthy. :)

That would be sweet to get Sweeney :)

flyer85
06-28-2006, 01:11 AM
Affeldt could probably had for a song. His stats are atrocious, but he had some success early.and he does have some nasty stuff if he could ever harness it.

Newman4
06-28-2006, 08:48 AM
That would be sweet to get Sweeney :)

No it wouldn't....

Mike Sweeney 1b/DH
5 years/$55M (2003-07)

2003-07: $11M/year
salaries increase to $12.5M/year with trade or contraction :eek:
full no-trade clause 02-03
limited no-trade clause after 2003 - may veto a trade to all but 8 clubs:
LA Angels, LA Dodgers, San Diego, Oakland, San Francisco, Seattle, Arizona & Chicago Cubs
$50,000 All Star incentive
final 3 years (05-07) vest only if KC finished .500 or better in 03 or 04 (vested '03)
signed extension 3/02
2 years/$13M (2001-02)
01:$5M, 02:$8M, plus incentives
limited no-trade clause
1 year/$2.25M (2000)
1 year/$0.265M (1999)
agents: Levinson brothers, ACES
ML service: 9.069

Spitball
06-29-2006, 07:33 PM
Mark Redman has had an interesting month. He has gone 5-0 with GB/FB ratio of 49/40 and a 3.74 ERA. His BB/K ratio is an odd 14/8, though.

He makes $4.5 mil so maybe he would be a salary dump for low level prospects. With that BB/K ratio, I certainly wouldn't give too much for him.

REDSEER
06-29-2006, 10:20 PM
Wellemeyer in the bullpen has looked very good tonight......send them a couple minor leaguers and bring him here......

schroomytunes
06-29-2006, 11:19 PM
If I'm Krivsky I've seen enough of this bullpen. I know he is looking for some pieces, so if I may I want to construct the bullpen. I know we cant replace all of it till the offseason so I try to fix it w/o giving up too much, here goes:

Keepers: Coffey,Belisle,Yan

DFA bound:Hammond

Bubbles:Weathers,Mercker,Standridge

After the Royal series I do like a couple of their pen guys (Dessens, Gobble, Wellemeyer) the Royals are out of it by far, so Dessens can be had easily, but I think Gobble will cost us a little, but he's 24 so we can keep him awhile, and Wellemeyer is streaky. So here goes--

Reds trade- Chris Denorfia
Phil Dumatrait
Ryan Wagner
Rey Olmedo

Royals trade- Elmer Dessens and Jimmy Gobble
Ideas?

Spitball
06-30-2006, 03:47 PM
After the Royal series I do like a couple of their pen guys (Dessens, Gobble, Wellemeyer) the Royals are out of it by far, so Dessens can be had easily, but I think Gobble will cost us a little, but he's 24 so we can keep him awhile, and Wellemeyer is streaky. So here goes--

Reds trade- Chris Denorfia
Phil Dumatrait
Ryan Wagner
Rey Olmedo

Royals trade- Elmer Dessens and Jimmy Gobble
Ideas?

I think that is too much to give up for Dessens and Gobble. I'd take Denorfia out of the package for sure.