PDA

View Full Version : Chips starting to fall - Dodgers/Tampa Bay Trade official - SI.com

Heath
06-27-2006, 05:02 PM
LOS ANGELES (AP) -- The Tampa Bay Devil Rays traded pitcher Mark Hendrickson and catcher Toby Hall to the Los Angeles Dodgers on Tuesday for pitcher Jae Seo, minor league catcher Dioner Navarro and a player to be named.

The Dodgers began the day leading the NL West.

Hendrickson was 4-8 with a 3.81 ERA in 13 starts. The 32-year-old lefty held opponents to a .241 batting average.

Hall hit .231 with eight home runs and 23 RBIs for the last-place Devil Rays. He has thrown out 35 percent of would-be basestealers in his career.

"Mark will add some depth to our starting rotation as we head into the second half of the season," Dodgers general manager Ned Colletti. "Toby is an experienced catcher who will serve us well both behind the plate and off the bench."

Seo, traded from the New York Mets to the Dodgers in the offseason, was 2-4 with a 5.78 ERA. The righty is 24-26 with a 4.13 ERA lifetime.

Navarro hit .280 with two homers and eight RBIs for the Dodgers before injuring his right wrist on May 5. He was sent to Triple-A after being activated from the disabled list.

hmmm.....

KronoRed
06-27-2006, 05:05 PM
Market open?

TC81190
06-27-2006, 05:06 PM
Dumb trade for the Dodgers. They get Hendrickson who is likely to fall apart very soon, and Hall, who is pure crap.

They had a better catcher in Navarro, and Seo is more likely to find success than Hendrickson is to sustain it, IMO.

Puffy
06-27-2006, 05:07 PM
Dumb trade for the Dodgers. They get Hendrickson who is likely to fall apart very soon, and Hall, who is pure crap.

They had a better catcher in Navarro, and Seo is more likely to find success than Hendrickson is to sustain it, IMO.

Could not disagree more - I think Hendrickson is a great acquistion for the Dodgers. Especially getting to pitch half his starts in Dodger Stadium.

Caveat Emperor
06-27-2006, 05:18 PM

I'd love this trade if I were an L.A. fan -- Navarro had been rendered a complete spare part by the emergence and stellar play of Russel Martin and Hendrickson will love playing out in the NL west, where he gets to throw in a pitchers park and with an offense that'll give adequate run support.

Matt700wlw
06-27-2006, 05:19 PM
The pot is stirred....

Ok Reds, get involved!

NJReds
06-27-2006, 05:24 PM
The Mets absolutely robbed the Dodgers in getting Duaner Sanchez for Jay Seo.

LincolnparkRed
06-27-2006, 05:30 PM
How old is Seo again? I guess that Tampa is trying to get a bit younger but at what point will they start keeping some of their veterans?

NJReds
06-27-2006, 05:38 PM
Seo is 29.

flyer85
06-27-2006, 05:42 PM
this was a flotsam for jetsam deal.

Heath
06-27-2006, 05:44 PM
I don't know how the Rays can get any younger - They can get cheaper. The other big veteran that needs to move is Aubrey Huff who has no range and arm, and still plays 3rd base. He made a nice play yesterday, but his throw was slow.

I think this was a good trade for both teams. But, if Hendrickson/Hall could net a catcher of the future and a living breathing left-hander, I would be interested in what a LaRue/Claussen deal would bring.

KronoRed
06-27-2006, 05:46 PM
The Rays goal..25 guys making the minimum ;)

Phhhl
06-27-2006, 06:02 PM
Does this mean Billingsly is going back to AAA? That kid doesn't look ready yet.

Red Leader
06-27-2006, 06:14 PM
Does this mean Billingsly is going back to AAA? That kid doesn't look ready yet.

Most likely.

I have said that a LaRue / Gosling trade to Colorado would make sense with the Rockies hanging around and having a fighting chance at the NL West.
The Rockies catchers have been awful this year.

I'd like to get Ryan Shealy and Ubaldo Jimenez in return, but I doubt that's likely to happen in a trade for those two. Maybe if Claussen comes back healthy a trade of LaRue and Claussen could net that package...

REDREAD
06-27-2006, 06:18 PM
The Rays goal..25 guys making the minimum ;)

the John Allen gospel is spreading :laugh:

Marc D
06-27-2006, 06:58 PM
Anyone think the Pirates would give Denofria a home in return for Matt Capps?

Bautista and Mclouth are pretty bad and Capps is a young strike out pitcher we could sure use in the pen. Its not like the Pirates are going anywhere and like I said, it would give Deno a place to play.

Spitball
06-27-2006, 08:15 PM
Most likely.

I have said that a LaRue / Gosling trade to Colorado would make sense with the Rockies hanging around and having a fighting chance at the NL West.
The Rockies catchers have been awful this year.

I'd like to get Ryan Shealy and Ubaldo Jimenez in return, but I doubt that's likely to happen in a trade for those two. Maybe if Claussen comes back healthy a trade of LaRue and Claussen could net that package...

From The Rocky Mountain News

TRADE TALKS

Boston, Baltimore and Toronto have shown interest in first baseman Ryan Shealy, currently with Triple-A Colorado Springs and blocked from the big leagues by Todd Helton. The Rockies, though, are looking for what they feel is similar value.

They want a young pitcher who can step into the rotation. So far, teams that have inquired about Shealy have not been willing to make that type of deal. Baltimore would like the Rockies to take catcher Javier Lopez, but Lopez is a veteran whose career is on the decline. The Chicago Cubs offered right-hander David Aardsma, a former Cherry Creek High School athlete, last month, but the Rockies see him as a setup or middle reliever.

Mario-Rijo
06-27-2006, 10:57 PM
Justin Germano!!!! Perfect fit, GB pitcher young and cheap! Might even get to slip King/Mesa and Larue into the equation!