PDA

View Full Version : Listening to St. Louis Radio now

RedsMan3203
06-27-2006, 04:14 PM
Don't know what station it is.. Just found it while lookin through stations....

And... They are just laying it on Jimmy Edmounds...

"He is done"

They are talking about NOT picking up Edmounds option for next year... and grabbing a "impact" bat for the rest of the season.

RedsMan3203
06-27-2006, 04:15 PM
OMG!

Juan Encarnacion is probably the worst outfielder i've EVER seen.. a guy says...

Another guy chips in and says.. He is a loser.

KronoRed
06-27-2006, 04:17 PM
Meltdown in St.Louis

I love it

RedsMan3203
06-27-2006, 04:19 PM
590 The Fan is what I have on...

Listen Live (http://www.kfns.com/Multimedia/ListenLive-2.asx)

RedsMan3203
06-27-2006, 04:27 PM
Here they come again...

All the starters beside Chris Carpenter and Reyes should go to the pen.

Heath
06-27-2006, 04:29 PM
590 is the new radio home for the Cardinals. Interesting.

MaineRed
06-27-2006, 04:30 PM
If I wanted to hear about the Cards I would go to a Cards message board.

Then what did you open this thread for, right?

jimbo
06-27-2006, 04:30 PM
Sounds like listening to WLW.

RedsMan3203
06-27-2006, 04:32 PM

Then what did you open this thread for, right?

Its called for a good laugh.....

I found this really funny and wanted to share it.... You are crazy if you didn't find some of these lines they are breaking out funny.

MaineRed
06-27-2006, 04:33 PM
Then call me crazy because I haven't even smiled.

I don't care about the Card fans. They sound like fans of any team that struggles. Nothing new.

MaineRed
06-27-2006, 04:34 PM
As a matter of fact, those comments look a lot like what I read here during losing streaks.

That is when I laugh.

TC81190
06-27-2006, 04:34 PM
Take the personal stuff private or don\'t say it at all.

As a matter of fact, those comments look a lot like what I read here during losing streaks.

That is when I laugh.

Felt the need to be an ass to someone today, eh?

MaineRed
06-27-2006, 04:43 PM
How is stating the truth being an ass?

This board is loaded with critisms of the Reds. But we are supposed to laugh when ignorant sports radio callers critique the Cards?

Fans get restless everywhere when their team struggles. This is not breaking news and frankly it shows that Red fans are threatened by the Cards. Why else is some people calling some radio station to complain, news?

RedsMan3203
06-27-2006, 04:46 PM
Its not about this or that.. Or people calling in..

No one called in and was talking about Juan Encarnacion... They guy simply came out of no where and said he is a loser....

Now, I found that funny.

Razor Shines
06-27-2006, 04:51 PM
Its not about this or that.. Or people calling in..

No one called in and was talking about Juan Encarnacion... They guy simply came out of no one and said he is a loser....

Now, I found that funny.
It is very funny, and stupid. But it's also funny when Reds fans do it. Hell, I may have done it at some point in my life.

MaineRed
06-27-2006, 04:52 PM
No one called in and a guy came out of no one?

What in the world does that mean?

RedsMan3203
06-27-2006, 04:52 PM
It is very funny, and stupid. But it's also funny when Reds fans do it. Hell, I may have done it at some point in my life.

It wasn't a fan! It was a host that said it.....

Has Furman, or Marty, Tracey, or anyone on air came out and said this player is a loser?

reds44
06-27-2006, 04:55 PM

Has Furman, or Marty, Tracey, or anyone on air came out and said this player is a loser?
Yes. And a GM.

Razor Shines
06-27-2006, 04:55 PM

Easy, my bad. I must have read over that a touch too quick. And as to the question I don't know.

Newman4
06-27-2006, 05:34 PM
Its called for a good laugh.....

I found this really funny and wanted to share it.... You are crazy if you didn't find some of these lines they are breaking out funny.

I thought it was funny, RedsMan. Anytime the self proclaimed 'greatest fans in baseball' are feelin' a little pissy I crack a smile. Trouble in paradise, I love it! :evil:

MaineRed
06-27-2006, 05:48 PM
He already said it wasn't the fans, just some loud mouthed sports radio host.

The funny thing is Red fans acting like they never do the same exact thing.

Chip R
06-27-2006, 06:50 PM
I was in town about 3 weeks ago and the fans were talking about how cheap the Cards' owners were. I am convinced that all local sports talk radio shows talk about the same stuff just with their teams' names.

minus5
06-27-2006, 07:36 PM
A friend of mine is a huge Braves fan (not to change the subject) but he was complaining to me about their $90M payroll...I just looked at him and he shut up. :eek: I guess my point is yeah, all fan are about the same...

paintmered
06-27-2006, 07:38 PM

Nobody made you open this thread.

TeamBoone
06-27-2006, 07:38 PM
I would pay about as much attention to St. Louis sports talk radio as I do to Cincinnati's.... nada!

I hate them all! These are HUMAN BEINGS that they rant about and I think it's disgusting to run them into the ground the way they do.

Danny Serafini
06-27-2006, 07:55 PM
I didn't realize there was a Banana Phone in St. Louis.

dabvu2498
06-27-2006, 08:04 PM
Listen to the post game calls on WEEI from Boston anytime the Sox lose. It doesn't have to be during a losing streak. One loss and those people are ready to jump off bridges.

MaineRed
06-27-2006, 08:43 PM
Nobody made you open this thread.

The name of the thread is, "Listening to St Louis Radio now." How else am I supposed to know what the thread is about unless I open it, Miss Cleo?

I opened the thread to see what was being said on the radio in St Louis. I thought it might be something more relevant than the fact that not every resident of St Louis is a Kool Aid drinker.

Hap
06-27-2006, 10:54 PM
This is a forum for baseball discussion. The Cardinals are a baseball team. Therefore, we can discuss the Cardinals.

We can discuss anything we want about any kind of baseball.

TeamBoone
06-27-2006, 11:55 PM
Other teams (anything about them) are discussed all the time.

St. Louis is in the title of the thread...

RedsMan3203
06-27-2006, 11:58 PM
Wow, didn't want this to turn into a barn burning thread....

I just found what they were saying rather funny.... and I hadn't HEARD (my self) of any radio host stright up out of no where call a player a loser...

He didn't HINT at it, he didn't jump around it.. He said "He is a loser"

MaineRed
06-28-2006, 06:54 AM
Other teams (anything about them) are discussed all the time.

St. Louis is in the title of the thread...

St Louis was in the title of the thread. But nothing to indicate it was about the Cardinals.

Sorry I'm not as smart as you to know what threads are about before I openn them.

And I hope you back me up when I come on and post a listening to Tampa Bay radio right now thread. Something tells me most don't care that people in Tampa Bay think the DRays stink. But it would be about baseball.

Caveman Techie
06-28-2006, 08:15 AM
Uh, when the title of the thread is "Listening to ST. Louis Radio now" that should have given you a clue as to what the thread is about. Also if you don't like the subject matter in the thread after opening it, there is this great little feature called "Don't read the Thread anymore".

Personally I find it very interesting to hear what is going on in the other cities of the central division. And while talk show hosts do tend to over-do it, I have found that usually the casual fan will take their que from these same hosts.

smith288
06-28-2006, 08:32 AM
The name of the thread is, "Listening to St Louis Radio now." How else am I supposed to know what the thread is about unless I open it, Miss Cleo?

I opened the thread to see what was being said on the radio in St Louis. I thought it might be something more relevant than the fact that not every resident of St Louis is a Kool Aid drinker.
Hover your mouse over thread titles and a preview will show up.

It isnt that difficult and you certainly aren't the post police.

dabvu2498
06-28-2006, 08:51 AM
there is this great little feature called "Don't read the Thread anymore".

Do not forget the "Don't post in this thred" feature. Most people say I should use it more.

44Magnum
06-28-2006, 11:53 AM
St Louis was in the title of the thread. But nothing to indicate it was about the Cardinals.

Sorry I'm not as smart as you to know what threads are about before I openn them.

And I hope you back me up when I come on and post a listening to Tampa Bay radio right now thread. Something tells me most don't care that people in Tampa Bay think the DRays stink. But it would be about baseball.

Lighten up Francis!

RedsManRick
06-28-2006, 11:54 AM
What is the Cards system like in terms of flexibility to acqurie talent for the short term?

M2
06-28-2006, 12:04 PM

My guess is most folks would assume the thread deals with the D-Rays and then go into it to discuss the D-Rays. We talk about other teams on this board all the time.

M2
06-28-2006, 12:09 PM
As for the Birds, they can slot Anthony Reyes and Adam Wainwright into the rotation if they want.

Yet they really need to upgrade the OF bats. Whether they can make a deal for a high-profile guy I don't know (seeing that most teams would ask for Reyes or Wainwright and now St. Louis really needs those guys), but rest assured they'll be shopping for corner OFs over the next month.

flyer85
06-28-2006, 12:12 PM
Yet they really need to upgrade the OF bats. Whether they can make a deal for a high-profile guy I don't know (seeing that most teams would ask for Reyes or Wainwright and now St. Louis really needs those guys), but rest assured they'll be shopping for corner OFs over the next month.the down year from Edmonds combined with the loss of Sanders and Walker has left a big hole in the OF. In addition their trading chips(Reyes, Wainwright) are guys they need next year so they can't deal them. They are not in a good spot to acquire a bat that will be a difference maker. They need is for a LH bat as at the moment they are decidely right handed.

M2
06-28-2006, 12:21 PM
I could see the Cardinals going after guys like Mel Mora, Garret Anderson, Raul Ibanez or Shawn Green.

flyer85
06-28-2006, 12:33 PM
I could see the Cardinals going after guys like Mel Mora, Garret Anderson, Raul Ibanez or Shawn Green.I thought Mora signed a three year extension with the O's?

Personally I think Ibanez would be the best solution but they may have to settle for Garrett Anderson since it looks like the Angels aren't serious about this season.

M2
06-28-2006, 12:38 PM
I thought Mora signed a three year extension with the O's?

Personally I think Ibanez would be the best solution but they may have to settle for Garrett Anderson since it looks like the Angels aren't serious about this season.

Given the slew of OF bats the D-Backs have on the cusp of the majors, I actually think Green or Luis Gonzalez could be a steal (in terms of not having to trade much talent for them) for a team willing to absorb their contracts.

flyer85
06-28-2006, 12:45 PM
, I actually think Green or Luis Gonzalez could be a steal (in terms of not having to trade much talent for them) for a team willing to absorb their contracts.I realize that except I don't see Green or Gonzalez providing much help. Actually the Snakes would probably be better off playing Young and Quentin(or maybe Hairston) instead of Green and Gonzo.

RedsFan75
06-28-2006, 12:57 PM
I wouldn't mind having Luis Gonzalez in Cincinnati, I just always liked the guy, plus he's a Reds fan since his childhood. Not that we need an Outfielder, but anyway...

I think M2 is right, they could be had pretty easily I'd think.