PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Have Any Idea Why We're so Bad at Home???

TheBigLebowski
06-27-2006, 11:27 PM
I've never seen anything like it. What's more perplexing is that it seems our level of play at home is inversely proportional to the amount of fans in the stands.

IMO, it has something to do with the pitching. GAB is obviously not a pitcher's park, the Reds are obviously not a pitcher's team. Hell, we put up 8 runs tonight against the Royals and still managed to lose.

If we're to have any chance of making the post-season, we've gotta figure out how to win at home.

Any theories out there?

Mario-Rijo
06-27-2006, 11:30 PM
It (GABP) takes away our biggest asset by giving the other team as much power with less!

redsfan30
06-27-2006, 11:31 PM
There is no explination for it.

BuckeyeRedleg
06-27-2006, 11:33 PM
Because the Reds are a .500 team (at best) and they are playing above .500 on the road. So, they lose at home.....to anyone, even.

Fun stuff, huh?

Marc D
06-27-2006, 11:34 PM
Because the Reds are a .500 team (at best) and they are playing above .500 on the road. So, they lose at home.....to anyone, even.

Fun stuff, huh?

I was going to say bad pitching+ GAB but I like that one too.

TeamBoone
06-28-2006, 01:25 AM
I don't think they were bad tonight... the offense/defense was very good in fact.

Tonight it pitching... nothing more, nothing less. Without the meltdown, there's no doubt in my mind that they would have won. It's not because they played badly... pitching, pure and simple was what lost the game tonight.

Again, IMHO, they played well... at home.

pedro
06-28-2006, 01:37 AM
I think it's an aberration.

BuckeyeRedleg
06-28-2006, 01:53 AM
I don't think they were bad tonight... the offense/defense was very good in fact.

Tonight it pitching... nothing more, nothing less. Without the meltdown, there's no doubt in my mind that they would have won. It's not because they played badly... pitching, pure and simple was what lost the game tonight.

Again, IMHO, they played well... at home.

And then tomorrow it will be something else. Probably good pitching and they only score 2-3 runs. It's always something because they are a .500 club.

Cedric
06-28-2006, 03:14 AM
I think the home Reds team is more the real Reds than the road team lately.

We are just lucky to be a part of the worst division in baseball.

pedro
06-28-2006, 03:16 AM
I think the home Reds team is more the real Reds than the road team lately.

True, their road play is an abberation too. If you were just going by looking at the Reds OPS for and against you'd think they would have a better record at home.

Cedric
06-28-2006, 03:18 AM
It's been a very odd season. I just don't feel any kind of buzz around this team. I think people have rightfully realized the vulchers are circling and this team is just built bad.

I don't blame Wayne for that obviously, but digging up from under Dan/Jimbo's crap is going to take awhile.

CTA513
06-28-2006, 03:44 PM
I was watching ESPN and on the bottom of the screen it said the Reds have lost 9 of the last 10 home games.

WebScorpion
06-29-2006, 01:37 AM
They're saving their big home winning streak for the end of the season. ;)

KronoRed
06-29-2006, 02:07 AM
It's the chili