PDA

View Full Version : Reds FO named best in baseball for first half of season

OnBaseMachine
06-28-2006, 07:52 AM
Reds' brass praised
THE ENQUIRER

The Reds got some high praise in the Sports Illustrated midseason report.

The club's front office was named the best in baseball for the first half of the season.

The report, due on newsstands today, says: "New general manager Wayne Krivsky quickly made his mark with two moves that have been central to his club's strong start: He traded outfielder Wily Mo Peņa to Boston for right-hander Bronson Arroyo (9 -4, 2.58) in March, then dealt a lightly regarded prospect to Cleveland for second baseman Brandon Phillips (.314, seven homers, 43 RBI) in April. Both players should be in Pittsburgh for the All-Star Game on July 11.

http://news.enquirer.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060628/SPT04/606280329/1071

MrCinatit
06-28-2006, 08:30 AM
IMHO, a well-deserved mention.
While I still do not think this team will make it to the playoffs, I am very excited about the future of this ballclub. I am more confident Wayne will be able to fill in the weaknesses (relief, much of the fielding) more apt than Dan0 could have ever imagined.
And I believe he will be able to fill in those weaknesses without gambling away the young future of this ballclub - there are some young-uns in the sticks who I would like to see succeed in a Reds uniform for a long, long time.

Sabo17
06-28-2006, 09:06 AM
What a wonderful job by Krivsky, and just think he took over in spring training. I would have loved to have seen what he would have done with a whole off season and look foward to what he does at this trade deadline and this off season. Great Job so far Krivsky and keep it up..

Krusty
06-28-2006, 09:11 AM
I'm just waiting to see what Krivsky can do with an entire offseason to work.

TOBTTReds
06-28-2006, 10:04 AM
And traded for David Ross!

Time to fix the bullpen or else this award gets trashed.

Deepred05
06-28-2006, 10:23 AM
Kudos Krivsky. Handed a leaking ship, and plugged the holes.

Benihana
06-28-2006, 10:41 AM
This is great. I think Detroit has got to at least receive an honorable mention. Assembling a staff of Verlander, Rogers, Bonderman, Robertson and Maroth and drafting Andrew Miller? Wow.

REDREAD
06-28-2006, 11:09 AM
It's pretty amazing what he's done with so little. He's given me hope for the first time since 1999. It feels great to have some hope that the team might actually start getting better each year, instead of worse each year.