PDA

View Full Version : First Time For Everything......

RedsMan3203
06-29-2006, 01:48 AM
I've been to countless games snice JR has come to Cincinnati... JR has either been hurt, not playing, or didn't hit the ball well that night....

Well, tonight... for the 1st time in person... I was about to watch my child hood hero (and current) launch a pitch deep into the night that climbed 3/4 of the way up the sun/moon deck is right......

I was excited.... Finally.... I got to see JR leave the yard in person....

Here is to 551, and one home run I"ll never forget.

KronoRed
06-29-2006, 02:06 AM
JR hit a HR at a game I was at last year and I felt the same, fav player of all time homering while I was there..nothing like it :)

zombie-a-go-go
06-29-2006, 08:01 AM
I've been to countless games snice JR has come to Cincinnati... JR has either been hurt, not playing, or didn't hit the ball well that night....

Well, tonight... for the 1st time in person... I was about to watch my child hood hero (and current) launch a pitch deep into the night that climbed 3/4 of the way up the sun/moon deck is right......

I was excited.... Finally.... I got to see JR leave the yard in person....

Here is to 551, and one home run I"ll never forget.

Congratulations.

:thumbup:

The first time I say Jr. go yard live, I kicked the bleacher seat in front of me (it was empty) and ended up fracturing my foot - I was so filled with glee (and alcohol) that I didn't realize it until we started walking back to the car (I wasn't driving).

I don't know why I just 'said' that.

OnBaseMachine
06-29-2006, 08:24 AM
Congrats. :)

I was at the game when Griffey hit his first HR as a Red. I believe it was on a Sunday, the Reds 6th game. Cubs had a 6-0 lead in the 6th when Griffey homered, moments later Ochoa homered to cut it to 6-3. The game eventually went to extra innings and the Reds won 8-7.

Dunn is my favorite player, and I've been lucky enough to watch him hit at least 7 home runs in person. The one's that I remember are in August of 2001 vs the Rockies(IIRC, it was his 5th career HR), the 535-foot shot vs Dodgers in August of 2004, 2 HR on Opening Day of 2005, solo shot vs DRays last year on Wily Mo bobblehead night, this year on Opening Day, and again on June 11 vs the Cubs.