PDA

View Full Version : Edwin Encarcion Played OF last nite?

Redus
06-29-2006, 09:30 AM
Encarcion played outfield in his rehab game last night....This makes me go hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm? Is there a Kearns deal coming when Edwin comes back with him playing RF and Aurilia at third? Or am I reading too much into this. I find it strange theyd have him in the outfield.:p:

Heath
06-29-2006, 09:34 AM
Loosen's your legs. He needs the exercise and keeps his quads and hammies loose.

If EdE is being replaced at 3rd for RA, no matter how hot RA is now, is the most asinine move since RA replacing FeLo at short last year.

Redus
06-29-2006, 09:43 AM
I believe theres nothing to it but I think having him face live groundballs would be more important than standing around in left.

redsmetz
06-29-2006, 09:48 AM
Encarcion played outfield in his rehab game last night....This makes me go hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm? Is there a Kearns deal coming when Edwin comes back with him playing RF and Aurilia at third? Or am I reading too much into this. I find it strange theyd have him in the outfield.:p:

Maybe it's just broadening his horizens. Having another player you can slot in a different position is of some value.

Seems to me I remember a guy we had back in the 60's who was an All Star second sacker who we moved to the outfield... [dare I mention he became an All Star in two different OF positions, moved back to the infield at 3rd and later 1st becoming the only player to start in the All Star game at five different positions?] - some real hustle there, Charlie..... :) One might even say "scrappy".

westofyou
06-29-2006, 09:52 AM
Seems to me I remember a guy we had back in the 60's who was an All Star second sacker who we moved to the outfield... Because he couldn't field 1/2 as well as Helms and he was peeved when they tried to move him to 3rd in 1966.

b_combs23
06-29-2006, 09:52 AM
if they wanted to give him experimental reps in the outfield they would have done this during spring training not a rehad start. i think there is something to this. i just hope kearns isnt the one to go.

dabvu2498
06-29-2006, 09:53 AM
Another outfieldler... just what we needed.;)

crazybob60
06-29-2006, 09:58 AM
So we can get rid of Q when he comes off the DL????

Redus
06-29-2006, 10:46 AM
And Kearns wasnt in the lineup last night......:fineprint Conspiracy.....

EKURed
06-29-2006, 10:55 AM
Looks to me like he played third base...

http://www.minorleaguebaseball.com/app/milb/stats/stats.jsp?sid=t416&gid=2006_06_28_ricaaa_louaaa_1&cid=416&t=g_box

and Tuesday night too...

http://www.minorleaguebaseball.com/app/milb/stats/stats.jsp?sid=t416&gid=2006_06_27_ricaaa_louaaa_1&cid=416&t=g_box

Redus
06-29-2006, 11:04 AM
I got it per Rotoworld....said he went 1-4 and played outfield. ? Dunno:dunno:

dabvu2498
06-29-2006, 11:07 AM
I'd trust milb.com over Rotoworld every day and twice on Wednesdays.

Red Leader
06-29-2006, 11:07 AM

I think Rotoworld is wrong. Shocking, I know, but I'd tend to give more credit to the actual box score on the Bats website than to Rotoworld.

They should let Encarnacion catch tonight. We could use some depth at catcher, and his bat would work well there. :devil:

reds44
06-29-2006, 11:29 AM
He played 3rd, I had it on gameday.

If Edwin is moving to any position it will be 1st.

flyer85
06-29-2006, 11:35 AM
If Edwin is moving to any position it will be 1st.never know, he could end up the RH platoon with Hatty.

Matt700wlw
06-29-2006, 03:11 PM

Don't know. Krivsky is also a HUGE Denorfia fan.

I heard him say it....I have the quote in front of me. He said whenver the opportunity comes to get him up here, he will be up here.

He also said players of that high a caliber (like Bailey) need to stay up when called up.

He also said Brandon Phillips biggest disappointment was not getting traded, it was being called up and down from the minors.

What does this have to do with Edwin? :dunno:

reds44
06-29-2006, 03:13 PM
never know, he could end up the RH platoon with Hatty.
I am going to give Narron the benefit of the doubt (for now). When Edwin was up here he was playing everyday. He was putting up our best offensive numbers, and I doubt Narron wouldn't play him everyday.

MartyFan
06-29-2006, 03:55 PM
I had thought eralier in ST there had been some talk of EE being moved to another spot on the field...his bat is good...but his fielding is realy bad, was he this bad in the minors?

camisadelgolf
06-29-2006, 04:26 PM
Don't know. Krivsky is also a HUGE Denorfia fan.

I heard him say it....I have the quote in front of me. He said whenver the opportunity comes to get him up here, he will be up here.

I'm not saying you're wrong, but Krivsky's had the opportunity (i.e. he could have released McCracken), but I think Krivsky was just doing good PR. Denorfia will be here long-term soon, though, I'm sure.

Matt700wlw
06-29-2006, 04:30 PM
I'm not saying you're wrong, but Krivsky's had the opportunity (i.e. he could have released McCracken), but I think Krivsky was just doing good PR. Denorfia will be here long-term soon, though, I'm sure.

I don't think he wants him up here to be a fill-in. I think he wants him up to stay and be a full time player.

Somebody's going to go, eventually.

Ron Madden
06-30-2006, 05:19 AM
I had thought eralier in ST there had been some talk of EE being moved to another spot on the field...his bat is good...but his fielding is realy bad, was he this bad in the minors?

Marty, Marty, Marty.................

Edwin is NOT bad. Edwin is YOUNG.

EE is the best young all round third baseman this team has had in years.