PDA

View Full Version : Cub Fans

Razor Shines
06-30-2006, 03:04 PM
Watching the Cubs - W. Sox game and when they announced Barrett for his first at bat since his suspension, the Cubs fans gave him a standing ovation. For what? For hitting a guy in the mouth for no reason? For being a baby? Pierzynski made a good hardnosed baseball play, and Barrett punches him. I mean one of their best hitters has to miss 10 games because he was stupid, and they cheer him like he took time off to fight crime. I suppose most team's fans would have done the same thing, but I just don't think it makes any sense.

Heath
06-30-2006, 03:07 PM
I think its Johnny Footstool's Signature line from RFS62 says it best about the Cubs' Fans.

Chip R
06-30-2006, 03:07 PM
Maybe they cheered him for hitting Pierzynski. ;)

fielder's choice
06-30-2006, 03:12 PM
If you stand right in front of homeplate without the ball, that's what you get. Cubs fans are idiots, anyway. Actually, Chicago fans in general suck.

LincolnparkRed
06-30-2006, 03:42 PM
Barrett hitting AJ is the only thing they may get to cheer about all weekend might as well get it out of the way.

Matt700wlw
06-30-2006, 03:45 PM
Watching the Cubs - W. Sox game and when they announced Barrett for his first at bat since his suspension, the Cubs fans gave him a standing ovation. For what? For hitting a guy in the mouth for no reason? For being a baby? Pierzynski made a good hardnosed baseball play, and Barrett punches him. I mean one of their best hitters has to miss 10 games because he was stupid, and they cheer him like he took time off to fight crime. I suppose most team's fans would have done the same thing, but I just don't think it makes any sense.

A.J was smart for walking away after being punched.

Barrett would have kicked his butt.

Chip R
06-30-2006, 04:05 PM
A.J was smart for walking away after being punched.

Barrett would have kicked his butt.

Sure, cause he had all his gear on. Not exactly a fair fight. Of course what do you expect from someone who uses a sucker punch.

jimbo
06-30-2006, 04:12 PM
When AJ got up after the play he took steps towards the Cubs dugout and Barrett. It gave the impression to me that he was taunting. I'm not saying the punch was justified, but in my opinion AJ has been asking for it for a long time.

Chip R
06-30-2006, 04:13 PM
When AJ got up after the play he took steps towards the Cubs dugout and Barrett. It gave the impression to me that he was taunting. I'm not saying the punch was justified, but in my opinion AJ has been asking for it for a long time.

He was going to get his helmet.

Razor Shines
06-30-2006, 04:16 PM
It looked to me like he was going to pick up his helmet. But that's not the point, the point is that Cub fans are stupid for cheering someone who got himself taken out of their lineup for 10 games because he couldn't control himself. Whatever Pierzynski had coming to him could have been taken care of his next time up, that's the way it's always been done in baseball.

vaticanplum
06-30-2006, 05:10 PM
My office has given up on the day entirely and we're all watching the game. Holy crap are the Cubs playing some terrible baseball right now. It's nice not to have to put any effort into disliking them.

vaticanplum
06-30-2006, 05:19 PM
Todd walker grounds out with two men on. Sox win 6-2 and I go to get another Friday afternoon office beer :beerme:

jimbo
06-30-2006, 05:37 PM
He was going to get his helmet.

How does anyone really know that?