PDA

View Full Version : Arroyo on last night

Matt700wlw
06-30-2006, 04:13 PM
Yeah, it irritates you," he said. "Not to say the guys in the 'pen aren't doing the best that they can. It's just the way it goes sometimes. I wasn't out of gas. I just thought the way the game was playing out I didn't have my best stuff the whole night."

"If we were only up by one, I would have definitely gone back out there," Arroyo said. "But I felt like it was a bigenough lead and the bullpen has been throwing a little bit better as of late. I thought it would work out. It just didn't."

geniusMoment
06-30-2006, 04:28 PM
You can tell he's pissed about it, and he has a right to be.

jimbo
06-30-2006, 04:30 PM
I wonder if saying something like that to the media will cause some tension? I understand his frustration but isn't it an unwritten rule you just don't call your teammates out to the media?

I understand his frustration though, and I do admire his candor.

Krusty
06-30-2006, 04:31 PM
He was just expressing what we all have been expressing so far this season in regards to the bullpen.

Chip R
06-30-2006, 04:33 PM
I actually thought he was very diplomatic when he said he thought that lead would be enough. Either that or he's an idiot.

Matt700wlw
06-30-2006, 04:40 PM
I wonder if saying something like that to the media will cause some tension? I understand his frustration but isn't it an unwritten rule you just don't call your teammates out to the media?

Oh well...the bullpen stinks. If they don't know it, somebody needs to tell them :)

CTA513
06-30-2006, 04:44 PM
He said that yesterday and now Hammond was DFA'd.

:evil:

GAC
06-30-2006, 06:01 PM
I thought they should have brought him back out in the 8th..... but on a leash.

crazybob60
06-30-2006, 06:09 PM
I don't think he said anything wrong....I think he had a right to say that, sure there is an unwritten rule...but I don't think he crossed any boundaries by what he said.

jnwohio
06-30-2006, 06:18 PM
Sometimes properly stated remarks and the tension they create are a good thing. As noted above, Hammond is gone the day after Arroyo's remarks. The remaining guys have to clearly be on notice that they are pitching for their lives.

What I am wondering is what if any the effect the roll over on the managment contracts earlier in the week had on the timing of the Hammond move. Is it maybe Krivsky and Narron's decision now that they have seen enough and will make changes because things can only stay the same or get better. That's a decision that has to be easier to take with a little job security.

Spitball
06-30-2006, 06:37 PM
Sometimes properly stated remarks and the tension they create are a good thing. As noted above, Hammond is gone the day after Arroyo's remarks. The remaining guys have to clearly be on notice that they are pitching for their lives.

What I am wondering is what if any the effect the roll over on the managment contracts earlier in the week had on the timing of the Hammond move. Is it maybe Krivsky and Narron's decision now that they have seen enough and will make changes because things can only stay the same or get better. That's a decision that has to be easier to take with a little job security.

Wait, I believe the three runs in 1/3 of an inning to blow a lead had much more to do with any decision on Hammond's status with the team than anything Arroyo said.