PDA

View Full Version : DePodesta

11BarryLarkin11
06-30-2006, 04:25 PM
Paul is back in the game.

http://sandiego.padres.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/press_releases/press_release.jsp?ymd=20060630&content_id=1531020&vkey=pr_sd&fext=.jsp&c_id=sd

Johnny Footstool
06-30-2006, 04:35 PM
The Padres are a great organization for a guy like DePodesta. He'll do very well there.

KronoRed
06-30-2006, 11:02 PM
Padres are lucky to have him on board

Highlifeman21
07-01-2006, 12:02 AM
Here's a question for the board....

Who would you rather have?

Krivsky or DePodesta?

I hate to say it, but I think my vote goes to Paul D.

I love what Krivsky's done with this team, but I was very troubled at the fact we didn't even talk to DePodesta when finding O'Brien's replacement.

dougflynn23
07-01-2006, 12:45 AM

Krivsky or DePodesta?

I love what Krivsky's done with this team, but I was very troubled at the fact we didn't even talk to DePodesta when finding O'Brien's replacement. :) I heard from a pretty reliable person who knows DePo that a call was made by the Reds to him to gauge interest, but Depo was not interested in pursuing it for personal reasons, most likely geographical.

BrooklynRedz
07-01-2006, 02:03 AM
:) I heard from a pretty reliable person who knows DePo that a call was made by the Reds to him to gauge interest, but Depo was not interested in pursuing it for personal reasons, most likely geographical.

Yup.

Raisor
07-01-2006, 06:38 AM
Paul working for Sandy Alderson makes a ton of sense.

GAC
07-01-2006, 06:45 AM

Krivsky or DePodesta?

I love what Krivsky's done with this team, but I was very troubled at the fact we didn't even talk to DePodesta when finding O'Brien's replacement.

Krivsky. He's done a pretty good job in such a short order here. And DanO left him with one huge mess.

Depo seemed to have a relationship problem/differences with not only upper management (which I don't fault Depo totally for), but also with some of the players while at LA.

He seemed to ignore factors, or deemed them insignificant, when acquiring players who were deemed troublesome or had attitude problems.

I think he would be better suited as an assistant/behind the scenes type of guy; but not as a GM.

cincinnati chili
07-01-2006, 07:01 AM
I'm not sure Kevin Towers is long for the Padres. As much as I respect Alderson, I've heard he's a dictator. And effective dictator, but a dictator. This makes 3 skilled GMs in one organization. Can they share power and focus on the tasks at hand?

I like the hire though. DePo can pretend to be nice, but he'll be focuses on crushing the Dodgers, which will only bode well for the future of the Padres.

Highlifeman21
07-01-2006, 12:51 PM
:) I heard from a pretty reliable person who knows DePo that a call was made by the Reds to him to gauge interest, but Depo was not interested in pursuing it for personal reasons, most likely geographical.

I had not heard this, so if DePo in fact wanted nothing to do with us, I can't say that I blame him.

I think Krivsky's done a heckuva a job, much better than I anticipated to this point so far, but I've always been a DePo guy and would have loved to see him running this club.

Thanks for the input

BrooklynRedz
07-01-2006, 01:11 PM
I'm not sure Kevin Towers is long for the Padres. As much as I respect Alderson, I've heard he's a dictator. And effective dictator, but a dictator. This makes 3 skilled GMs in one organization. Can they share power and focus on the tasks at hand?

I like the hire though. DePo can pretend to be nice, but he'll be focuses on crushing the Dodgers, which will only bode well for the future of the Padres.

Towers tied his own noose with the public mea culpa following Caminiti's death.