PDA

View Full Version : That Should Shut These People Up!

MaineRed
06-30-2006, 10:24 PM
Just kidding folks. But that deserves its own thead.

As Chris Welsch just said, did that really happen?

GOREDSGO32
06-30-2006, 10:26 PM
Marty went crazy ... oh God .. I love calls like that on the radio!!! Thats what baseball is all about!

MaineRed
06-30-2006, 10:28 PM
Wish I could of heard that.

reds44
06-30-2006, 10:29 PM
I Love You Adam!!!!!!!!

Omg!

Newman4
A moment like that defines why each and every one of us watch baseball and love the Reds. Awesome.

GOREDSGO32
Turn it on the radio for the Brennamin report replay. Wow, that was amazing.

James B.
06-30-2006, 10:31 PM
That is a game that I will remember for a long time. It don't get any better than that.

redsmetz
06-30-2006, 10:32 PM
Adam Dunn hitting a Grand Slam (which means... Runners in Scoring Position!) to win the game - and that useless Juan Castro hitting a pinch hit home run too. Yikes! What will we have to say on Redzone now?

:)

Well, I'm gone for a week to Missouri to see my in-laws and some of my wife's college friends. It would be sweet to arrive tied for first!

cincy09
06-30-2006, 10:33 PM
love dunner in the two hole!!! More at bats = more runs

redsfan4445
06-30-2006, 10:42 PM
What a end to a game.. awesome.. reminds me of the game in 99 where the reds kept battling back twice in extra inning and pokie Reese ended it on a walk-off in the 10th or 11th... i was at the game... and this has to top that one!.. awesome...:beerme:

wheels
06-30-2006, 10:46 PM
Hey Team Clark............How's that crow tasting tonight?

Johnny Footstool
06-30-2006, 10:51 PM
love dunner in the two hole!!! More at bats = more runs

Agreed. Some Redszoners have been advocating batting Dunn in the 2 spot for a long, long time. Hopefully, his performance over the past two games will allow him to stay there for a while.

dabvu2498
06-30-2006, 10:55 PM
When I saw the title of this thread, I thought it would have to be about Juan Castro. ;)

KronoRed
06-30-2006, 10:57 PM
That's his 3rd game winner in the last 2 1/2 weeks.

Is he clutch yet? :D

cincy09
06-30-2006, 10:57 PM
Tracy said "Wickman's fat ass couldnt get anybody out"; guess i would have to agree this one time

captainmorgan07
06-30-2006, 10:58 PM
Tracy said "Wickman's fat ass couldnt get anybody out"; guess i would have to agree this one time
im still laughing from that

Cedric
06-30-2006, 10:59 PM
Let's just have a good time with this. No need to stoop.

Team Clark
06-30-2006, 10:59 PM
Hey Team Clark............How's that crow tasting tonight?

Why would I eat crow?

I'm happier for Castro than I am anyone. So many people think he is worthless. He's added a great measure of value to this club and he got the opportunity to come up big tonight. When Dunner wants to swing and get in the ballgame he is dangerous. Read my report on him in ST. Look it up. All praise for the big man. He got away from what he was doing and tried to mash a ball into the river every time up. Maybe that bug in his ear is coming back around. Anyone notice his OF play has improved? That AB he had last night (6/29) that won the game in the 8th was a great AB. If he could hit .260 the rest of the way the Reds could make this close. Got to DFA Yan and get some help in the BP.

Ltlabner
06-30-2006, 11:01 PM
When I saw the title of this thread, I thought it would have to be about Juan Castro.

Why...that would require a bunch of people to admit he might have something to add to the team. They'll poo-poo his homer by saying that "every squirl finds an acorn" and other denigrating things. They overlook the fact that Dunn's heroics couldn't have happened without Castro's homer. He's far too old and "scrappy" and all that crap that people have been beating into the ground the past few weeks.

But as far as the thread goes. Kudos to the Dunner. That was a magic moment indeed. I hope we see him in the 2hole for a long time.

Team Clark
06-30-2006, 11:01 PM
Just watched Angel Hernandez blow a few calls and have words with Yadier Molina. I hope the Royals pull this one out.

wheels
06-30-2006, 11:19 PM
Why would I eat crow?

I'm happier for Castro than I am anyone. So many people think he is worthless. He's added a great measure of value to this club and he got the opportunity to come up big tonight. When Dunner wants to swing and get in the ballgame he is dangerous. Read my report on him in ST. Look it up. All praise for the big man. He got away from what he was doing and tried to mash a ball into the river every time up. Maybe that bug in his ear is coming back around. Anyone notice his OF play has improved? That AB he had last night (6/29) that won the game in the 8th was a great AB. If he could hit .260 the rest of the way the Reds could make this close. Got to DFA Yan and get some help in the BP.

:laugh:

I was just funnin' ya Clarkie.

Shoulda put a ;) at the end or something.

I saw you were reading the thread so I thought I'd just call you out a little.

Razor Shines
06-30-2006, 11:28 PM
Home runs are rally killers and Dunn is selfish. Think how many more guys could have gotten hits and RBIs if Dunn hadn't killed the rally with that homer.

Team Clark
07-01-2006, 12:46 AM
:laugh:

I was just funnin' ya Clarkie.

Shoulda put a ;) at the end or something.

I saw you were reading the thread so I thought I'd just call you out a little.

I thought you might be and I appreciate the quick wit. There are those that think I and others "hate" Adam Dunn. If that were true I would not have spent two of my off days working his camp a few days ago.

BigJohn
07-01-2006, 12:59 PM
If he continues to perform as he has in the last week, no one will be a Dunn Hater and will be glad to see him get what he is being paid. The only time people have ripped on Dunn is when has puked on himself! I will be first to say I am a Dunn lover when he plays like he is!

Chip R
07-01-2006, 11:54 PM
Just watched Angel Hernandez blow a few calls and have words with Yadier Molina. I hope the Royals pull this one out.

First LoDuca and now Yady. Angel needs to find a new line of work. It is not just that he is a bad umpire but he is starting to have problems with certain players too.