PDA

View Full Version : Riverfront Club Questions

Newman4
07-01-2006, 10:11 AM
Hey, I bought some tickets off Ebay and they came with a couple passes to the Riverfront Club. I read the guidelines from the website and the information from the passes, but I wanted a little heads up from some people on here that have experienced the restaurant. Especially since our daughter, who is almost 2, will be with us for the "Build a Bear" Reds Teddy giveaway.

First of all, how much does it cost?

Next, it says reservations are recommended. Does it sell out very often?

What is the menu like?

How strict is the dress code?

Anything else anyone can fill me in on is appreciated. We would hate to get there and look really out of place or be unprepared in some way. Thanks again.

Redsland
07-01-2006, 01:07 PM
The dress code is not strict, but the Reds request business casual. Khaki shorts and a collared shirt would be fine. You could get in looking scrubbier than that, but why would ya?

If you want to eat dinner and have one of the tables along the window overlooking the field, it would be a good idea to get a reservation. There are only two seating times, IIRC. The meal is an upscale buffett, and I think it's $30, but you may want to ask when you call. Expect salmon, chicken, prime rib, etc., along with side dishes and so forth.

If you don't want to eat dinner, you can hang out in the large bar area, where there are small tables over looking the field, river, or city, and an appetizer menu is available. There are also TVs. IIRC, live music is performed by a piano player or jazz combo on occasion.

The Riverfront club adjoins the FOX Club 4192, so you can sit in the club seats and enjoy the club food and drink, if you like. You'd be doing the old "seating upgrade," though, unless the seats you bought happen to be numbered in the 300's.

It's a good time. Have fun!

Brian
07-01-2006, 02:35 PM
It is a nice place, but if you want to eat there, I definitely recommend reservations. Depending on the night, you may or may not get seated. I don't think I'd take a 2-year old though, at least I wouldn't have taken mine. I recall it being more than $30 a plate, but I could be wrong.

reds44
07-01-2006, 02:49 PM
I've been there, it was a nice play. Make sure you make reservations if you want to get a seat that overlooks the field.

Personally, I liked Club 4192 better.

Newman4
07-01-2006, 06:17 PM
We'll definitely get reservations. We'll be there early for the teddy bear giveaway, so it will be about 11 AM two weeks from tomorrow on Sunday. So we're flexible as far as times. However, we definitely will have our daughter with us. I hope they are as patient as courteous as other people at GABP have been with my littlest Reds fan.

As far as the dress code, I regularly wear polos and khaki shorts to games anyways. Are cargo khakis ok? What about leather 'flip flop' style sandals?

GAC
07-01-2006, 07:04 PM
About the only thing they won't allow you in with is a muscle shirt. You can wear sandals.

We talked with one of the hostesses last year when there, and she said they relaxed the dress code because people weren't coming. Most people aren't gonna get dressed up to go to a baseball game.