PDA

View Full Version : Adam Dunn

Matt700wlw
07-01-2006, 04:59 PM
I've given the guy a lot of grief about hitting with runners on..hitting in the clutch...bad defense....strikeouts...yadda yadda yadda. Not in dislike, just in frustration.

He's on pace for 53 homers and 106 RBIs..

He gets no more grief from me. The 2 hole seems to be working.

He will rule the world in strikeouts....it's just the way it is. He does so much more than that, though.

oneupper
07-01-2006, 05:03 PM
It's not the 2 hole. It's hitting in front of Griffey...

Dunn needs good pitches to hit more than most players.

MWM
07-01-2006, 05:04 PM
In close and late situations (defined as 7th inning or later either ahead by one run, tied, or with the potential tying run at least on deck), Adam Dunn has the following line in 45 PA (yes, small sample):

BA - .324
OBP - .457
SLG - .595
OPS - 1.052

Any AB in these situations, regardless of baserunners, is just as important, if not moreso, than random RISP ABs. Hopefully, this lack of clutch can be put to bed here on the forum.

KronoRed
07-01-2006, 05:17 PM
It's not the 2 hole. It's hitting in front of Griffey...

Yep, It would work with Dunn 3 and JR 4th as well.

wheels
07-01-2006, 05:47 PM
What's great about the two hole is that he gets more AB's.

In one of Narron's whimsical "bat Dunn seventh" lineups, last night doesn't happen.

pedro
07-01-2006, 05:53 PM
What's great about the two hole is that he gets more AB's.

In one of Narron's whimsical "bat Dunn seventh" lineups, last night doesn't happen.

precisely.

It's all about who's going to get that 5th at bat and I want that to be Adam Dunn.

VR
07-01-2006, 06:17 PM
I can't believe everyone is so excited. Dunn got lucky. That ball carried 320 down the line, tops. If it had been his to center it would have been an out.:rolleyes:

pedro
07-01-2006, 06:20 PM
I can't believe everyone is so excited. Dunn got lucky. That ball carried 320 down the line, tops. If it had been his to center it would have been an out.:rolleyes:

you should probably use sarcasm tags next time.

Patrick Bateman
07-01-2006, 06:21 PM

Actually, if it was hit to Centre, it would have been a single. The OF's were playing nearly to the wall in an attempt to cut off a 3 run double.

Big Klu
07-01-2006, 06:29 PM
precisely.

It's all about who's going to get that 5th at bat and I want that to be Adam Dunn.

Or 6th at bat, as was the case last night. ;)

pedro
07-01-2006, 06:30 PM
Or 6th at bat, as was the case last night. ;)

yeah, that too. :)

Big Klu
07-01-2006, 06:31 PM
Actually, if it was hit to Centre, it would have been a single. The OF's were playing nearly to the wall in an attempt to cut off a 3 run double.

Hey now! None of that British "-re" stuff around here! And no adding silent "u"'s to words like "color" or "rumor", either! :D

KronoRed
07-01-2006, 09:14 PM
A single would have been better, I mean the HR always kills a rally

Chip R
07-02-2006, 01:35 AM
A single would have been better, I mean the HR always kills a rally

Yep, Dunns HR killed that rally dead last night. The rally would have continued if he got a single. But nooooooo, he had to be selfish and hit a home run to end a perfectly good rally. :lol:

TOBTTReds
07-02-2006, 02:17 AM

I don't know if you were being serious here or not, but I'll take lucky 26 times in the first half of the season!

GAC
07-02-2006, 06:40 AM
I've given the guy a lot of grief about hitting with runners on..hitting in the clutch...bad defense....strikeouts...yadda yadda yadda. Not in dislike, just in frustration.

Exactly Matt. Those who have shown "disappointment" towards Dunn in the first half of this season are not doing so out of hatred or dislike. At least most of us aren't.

He's on pace for 53 homers and 106 RBIs..

He gets no more grief from me. The 2 hole seems to be working.

And those are pretty solid numbers if you ask me. People think that a guy who may hit that many HRs would have a better RBI total; but Dunn, IMO, is a solid OB machine. And I have always advocated that he should be in the #2 spot and left there.

I'm a graduate of Raisor's baseball school of etiquette. ;)

He's not only gonna get on base, but also still get his numbers.

And he is also gonna see better pitches with guys like Jr and EE/BP right behind him.

But as a final note - this forum is a discussion forum where we all come to offer opinions and critique players, and the game, as a whole. And everyone has that "favorite" player(s), yet seem to get very defensive (or touchy) if anything negative is even mentioned.

And IMO, alot of the times, that negative statement is not meant to be a bash, and it shouldn't be interpreted that way.

I really am impressed with what Castellini and Krivsky have done with this team in such a short order. They know, more then anyne else, that in order to get this team over that hump we have to address this bullpen.

People keep screaming to fix it..... but folks, they are seriously trying to do so. But in the first half of the season the market is very slim, and the only thing available are DFAs that one picks up (at low risk) and keep your fingers crossed.

It will be interesting at the trading deadline what this team does. But I do not want them to "sell off" the future for that chance this year.

Griffey and Dunn ain't going anywhere. But I'd ship out Kearns or Freel for some solid middle relief, and bring up Deno. I'd trade Deno in that situation too. Whatever it takes.

Guys like Aurilia or LaRue aren't gonna bring us much.

But lets be honest here - if you want pitching, then you had better be able to sacrifice something for it because teams know this - and are gonna use it.

Are the Reds willing to pay that price, and at what cost? ;)

I really like Jay Bruce. I could envision that kid being up here, and given a shot, in a couple of years.

KronoRed
07-02-2006, 05:58 PM
Hey! I'm not in that clique picture!! I'm calling the gang of 10! :evil:

GAC
07-03-2006, 07:23 AM
Hey! I'm not in that clique picture!! I'm calling the gang of 10! :evil:

You, and many others, were there in spirit. ;)