PDA

View Full Version : Bullpen idea

snowstorm
07-03-2006, 01:54 AM
What about trying to acquire Byung-Hyun Kim from the Rockies? I know that he has an ERA near 5, but the Rockies have been using him as a starter. He has a great track record of past success in the bullpen, which is what the Reds need. He's also only 27 and making only $1.25 million this year. I'm not sure how much it would take to get him, but it's an idea.

I'd also ask the Rockies if Ray King is available.

Maldez
07-03-2006, 02:01 AM
I have faith in Krivsky. He'll come up with somebody. I know the big guy we picked up from the Angels isn't exactly setting the world on fire, but most of Krivsky's deals have been huge successes.

UK Reds Fan
07-03-2006, 08:28 AM
I more soid idea, would be to pitch Standridge and Belisle to set-up before you give those shots to Weathers and Mercker. Narron has really fallen asleep at the wheel these past 2 weeks with the BP. We don't have great options out there for sure, but to continually give Hammonds, Weathers and Merk the ball before Standridge and Belisle or even Shackelford as the LOOGY isn't thinking out there.

Hammonds, Merk and Weathers haven't had a scoreless outing since the invention of sliced bread. Why continue to give them the ball when they always fail? Atleast the other guys fail only 50% of the time.

Razor Shines
07-03-2006, 09:50 AM
I more soid idea, would be to pitch Standridge and Belisle to set-up before you give those shots to Weathers and Mercker. Narron has really fallen asleep at the wheel these past 2 weeks with the BP. We don't have great options out there for sure, but to continually give Hammonds, Weathers and Merk the ball before Standridge and Belisle or even Shackelford as the LOOGY isn't thinking out there.

Hammonds, Merk and Weathers haven't had a scoreless outing since the invention of sliced bread. Why continue to give them the ball when they always fail? Atleast the other guys fail only 50% of the time.
Well I don't think he will be running HAMMOND out there anymore, at least not this year. If we're lucky we can sign him in the offseason again.

RedLegSuperStar
07-03-2006, 10:49 AM
Well I don't think he will be running HAMMOND out there anymore, at least not this year. If we're lucky we can sign him in the offseason again.

If we're lucky?

RedLegSuperStar
07-03-2006, 10:50 AM
What about trying to acquire Byung-Hyun Kim from the Rockies? I know that he has an ERA near 5, but the Rockies have been using him as a starter. He has a great track record of past success in the bullpen, which is what the Reds need. He's also only 27 and making only $1.25 million this year. I'm not sure how much it would take to get him, but it's an idea.

I'd also ask the Rockies if Ray King is available.

No to Kim!

Razor Shines
07-03-2006, 11:06 AM
If we're lucky?
He'll only be 41 next year, and I'd say he has 6 or 7 good years left, this year was a fluke.