PDA

View Full Version : Ball Park Meals?

Ltlabner
07-03-2006, 07:36 PM
Another tread about hotdogs got me to thinking. Do you have any food "rituals" when attending a ballgame?

For example, I usually have a chicken breast sandwhich at the Machine Room with a mountain of saratoga chips before each game. Typically I'll have an order of nachos around the 4th or 5th inning. If I'm still full, I'll get a small bag of popcorn instead of nachos.

I guess this is a good thread for those of us who get into routines and don't change much!

redhawkfish
07-03-2006, 07:50 PM
I always have a super dog with kraut, and some peanuts to munch on throughout the game. I always take a couple mountain dews into the game.

KittyDuran
07-03-2006, 08:01 PM
I usually bring food and water in...or eat before I get there... but if I DO eat at the ballpark it's a hot dog with kraut or a hot dog with mustard, relish, ketchup, and onions. Sometimes I'll treat myself with ice cream.

redsfanmia
07-03-2006, 08:40 PM
I always have a frosty malt and usually nachos.

TOBTTReds
07-03-2006, 09:04 PM
I always buy a $1 water from the guys on the street, best deal in town.

Try to never buy food at the ballpark, but on Wed. I had my worst experience buying food. Bought two LaRosa's hoagies with my gf, they take our money and everything then give us our hoagies, no pizza sauce on it. We ask them if they have any, and they look at me like I'm clueless. Then the lady comes back and says that they don't have any because they have been busier than they thought (hello! bobble head night, big crowd). And they only had plain chips (not a big deal, but we both wanted bbq). But come on, no pizza sauce on a steak hoagy from LaRosa's? It was like a hamburger hoagie, not very good for $8, although it was very big.

Crosley68
07-04-2006, 11:13 AM
Water from the street vendors, grilled Brat with peppers, onions, kraut and mustard before first pitch, during game I have a cold beer if kids are not with me, a large coke if they are.

Newman4
07-04-2006, 01:39 PM
I have made it a habit to stop by the Machine Room before the game and have a 2.00 Pepsi with free refills.

DropDocK
07-04-2006, 01:54 PM
Bring in water, sometimes peanut M&M's and usually eat before I go. Pretzel is my usual fare and I'll get a hot dog if I'm still hungry.

RFS62
07-04-2006, 02:44 PM
mmmmmmm, beer

brat and peanuts too

Reds4Life
07-04-2006, 03:50 PM
Hot dogs with mustard and relish. Nachos usually too.

bucksfan
07-04-2006, 11:00 PM
Some combination of hotdogs/brats, nachos w/plenty o' jalapenos, and beer.

Big Klu
07-05-2006, 12:17 AM
At Cincinnati: bratwurst with sauerkraut, waffle fries, and nachos
At Pittsburgh: kielbasa with peppers, Primanti Brothers sandwich, and nachos
At Cleveland: cheeseburger, steak fries, and nachos

RedsMan3203
07-05-2006, 12:41 AM
I normally take in some mt. dew and wendys... if i'm able to stop at wendys before the game and grab some JBC's.

There has only been 1 game i've bought food at GABP and that was because I was running late and didn't get a chance to eat.... Even thou it was well worth the money.. all cept the 4$ mt. dew.

dabvu2498
07-05-2006, 08:11 AM
Pregame at Skyline on Sycamore.

reds1869
07-05-2006, 08:35 AM
I usually go to the Hofbrauhaus in Newport before the games. Great German food and great beer. Plus, I enjoy walking across the river to parking downtown.

zombie-a-go-go
07-05-2006, 08:36 AM
I usually drink a lot of beer - does that count?

BuckWoody
07-05-2006, 10:13 AM
This year we've tried to eat before we get to the yard to try to cut down on the cost of a game. My wife gets a huge bag of peanuts from the grocery and we take a ziplock full to every game. Before we sit down we get a couple of cold ones from the two old guys who man the beer booth down the first base line on the plaza. She gets a Bud Light and I get one of those American Red Ales...I've grown quite fond of those this year.

Those two guys remind us of Statler and Waldorf from the Muppets. :D
http://www.bbc.co.uk/berkshire/stage/images/statlerwaldorf270.jpg

crazybob60
07-05-2006, 11:05 AM
I usually have to have at least 2-3 brachts and/or metts by the second inning along with a nice cold coca-cola. Then I usually go to the concession stand about every other inning to get either another dog or a pretzel or something, yes, I do get a lot of snacks because I want to really enjoy myself at the game and yes I usually do spend in excess of $30 or more at concessions when I go to a game.

Roy Tucker
07-05-2006, 11:43 AM
We usually buy a bag of peanuts and water outside the park. Then we buy hot dogs and a pop of some sort before we sit down. Around the 3rd/4th inning I buy a beer.

When our kids were little, we'd then buy cotton candy, licorice whips, soft pretzels, ice cream, frozen lemonade, popcorn, dippin dots, etc etc etc to keep them entertained.

Now I just say "go away and spend your own god-blessed money, you aren't getting any of mine".

SunDeck
07-05-2006, 02:48 PM
Brat/kraut/mustard
Beer

It ain't a game to me if that doesn't happen.

goreds2
07-10-2006, 10:12 PM
We don't make it to many Reds games :cry: . When we do go (Family), we pack a softsided cooler of plastic bottle soda & water drinks, M&M's & peanuts. The wife and I usually get Montgomery Inn at the Stadium with the little one getting pizza. I usually have maybe 3 beers.

If I am out with the guys, I have more than 3 beers. :beerme:

No glass bottles or cans may be brought into Great American Ball Park. Guests are welcome to bring in soft drinks and water provided they are in clear plastic bottles and the safety seal has not been broken. Insulated foam cups/containers from restaurants, convenience stores or gas stations, etc. are not permitted in Great American Ball Park.

Guests are welcome to bring SOFT-SIDED coolers into Great American Ball Park provided the coolers' dimensions do not exceed the 16" x 16" x 8" inch Major League Baseball size requirement. HARD-SIDED coolers of any size are prohibited from entering the ballpark. Coolers and all carry-in items are always subject to inspection by Reds personnel prior to entrance to the ballpark or at any time while inside the ballpark.

Before we go to the Columbus Clippers games, the wife and I pick up Grinders Subs and our son always wants Wendy's. We bring into the game a cooler of plastic bottle soda & water drinks, M&M's & peanuts. I do not drink beer at the Clippers game. The Diet Mt. Dew I bring in goes down good.

If I am out with the guys, I have beers. :beerme:

Cooper Stadium Policy:

CARRY-IN POLICY – NO ALCOHOL, CANS OR GLASS BOTTLES ARE ALLOWED TO BE BROUGHT INTO COOPER STADIUM. We do allow fans to bring in food & beverages in small backpacks, bags and coolers. Carry-ins must be small enough to fit under your seat comfortably, and are subject to search. We provide containers at Gates #1, #2 & #3 to check the size of your carry-ins.

WVRedsFan
07-11-2006, 01:07 AM
Since I live 300 mi away, the trip is always a rush and that means eating at the ballpark. Even if we get away by noon, we don't get to Covington until about 6:00 and with a 7:05 start (or thereabouts), there's no time to eat.

We usually stay over at the Embassy Suites which gives us a nice walk across the suspension bridge to the game. We immediately look for a Montgomery Inn vendor and have one of the delicious barbeque sandwiches and I drink a beer (oh how I miss the days when we could get Hudephol or Burger--seems like most MLB parks now serve Budweiser and it takes away from the local flavor of a ballpark). I usually have only three beers (unless I have my credit card along) and one of those sausages with peppers and onions or a couple of chilli coneys (with lots of cheese) before I leave. Then the tradition is head back across the bridge to Covington and stop at White Castle. I love those things. Good for the digestive system, too.:mooner:

BuckWoody
07-11-2006, 10:34 AM
Since I live 300 mi away, the trip is always a rush and that means eating at the ballpark. Even if we get away by noon, we don't get to Covington until about 6:00 and with a 7:05 start (or thereabouts), there's no time to eat.

We usually stay over at the Embassy Suites which gives us a nice walk across the suspension bridge to the game. We immediately look for a Montgomery Inn vendor and have one of the delicious barbeque sandwiches and I drink a beer (oh how I miss the days when we could get Hudephol or Burger--seems like most MLB parks now serve Budweiser and it takes away from the local flavor of a ballpark). I usually have only three beers (unless I have my credit card along) and one of those sausages with peppers and onions or a couple of chilli coneys (with lots of cheese) before I leave. Then the tradition is head back across the bridge to Covington and stop at White Castle. I love those things. Good for the digestive system, too.:mooner:

Not sure I'd want to be in the same car with you on the 300 mile journey home. ;)

j/k. I'm a big fan of all that stuff too...except maybe the Sliders.:eek: