PDA

View Full Version : rooting for atlanta

37red
07-04-2006, 09:45 AM
Never thought I'd be rooting for Atlanta to keep us in the running. If St. Louis wasn't doing as poorly as we are we'd be several games back. They must be saying much the same thing about moving up into the lead.

Phil in BG
07-04-2006, 09:48 AM
I find it hard to pull for Atlanta too, but against this team....Go Braves!!

Krusty
07-04-2006, 09:53 AM
Never thought I'd be rooting for Atlanta to keep us in the running. If St. Louis wasn't doing as poorly as we are we'd be several games back. They must be saying much the same thing about moving up into the lead.

That is the killer....we should be making our move now but the bullpen has self-destructed.

Chip R
07-04-2006, 12:22 PM
Not only do we have to root for ATL, but we have to root for the Cubs too. Ick.

Falls City Beer
07-04-2006, 12:51 PM
I'm rooting for the Reds. Because Milwaukee is the best team in the Central right now.

You see, they are the only team in the Central with an emerging bullpen: Shouse and Capellan are the two best relievers in the Central division and they play on one team.

Couple that with an outstanding offense, and that squad is really only short maybe one ace or one ace and a #3/4 starter.

Matt700wlw
07-04-2006, 12:58 PM
I'm rooting for the Reds. Because Milwaukee is the best team in the Central right now.

You may be right. Everybody else is playing like dog crap.

Falls City Beer
07-04-2006, 01:01 PM
You may be right. Everybody else is playing like dog crap.

And the fact is, the Brewers aren't playing lights out ball right now either. It's just that you need to be paying attention to teams poised to do better. And Milwaukee, to me, is the clear choice for a team itching to perform better in the second half.

Whereas, unless the Reds get help in a big way, I feel the Reds are poised to do much worse.

37red
07-04-2006, 01:33 PM
Maybe I should have said I'm rooting for St. Louis to lose and the Reds to win. The basic message is the same, but weird as it is I am rooting for the Braves to beat the Cards.

membengal
07-04-2006, 01:51 PM
That missing ace from Milwaukee is Ben Sheets, and if he returns post All-Star break with any of his old effectiveness, they have the best rotation in the division.

redsrule2500
07-04-2006, 03:15 PM

You see, they are the only team in the Central with an emerging bullpen: Shouse and Capellan are the two best relievers in the Central division and they play on one team.

Couple that with an outstanding offense, and that squad is really only short maybe one ace or one ace and a #3/4 starter.

agreed. The Brewers are the main threat right now

KronoRed
07-04-2006, 03:58 PM
I'd rather root for dental surgery without laughing gas

;)

Tornon
07-04-2006, 07:46 PM
Quite a pitcher's duel they've gotten going tonight with Carpenter vs. Thomson.. 2 for St. Louis, 1 for Atlanta, 1 for St. Louis, 1 for Atlanta. 3-2 Cards after 2