PDA

View Full Version : Prior

maniem
07-05-2006, 01:32 AM
I've read that the Cubs will likely be looking to trade some of their players, and i wonder if they might be willing to part with Prior. If i was kriv, i would be inquiring about him. His value would have to be at an all time low right now...The question is though, would the cubs be willing to part with him now and finally give up on him? And a better question would be, would it be smart for the Reds to take a risk on him?

redsfan4445
07-05-2006, 01:51 AM
the Cubs would not trade Prior within the division... i cant see that happening..

Tornon
07-05-2006, 02:03 AM
If we had to give up ANYTHING of value I would not want to risk it right now. If the Cubs would be willing to deal him for something minor then I would say go for it, but there is no reason they would do that. So I would say no to Prior

killuminati35
07-05-2006, 02:42 AM
Griffey and Prior on the same team? Sounds like a lot of DL time.

(With that said, I'm still a huge Griffey fan.)

Outshined_One
07-05-2006, 04:03 AM
He's still not at full strength from his DL stint and no one's sure if he'll ever return to the level where he was one of the top college pitchers ever. Granted, he's still young and could very well make a full recovery (assuming he doesn't get struck by lightning or something insane like that...which is possible).

As long as he remains in this questionable area, most teams would not want to give up much in the way of prospects or players for him. I don't think the Cubs would want to let him go for so little, considering how he could very easily come back to haunt them and how potentially valuable he could be if he gets back to full health. His current value is not very high right now, so why trade him when he still hasn't gotten back to 100%?

I think the Cubs see him as one of the cornerstones of their franchise and will want to keep him around to see if he can make a full recovery. Heck, he's still relatively cheap and under their control for the near future. Their payroll is around $95m, so it's not like they're in any hurry to shed salary. He is still young and potentially talented enough to not just give up on him for a few middling prospects.

Now, if you want to talk about trading for a Cub who could have an impact in the second half and could be had for a decent price, Wade Miller's name comes to mind.

schroomytunes
07-05-2006, 04:16 AM
With all of Prior's problems medically, I would pass on him.

Jpup
07-05-2006, 07:17 AM
I would trade anyone on the Reds not named Dunn for him.

Newman4
07-05-2006, 09:49 AM
The Cubs won't trade him to the Reds. Although, I would consider it if he's available.

KronoRed
07-05-2006, 03:23 PM
He can't stay on the field, what use is that for us?