Ohioballplayer
07-05-2006, 05:26 PM
Should the Cubs try to acquire A-Rod?
ProSportsDaily.com
Posted: 4 hours ago

Five MLB stories you must read for Wednesday, July 5, 2006

Cubs should target A-Rod
Daily Herald (registration required)
Daily Herald writer Barry Rozner thinks the Cubs should try offering Aramis Ramirez, Jacque Jones and a reliever, possibly Ryan Dempster, to the Yankees for Alex Rodriguez.

BRM
07-05-2006, 05:31 PM
No way the Yanks accept that offer. I just don't see them trading A-Rod.

reds44
07-05-2006, 05:32 PM
That isn't even a rumor. That is a writer needing a subject because he is writing for a terrible team. He made it up, he didn't even say they have tried to do it.

Marc D
07-05-2006, 05:56 PM
No way the Yanks accept that offer. I just don't see them trading A-Rod.

Never say never. Some guys just aren't cut out to play in NY and it appears to be the case for A-Rod. Once the fans and media get it in for a guy they will quite literally run him out of town. Personally, I think it would be one of the most moronic things I've ever seen but New Yorkers aren't known to let facts get in the way of good opinions all that often.

BRM
07-05-2006, 06:01 PM
Never say never. Some guys just aren't cut out to play in NY and it appears to be the case for A-Rod. Once the fans and media get it in for a guy they will quite literally run him out of town. Personally, I think it would be one of the most moronic things I've ever seen but New Yorkers aren't known to let facts get in the way of good opinions all that often.

The fans and media are riding him but I disagree that he's not cut out to play in NY. He had an outstanding year last year and his line this year is quite solid as well. Maybe Yanks fans need a couple of months of Castro/Aurilia at 3B and then maybe they would appreciate what they have in A-Rod.

Marc D
07-05-2006, 06:09 PM
The fans and media are riding him but I disagree that he's not cut out to play in NY. He had an outstanding year last year and his line this year is quite solid as well. Maybe Yanks fans need a couple of months of Castro/Aurilia at 3B and then maybe they would appreciate what they have in A-Rod.

I'm not talking about his stat line. Thats my whole point. Once the media and fans get it in for him, which they already have, the stats don't matter. I say not cut out to play in NY from the sense of the fans and media deciding he's not. His numbers are beyond reproach when using logic as your filter. Emotion is a whole 'nother game.

What will happen is they'll change his nickname to L-Rod, as in lightning rod. He'll have everything from the Yankees injuries and bad pitching to the '77 blackout blamed on him, wait and see.

KronoRed
07-05-2006, 06:12 PM
A-Rod on the cursed team, I'd love to see it..but alas this is fiction