PDA

View Full Version : Rate Brandon Phillips

scounts22
07-05-2006, 11:18 PM
On his Drama Queen skills, 1=lowest, 10=highest.

He just got taken out at second base by Weeks, but he seems to get "shaken up" rather easily. There's always something that hurts. Maybe I shouldn't talk, I'm sure that doesn't feel good. All in all I like Phillips, but he's always rollin around on the ground for some reason or another. Does anyone else feel that way?

I rate him a 7. He generally gains everyone's attention for an acceptable amount of time (not too long but not too short either), but doesn't necessarily flail any body parts or throw any kind of a tantrum. There's not a huge spectacle made. He seems to be fairly resilient as he usually gets up on his own. Not really an embarrassment to his team or the fans. Not really a "sissy" but is prone to a good face plant in the dirt from week to week.

Razor Shines
07-05-2006, 11:58 PM
I'm very confused you almost argued with yourself in this post.

reds44
07-06-2006, 12:02 AM
I am sure he was "faking" it.:rolleyes:

Gainesville Red
07-06-2006, 12:41 AM
He's certainly not up there with the soccer players. Those guys can flop. I'm partial to Reds players that can hit/field/run, and generally succeed. So he's alright with me.

TOBTTReds
07-06-2006, 12:46 AM
On his Drama Queen skills, 1=lowest, 10=highest.

He just got taken out at second base by Weeks, but he seems to get "shaken up" rather easily. There's always something that hurts. Maybe I shouldn't talk, I'm sure that doesn't feel good. All in all I like Phillips, but he's always rollin around on the ground for some reason or another. Does anyone else feel that way?

I rate him a 7. He generally gains everyone's attention for an acceptable amount of time (not too long but not too short either), but doesn't necessarily flail any body parts or throw any kind of a tantrum. There's not a huge spectacle made. He seems to be fairly resilient as he usually gets up on his own. Not really an embarrassment to his team or the fans. Not really a "sissy" but is prone to a good face plant in the dirt from week to week.

The World Cup has gotten in your head. Didn't you hear him yell for a card after that take out slide, cleats up and late. Another one of those next game and he'll have to sit out the following game.

EKURed
07-06-2006, 12:48 AM
I'll take about eight more of those "drama queens" if that is how you are wanting to refer to him.

KronoRed
07-06-2006, 12:51 AM
D-

Gainesville Red
07-06-2006, 12:55 AM
Bet you wouldn't tell him he has drama queen skills to his face. I wouldn't. But then again, I'm kind of a drama queen, so what do I know?;)

scounts22
07-06-2006, 10:19 AM
Bet you wouldn't tell him he has drama queen skills to his face. I wouldn't. But then again, I'm kind of a drama queen, so what do I know?;)

You're right, I definitely wouldn't! :D

Just to clarify, I didn't mean anything bad by this thread, I really like Phillips, it just seems like every time I watch a game he's getting hurt somehow.

redsfan30
07-06-2006, 10:26 AM
If being willing to say what you type about a player on here to his face was a prerequisite on this site, Redszone would see about 5 posts a day.

RANDY IN INDY
07-06-2006, 10:48 AM
I like Phillips, but he certainly is quite dramatic in just about everything he does on the baseball field. Not bad, and the direct opposite of the way I played, but just the type of player that he is. I'll take it every day if he continues to perform.

redsfan30
07-06-2006, 10:50 AM
I like Phillips, but he certainly is quite dramatic in just about everything he does on the baseball field. Not bad, and the direct opposite of the way I played, but just the type of player that he is. I'll take it every day if he continues to perform.
I agree, and if he played on another team he would probably annoy me.

But he plays for the Reds, so I'm fine with him.

lollipopcurve
07-06-2006, 10:57 AM
he certainly is quite dramatic in just about everything he does on the baseball field

I see a guy who looks like he enjoys playing. I'll take that every day of the week over a player of similar talent who exudes no emotion.

smith288
07-06-2006, 11:12 AM
Looks to me like he got nailed. If it was soccer, Phillips would have been on the ground screaming so loud the folks over at the world cup would have heard him.

But its baseball and he did the manly thing by getting back up and jogging off.

I have never seen such a collection of wussified men than the World cup. Good God they cry about everything.

RANDY IN INDY
07-06-2006, 11:17 AM
Yeah, what's with the stretcher thing?

redsfan30
07-06-2006, 11:17 AM
Looks to me like he got nailed. If it was soccer, Phillips would have been on the ground screaming so loud the folks over at the world cup would have heard him.

But its baseball and he did the manly thing by getting back up and jogging off.

I have never seen such a collection of wussified men than the World cup. Good God they cry about everything.
Guy gets a finger jammed and he has to be carried out on a stretcher.

And people wonder why Americans hate soccer...

smith288
07-06-2006, 11:19 AM
When Rowen broke his nose, he walked all the way from the OF to the clubhouse with a bloodied towel.

If it was soccer, the Medivac helicopter would have been called and the game cancelled.

RedEye
07-06-2006, 12:01 PM
I've been to see the Reds play in person twice this season, and each time Phillips has looked like the best all-around player on their team. He has made impact plays on both offense and defense and generally looks happy while doing so. Last night I was at Miller Park, and even though Phillips didn't start, he came in and doubled as a pinch hitter (they really should have won the game there, but Kearns struck out). He also seems to have been hitting for a bit too long now to call it a fluke. .322 is nothing to scoff at after half a season, no matter who you are.

I'm telling you, the kid is a solid player, and we should be looking at him as the future of our middle infield before we look at Felipe, who IMO is much more wildly inconsistent.