PDA

View Full Version : Clerks II

WMR
07-06-2006, 01:18 AM
Any Clerks fans around here? The movie has an 85% Fresh rating on www.rottentomatoes.com right now from reviewers... I know the preview looks hilarious, and I'm a big Kevin Smith fan.

(Except for the evilness that was Jersey Girl)

Does anyone know what song is playing when Mewes is rubbing his nipples in the preview?

smith288
07-06-2006, 01:20 AM
I thought the first Clerks was ok. Horrible acting but in the Clerks II previews, they looked like they improved alot since then.

macro
07-06-2006, 02:33 AM
I must've watched the original Clerks movie 20-25 times in the mid-90s. It seemed like every time a crowd gathered at my place, that tape would end up playing. I'll be interested in seeing the sequel, although I have changed quite a bit since the original came out.

KGJR30
07-06-2006, 04:10 AM
I loved the first Clerks, can't wait to see what Kevin Smith does with this one.

Blimpie
07-06-2006, 10:19 AM
Any Clerks fans around here? The movie has an 85% Fresh rating on www.rottentomatoes.com right now from reviewers... I know the preview looks hilarious, and I'm a big Kevin Smith fan.

(Except for the evilness that was Jersey Girl)

Does anyone know what song is playing when Mewes is rubbing his nipples in the preview?I am not sure the name of the song, but isn't the same music playing when this guy is trying on his skin suit and lipstick???

http://www.geocities.com/porcelain72/levine1.jpg

I guess that would explain the dance and nipple pinching by Jay in the preview.

Johnny Footstool
07-06-2006, 12:46 PM
I am not sure the name of the song, but isn't the same music playing when this guy is trying on his skin suit and lipstick???

"I'm cryin' cryin' cryin...'"

I do a comedy bit in which I sing that song in a Harry Caray voice, flick my nipples, and talk about the Cubbies (fully clothed, of course, with no tucking).

gilpdawg
07-06-2006, 09:42 PM
I am not sure the name of the song, but isn't the same music playing when this guy is trying on his skin suit and lipstick???

Wouldya?

reds1869
07-06-2006, 09:45 PM
Can't wait to see it! I love Kevin Smith movies. Heck, I'm Catholic but I loved Dogma; pure comic genius.

savafan
02-11-2007, 05:10 AM
I absolutely loved this movie...maybe my favorite Kevin Smith movie.

Perhaps it's because I'm like the real life demo for Dante and Randall. They were my generation when the first Clerks came out, and now, all these years later, I'm still kinda in the same place as where they were in this movie...kinda sad I know. ;)

Still, the movie had heart, and character, and really made you feel. I like how it really payed homage to the original, and kept everything pure. I'm sure it's underrated simply because it's a sequel, but I can't say enough good about it.

pedro
02-11-2007, 05:45 AM
It had it's cheesy moments but I still loved it.

I've seen it 4 times already.

Jaycint
02-11-2007, 09:28 AM
Does anyone know what song is playing when Mewes is rubbing his nipples in the preview?

The song is called Goodbye Horses by Q Lazarus. The same song from the infamous scene in Silence of the Lambs.

savafan
02-11-2007, 01:18 PM
It had it's cheesy moments but I still loved it.

I've seen it 4 times already.

True, but then again, Clerks also had its fair share of cheesy moments, and it's hard not to love that movie too.

cincinnati chili
02-11-2007, 01:34 PM
I liked it better than the original. The whole scene between the Star Wars nerds and Lord of the Rings nerds was unforgettably good.

I remember liking the original a lot in my college days. But I saw it shortly before I saw Clerks II, and it had some painful amateur actor/filmmaker moments.

guttle11
02-11-2007, 03:43 PM
Rosario Dawson was absolutely perfect in her role.

Randal's version of LOTR was perfect, and I had the exact same look on my face as he did during the "Pillow Pants" scene.

It's not for everyone, but I loved it. I bought it on DVD and probably watch it once a month or so with friends who haven't seen it. It's held up very well to multiple viewings.

wheels
02-11-2007, 08:09 PM
Rosario Dawson is perfect for anything.

She's the most beautiful woman in the world.

savafan
02-11-2007, 08:12 PM
Rosario Dawson is perfect for anything.

She's the most beautiful woman in the world.

She's definately up there...and I have a girl who looks just like her that is interested in me. :thumbup:

wheels
02-11-2007, 08:16 PM
She's definately up there...and I have a girl who looks just like her that is interested in me. :thumbup:

Me too!

Hope it's not the same girl.

'Course I've yet to return her phone call, but I wanna keep up some mystery before she finds out what I'm really like.

savafan
02-11-2007, 08:32 PM
Me too!

Hope it's not the same girl.

'Course I've yet to return her phone call, but I wanna keep up some mystery before she finds out what I'm really like.

That's eerie. Don't think it's the same girl though...I'm really praying it's not, Lord knows I've got enough problems.

wheels
02-11-2007, 08:57 PM
That's eerie. Don't think it's the same girl though...I'm really praying it's not, Lord knows I've got enough problems.

You live at least 100 miles away from Columbus. I doubt we'll be having any problems.

Maybe we could flip a coin....:p:

savafan
02-11-2007, 09:04 PM
You live at least 100 miles away from Columbus. I doubt we'll be having any problems.

Maybe we could flip a coin....:p:

I'm closer to 50 miles away...games on! :p:

TeamSelig
02-11-2007, 11:25 PM
Crazy... I really hated this movie. I waited the entire time for it to get funny, and it didn't happen for me. Very cheesy & HORRIBLE acting... just my opinion of course

savafan
02-12-2007, 12:47 AM
TS, are you a fan of any of Kevin Smith's other movies?

Heheh...TS...Mallrats...lol

TeamSelig
02-12-2007, 02:34 PM
I saw most of Jay & Silent Bob and thought it was funny. I thought the Clerks II parts with them in it were kinda funny, but that was the only part of the whole movie that I liked.

Jaycint
02-14-2007, 09:06 AM
I saw most of Jay & Silent Bob and thought it was funny. I thought the Clerks II parts with them in it were kinda funny, but that was the only part of the whole movie that I liked.

I loved Clerks 2 but I grew up on the original so seeing the second one kind of took me back to a really fun and cool time in my life (not that the present is bad :) ). I'd still take the first over the second but I'm a big fan of both.