PDA

View Full Version : Delusions of grandeur

flynn78
07-06-2006, 01:39 AM
I just finished watching us lose again with Jason Standridge giving up the game to Rickie Weeks. I have been denying to my friends that we cannot get to the postseason with this bullpen, but it is now apparent that the only way we do is if someone locks the Cardinals, Brewers, and Astros in their respective clubhouses for the rest of the season. We look to the bullpen and have no answers. I feel for Jerry Narron. I think he has one of the toughest jobs in sports right now. He looks to the bullpen and has no choice that has not bit him recently. I love this team, they keep fighting back, but it is horribly disheartening to fight and then have the bullpen trip you on your own sword. The Dunn HR should have made it must win, it didn't. The Castro heads up baserunning should have made it over, no more questions. It did not. I'm not a denial person, so I will come back to reality. I will root like always, but I cannot fight off my friends anymore. They are right, this is a return to respectability, but postseason dreams may be out of the question. I may be back to reality, but it does not mean it doesn't hurt.

jimbo
07-06-2006, 01:45 AM
I feel your pain flynn. I'm not about to give up, but a trade is going to have to be made to bring in a stud reliever or two in order for this team to think playoffs. Unfortunately, it is not going to be an easy thing to do.

EKURed
07-06-2006, 01:47 AM
I think you offer up a package with Kearns or Lopez and then go from there. I don't care how solid you are in the field, this bullpen NEEDS MAJOR help.

tomred
07-06-2006, 01:53 AM
If we do not get some help the season is over

Sean_CaseyRules
07-06-2006, 02:11 AM
The season is far from over! We have a lot of baseball still left to play and I've gotta feeling that the Reds are going to kick it up a couple notches!!!! And Wayne will find us 1-2 good pen arms and we will make a ligitament run in the playoffs!

jimbo
07-06-2006, 02:26 AM
The season is far from over! We have a lot of baseball still left to play and I've gotta feeling that the Reds are going to kick it up a couple notches!!!! And Wayne will find us 1-2 good pen arms and we will make a ligitament run in the playoffs!

Love your optimism, this board needs it. This round is on me.

:beerme: :beerme: :beerme:

2001MUgrad
07-06-2006, 02:56 AM
I've been screaming since April that if the bullpen didn't get something this team was going to struggle. Weathers was not the answer in April and May they were winning despite him. With even a half decent bullpen this team has 5 more win maybe more. It just goes to show you the situation Dano stuck us with. Speaking of which I heard Paul Wilson was going to pitch batting practice for the team at some point this year. Is that any different than what the bullpen has done to the other team this year??

CTA513
07-06-2006, 02:58 AM
Call up 1 or 2 guys from either AAA or AA and give them a chance.
Guys like: Salmon, Shafer, Medlock, Guevara, Alvarado or Coutlangus.

Most of those guys are not on the 40 man roster so it would require the Reds releasing someone or some people to make room.

Jr's Boy
07-06-2006, 03:20 AM
Call up 1 or 2 guys from either AAA or AA and give them a chance.
Guys like: Salmon, Shafer, Medlock, Guevara, Alvarado or Coutlangus.

Most of those guys are not on the 40 man roster so it would require the Reds releasing someone or some people to make room.

I agree,give a shot to the youngblood.I read on yahoo quoting Narron as saying Wagner will be back up, despite his awful numbers.

WVRedsFan
07-06-2006, 03:50 AM
As I posted elsewhere, this is basically the same team as last year's disaster save Arroyo, Phillips, Castro, Ross, and a few other players minus Pena and Hancock.

Take it for what it is worth. We need to score at least 8 runs to have much chance at winning. Lately we've been averaging a little over 4. Ain't gonna work.

It al depends on what Wayne can work out over the AS break. Pray.