PDA

View Full Version : Edwin Activated, Elizardo to Dayton (for now)

reds44
07-06-2006, 01:48 AM
Elizardo is being sent to Dayton so he can stay on his normal rotation.

Monday is the All-Star Break and he won't get to pitch.

Shocking Edwin's ankle is magically healed when they found a way to get him on the roster. He didn't need to be in AAA that long.

Great to have Eddy back!
:beerme:

TOBTTReds
07-06-2006, 01:49 AM
Yup. I'm sure after the break the lizard will be back and probably wont miss a start. Good move by WK. I wonder who will go.

2001MUgrad
07-06-2006, 02:53 AM
WHAT??

No way. I don't care if its for show or for go. You get rid of McCraken or trade Larue if you are going to touch the position players. Otherwise you have your pick of who to dump from the bullpen. Don't make EZ suffer. He deserves to be in the bigs. I don't care if he goes to KY or goes to ATL tomorrow he doesn't deserve to be sent down to AAA.

CTA513
07-06-2006, 03:10 AM
WHAT??

No way. I don't care if its for show or for go. You get rid of McCraken or trade Larue if you are going to touch the position players. Otherwise you have your pick of who to dump from the bullpen. Don't make EZ suffer. He deserves to be in the bigs. I don't care if he goes to KY or goes to ATL tomorrow he doesn't deserve to be sent down to AAA.

They either dont know who they should release or are working on a trade.
I figured they would also bring up a pitcher since almost everyone in the bullpen was used tonight except for Belisle.

savafan
07-06-2006, 03:26 AM
Actually, EZ is going to Dayton.

GridironGrace
07-06-2006, 03:47 AM
EZ is only going down so that he can continue to throw....that long off he'd get all stiff and useless for his first couple starts after the Break..

This is a good move for now... but with talks of Claussen Balfour and Wilson being almost ready to come back from injuries im looking for something big to happy possibly over the break.

Ron Madden
07-06-2006, 05:39 AM
Elizardo is being sent to AAA so he can stay on his normal rotation.

Monday is the All-Star Break and he won't get to pitch.

Shocking Edwin's ankle is magically healed when they found a way to get him on the roster. He didn't need to be in AAA that long.

Great to have Eddy back!
:beerme:

'bout damn time. :beerme:

Ron Madden
07-06-2006, 05:43 AM
God, I hope Edwin gets to play more than twice a week. :)

GAC
07-06-2006, 08:07 AM
WHAT??

He's not "suffering". They sent him down so they he can pitch during the break. He wasn't gonna get to pitch again before the AS break. What's the big deal?

Why don't we all just take a deep breath, and wait and see what happens.

He made this move so that he doesn't have to release anyone for now.

Krivsky has not been afraid in the past this year to "pull the trigger" and release players over performance (Womack, Williams, Hammond) to make spots available to those more deserving.

GAC
07-06-2006, 08:09 AM
God, I hope Edwin gets to play more than twice a week. :)

He started 51 games at 3B before. Why shouldn't he? ;)

Red Heeler
07-06-2006, 09:16 AM
I thought that a team had to wait a couple of weeks to recall a player that was sent to the minors. The only exception was that the player could be recalled earlier if he was replacing an injured major league player.

HalMorrisRules
07-06-2006, 09:39 AM
They have to wait 10 days. Without getting out my calendar and abacus, with the three off days and the way they are setting up the post-break rotation, it could very well be 10 days until his next ML start.

Jpup
07-06-2006, 10:22 AM
I posted this on the ORG, but EZ is going to Dayton not Louisville according to ESPN.com.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/transactions

edit: I just saw that Sava posted it.

Danny Serafini
07-06-2006, 10:27 AM
The 10 day thing won't be a factor. Pitching on the 10th in Dayton, he wouldn't make his next start until the 15th, which is when he can come back up.

Red Heeler
07-06-2006, 12:21 PM
They have to wait 10 days. Without getting out my calendar and abacus, with the three off days and the way they are setting up the post-break rotation, it could very well be 10 days until his next ML start.

Thanks! I was thinking that it was long enough that he would have to miss a major league start. Creative use of the roster by Krivsky. Although being creative to preserve a roster this full of flotsam is a questionable use of time management.

2001MUgrad
07-06-2006, 05:55 PM
He's not "suffering". They sent him down so they he can pitch during the break. He wasn't gonna get to pitch again before the AS break. What's the big deal?

Why don't we all just take a deep breath, and wait and see what happens.

He made this move so that he doesn't have to release anyone for now.

Krivsky has not been afraid in the past this year to "pull the trigger" and release players over performance (Womack, Williams, Hammond) to make spots available to those more deserving.

Then Let's bring up Homer Bailey while we are at it.

Everyone is so worried up rushing the kid only to have to send him back down at some point and risk "screwing" with his head. Isn't this doing the same thing to EZ?? You can pull him aside and say this is in your best interest son. But...,,,, How do you know how he is going to take it. Its crazy if this happens. Give him a break along with the rest of the team over the all-star break. Make the Bullpen run laps though, they don't deserve anything off.

PTI (pti)
07-06-2006, 06:10 PM
2001 - this is just a simple baseball move, hoss. It's not destroying the kids confidence at all. Whether he stuck around on the Major League roster or not, he was *not* going to pitch in the next 10 days. Send him to Dayton to keep his arm warm - then bring him back up in 10 days. He'll be fine.

jimbo
07-06-2006, 06:25 PM

Everyone is so worried up rushing the kid only to have to send him back down at some point and risk "screwing" with his head. Isn't this doing the same thing to EZ?? You can pull him aside and say this is in your best interest son. But...,,,, How do you know how he is going to take it. Its crazy if this happens. Give him a break along with the rest of the team over the all-star break. Make the Bullpen run laps though, they don't deserve anything off.

The difference is that EZ is 3 years older than Bailey and has 5 years of minor league play under his belt. He is smart enough to know why this is being done. It isn't a demotion, it just allows him to not miss a start. A genius move in my opinion.

Ltlabner
07-06-2006, 06:26 PM

He's going down to pitch one game and then come back up. He's not being abused or made to suffer and it's not worthy of a freak out. If he's suddenly stuck in Dayton and doesn't reapear after the ASB then this discussion makes more sense.

Oh yea. And this is the Lizzards second taste of the bigs and thus far it looks like he'll be here a while. So a whirl-wind trip to Dayton for one start isn't a big deal. Homer has pitched well in AA a few times. Far too soon to dump him on the mound and say "good luck". That is why people are reluctant to bring him up, not some fear of going back down destroying his confidence or whatever.

MaineRed
07-06-2006, 06:35 PM
I was shocked when I heard on WLW that the Lizard was sent to Dayton.

But reading the explanation of this move, here at Redszone, I realize it is nothing.

If the kid was being demoted, it wouldn't be all the way back to A ball. No GM is that cruel.

Danny Serafini
07-06-2006, 07:34 PM
If the kid was being demoted, it wouldn't be all the way back to A ball. No GM is that cruel.

It happened to Ron Gant. But yeah, that's really, really rare.

GAC
07-06-2006, 08:17 PM

You're kidding right? That would be a terrible move for this KID. His experience/age level is nothing compared to the Lizard's.

Everyone is so worried up rushing the kid only to have to send him back down at some point and risk "screwing" with his head. Isn't this doing the same thing to EZ??

Not the same situation. He knows that the ONLY reason he is going down is to keep pitching (work on a few things) during the All-Star break.

It's a solid move IMO.

He knows he is going to be back right away? Why?

Who takes his spot in the rotation? Who has shown they deserve it up to this point?

Lizard's job is safe..... for now. ;)

Heath
07-06-2006, 08:18 PM
You're kidding right? That would be a terrible move for this KID.

Not the same situation. He knows that the ONLY reason he is going down is to keep pitching (work on a few things) during the All-Star break.

It's a solid move IMO.

He knows he is going to be back right away? Why?

Who takes his spot in the rotation? Who has shown they deserve it up to this point?

Lizard's job is safe..... for now. ;)

GAC - I hate it when you make sense.

:rolleyes:

:D

GAC
07-07-2006, 07:53 AM
GAC - I hate it when you make sense.

:rolleyes:

:D

Every once in awhile I have a spurt Heath...... but not to often. ;)

Chip R
07-07-2006, 11:23 AM
Every once in awhile I have a spurt Heath...... but not to often. ;)

You know, they make stuff for that nowdays. :evil:

Ron Madden
07-08-2006, 03:32 AM
He started 51 games at 3B before. Why shouldn't he? ;)

Gee I don't know, maybe Jerry Narron might have something to do with it, ;)

GAC
07-08-2006, 08:16 AM
Gee I don't know, maybe Jerry Narron might have something to do with it, ;)

Impossible Ron - Narron has it out for EE. ;)