PDA

View Full Version : Merged: 2 games back / There Is Good News

RedsManRick
07-06-2006, 09:27 AM
I'm as upset as the next guy with the utter implosion by the pen over the last 6 weeks. However, let's not lose sight of the fact that we're above .500, 2 games back of the Cards, and .5 a game out of the wild card in June.

Yes, we need to improve the bullpen if we're going to stay in it. However, this is still an improvement over the more quickly fading teams of the last few years. I'm not going to put blind faith in anybody, but we do have leadership that isn't afraid to make a move and ownership willing to committ to winning rather than just competing.

As fans, let's shake off that series and get ready for the Braves.

15fan
07-06-2006, 09:29 AM
Who's better at pouring gas on a fire?

The Atlanta bullpen or the Cincinnati bullpen?

Tune in over the next 4 days to find out.

redsfan30
07-06-2006, 09:34 AM
For the first time this year, I really have a bad outlook on things. Sure, they're only 2 games back but with this bullpen it might as well be 22 games back.

That being said my feelings aren't anything a couple (or three) wins in Atlanta couldn't fix.

zombie-a-go-go
07-06-2006, 01:23 PM
Progression of the Cincinnati Reds Fanbase, 2006:

April: "We will!"
May: "We are!"
June: "We were..."
July: "At least we're still..."
(extrapolated)
August: "We once were..."
September: "Go Bengals!"

Jpup
07-06-2006, 01:25 PM
Progression of the Cincinnati Reds Fanbase, 2006:

(extrapolated)
August: "We once were..."
September: "Go Bengals!"

just so you know, I'm a Titans fan.

just sayin'.

Heath
07-06-2006, 03:04 PM

just sayin'.

And there are some Reds fans' that like the Browns (me, GAC, Boyds to name a few)

I'm sure there's also some Steeler Fans out there and Colts fans too.

:D

TOBTTReds
07-06-2006, 03:21 PM
Brownies!!! Get my season tickets in the mail soon!

smith288
07-06-2006, 03:32 PM
Browns... poopy colored team in a poopy part of the state.

;)

KronoRed
07-06-2006, 03:47 PM
Go Jags

Bet they could get 3 outs without giving up a run ;)

redsrule2500
07-06-2006, 05:55 PM

just sayin'.

titans suck

Ltlabner
07-06-2006, 06:04 PM

Progression of Redszone in 2006:

April: We might
May: It's looking bad
June: It's over, this management is the same as the last
July: See, same old same old
August: We're not in the world series, burn down the stadium!
September: We need Deno up here to save us in 2007!

reds44
07-06-2006, 11:40 PM
If you believe in this team or not, we are 2 games out of first. One 8 game win streak away from being like 4 games up in the race. This team isn't that far away, but Wayne can't sit on his hands and look for castaways. He needs to do something bold.

I really feel this team's run production would not drop that much if we traded Kearns and or Felipe. They wouldn't bring as much as Dunn, but they would bring alot.

Tornon
07-06-2006, 11:50 PM
I'm with you. I don't get these people that are saying our season is over? We have proved that we are capable of winning this year (even if it was luck, why can't we get lucky again?). I believe

captainmorgan07
07-06-2006, 11:58 PM
season is never over in my book goofy stuff has happend in the mlb before look at our own bench coach bucky dent's yankee's catching the sox so being 2 games out is prime position for us especially how we go on those runs we need to go on one and put this puppy away and get things in the pen figured out find a 5th starter to go with arroyo harang milton and ramirez everyday eddie fills our need for a closer now we have to get him the ball with the lead merkcer and yan can be setup guys let standrige and belisle and coffey work middle innings along with weathers sparingly mercker can come in against lefties dunno where the leave shack valentin off the bench has good pop in his bat we all saw that tonite wise has good speed good 5th outfielder larue will not be a red for much longer taking up roster spot ra is well ra hatte is solid at first these days dunn is better in left than at the beginning of the year and starting to hit for average junior is coming on as of late if we can just kearns to be alil more clutch lopez and ee need to keep making defensive strides ee needs to quit the sidearm other than that we fix little things we not only can win the nl central we should

Cedric
07-06-2006, 11:59 PM
Got alil captain in you?

oregonred
07-07-2006, 12:01 AM
I think my head hurts from that last post. This team is another 10 days from being entrenched in a voracious battle for third place with the Cards

but GEauX ReDs!

wheels
07-07-2006, 12:52 AM
season is never over in my book goofy stuff has happend in the mlb before look at our own bench coach bucky dent's yankee's catching the sox so being 2 games out is prime position for us especially how we go on those runs we need to go on one and put this puppy away and get things in the pen figured out find a 5th starter to go with arroyo harang milton and ramirez everyday eddie fills our need for a closer now we have to get him the ball with the lead merkcer and yan can be setup guys let standrige and belisle and coffey work middle innings along with weathers sparingly mercker can come in against lefties dunno where the leave shack valentin off the bench has good pop in his bat we all saw that tonite wise has good speed good 5th outfielder larue will not be a red for much longer taking up roster spot ra is well ra hatte is solid at first these days dunn is better in left than at the beginning of the year and starting to hit for average junior is coming on as of late if we can just kearns to be alil more clutch lopez and ee need to keep making defensive strides ee needs to quit the sidearm other than that we fix little things we not only can win the nl central we should

Ouch!:p:

GAC
07-07-2006, 07:06 AM
Browns... poopy colored team in a poopy part of the state.

;)

Yeah but it runs down hill onto what? :eek:

zombie-a-go-go
07-07-2006, 08:09 AM
Yeah but it runs down hill onto what? :eek:

The Cuyahoga.

Which is then set ablaze.

Falls City Beer
07-07-2006, 08:33 AM

Finnegan's Wake

TheBigLebowski
07-07-2006, 08:59 AM

That is the LONGEST sentence I have ever read.

RANDY IN INDY
07-07-2006, 09:05 AM
Nottomentionit'sroughontheeyes.

registerthis
07-07-2006, 10:37 AM

I think he had a 'lil Captain in him when he wrote that.

registerthis
07-07-2006, 10:39 AM
Finnegan's Wake

I was never good at that song. Always ended up chugging my Guinness, I eventually had to quit playing.

KronoRed
07-07-2006, 03:22 PM
It would make an english teacher cry