PDA

View Full Version : Emmy nominations are out

Chip R
07-06-2006, 03:40 PM
http://tv.msn.com/tv/article.aspx?news=226737&GT1=7703

Sweetstop
07-06-2006, 05:28 PM
Hugh Laurie should have been nominated for his role as Greg House. At least the show was nominated.

M2
07-06-2006, 06:10 PM
Good to see Dennis Leary and Jaime Pressley get nominated. Shatner's a lock.

Chip R
07-06-2006, 07:15 PM
I am very surprised to not see Edie Falco nominated.

letsgojunior
07-06-2006, 07:55 PM
Great to see Sandra Oh nominated - Grey's Anatomy and Lost are the best shows on television IMO.

RFS62
07-06-2006, 09:48 PM
I am very surprised to not see Edie Falco nominated.

Yeah, no kidding.

Sweetstop
07-07-2006, 10:51 AM

Denny Crane is wearing a little thin. Oliver Platt (Huff) should win that category as should Blythe Danner for the same show. They are both outstanding in a very good show, that probably too few people have seen. I watched it on dvd.

RichRed
07-07-2006, 11:08 AM

Pressley is fantastic on 'Earl.' I'm pleasantly surprised to see her get the recognition.

IowaRed
07-07-2006, 12:11 PM
Nice to see "The Office" get some recognition. Along with The Simpsons, easily the funniest and best written shows on TV

Caveat Emperor
07-07-2006, 04:21 PM
Hugh Laurie should have been nominated for his role as Greg House. At least the show was nominated.

I can't get into House -- maybe my brain just isn't wired to find medical television interesting, but it really does seem like every week is the exact same show: "Oh wow, here's a patient that's going to die unless House solves the illness. Oh look! House is breaking all kinds of traditiona, ethical rules, and whatnot to win this week."

For my money, the three best shows on TV are (were) The West Wing, Rescue Me, and Battlestar Galactica. The latter of those three I would never expect to be critically lauded, despite the fact that it has some of the best acting/writing on television, but I'm glad to see that the former two got the respect they deserved for great seasons.

Oh yeah, and Stephen Colbert should get his own Emmy for just being totally awesome. That is all.

Sweetstop
07-07-2006, 04:25 PM
The Greg House character...brilliant diagnostician, train-wreck of a character, ...is what makes the show good. W/o Hugh Laurie I wouldn't watch it.

The West Wing was wonderful last year. Alan Alda probably deserves that Supporting Actor in a Drama award, too.