PDA

View Full Version : Todays Transactions: A Quick Reference List

Joseph
07-06-2006, 04:17 PM
Here's a quick reference list of todays transactions for those of you with short attention spans or who require instant gratification:

Brian Shackelford detained [not arrested, but just like it]
Elizrdo Ramirez optioned to A Dayton
Edwin Encarnacion activated from DL
Quentin McCracken DFA'd
DeWayne Wise contract purchased from AAA Louisville
Eddie Guardado acquired from Seattle for Travis Chick [will join team Friday]
Brian Shackelford optioned to AAA Louisville
Mike Gosling recalled from AAA Louisville

I think that about sums it all up, for the moment, we'll see what else the K-man does before the game.

vaticanplum
07-06-2006, 04:27 PM
All this action and still no good men on the mound to show for it!! Boooo.

(Oh, if I had a nickel, etc...)

Reds Fanatic
07-06-2006, 04:29 PM
The only good news is Encarnacion coming back and Q being DFAd.

As far as the pitching changes today has pretty much been rearranging deck chairs on the Titanic.

KronoRed
07-06-2006, 04:30 PM
Please let EE start at 3rd and bat 4th :pray:

Rojo
07-06-2006, 04:32 PM
Added: Encarnacion, Guardardo, Wise, Gosling

Subtracted: Shackleford, McCracken, Ramirez

By my cypherin' they still need to clear space for Eddie. Could it NOT be Weathers?

Redhook
07-06-2006, 04:33 PM

hahahahahahahaha :laugh:

probably a better chance of castro hitting for the cycle tonight

Joseph
07-06-2006, 04:36 PM

By my cypherin' they still need to clear space for Eddie. Could it NOT be Weathers?

Anything is possible, though I wouldn't be surprised now to see Gosling sent down again after tonight.

Gallen5862
07-06-2006, 04:36 PM
I could see the move as Weathers to the dl to make room for Eddie Guardado. This would give Weathers a chance to get the tendonitis or other arm trouble fixed and give him rehab starts.

Redhook
07-06-2006, 04:37 PM

Guardado won't be here until tomorrow so Wayne has one more day to make a move. I'm torn between Mays and Weathers. It's like the exact opposite of trying to decide which child you like the best. Which pitcher do you dislike more? After Mays gives up 10 runs tonight, he could be gone. Gosling is a starter, he could take Mays' spot, while Guardado takes Shackleford's spot.

Danny Serafini
07-06-2006, 04:38 PM
Guardado won't report until tomorrow so they have a day to make that move. Won't surprise me if Gosling is a one day callup.

flyer85
07-06-2006, 04:40 PM
By my cypherin' they still need to clear space for Eddie. Could it NOT be Weathers?With the short pen tonight I would say Gosling will be a one day event and will go back to AAA tomorrow.

Reds Fanatic
07-06-2006, 04:41 PM
Guardado won't report until tomorrow so they have a day to make that move. Won't surprise me if Gosling is a one day callup.
That is probably the most likely move. I doubt they do anything to Weathers. Another move coming soon is Mays being DFAd. I think if tonight is another disaster I expect he will be gone soon.

Highlifeman21
07-06-2006, 04:41 PM

Poor kid. He can't be any worse than some of the current guys coming in from the pen not named Coffey.

I like the Guardado move. Chick was a DanO pick up, and to the best of my knowledge, he's a 2 pitch guy at best. I much rather would have sent LaRue and something to the Mariners for something more than Guardado, but if Guardado returns to last year's form, then this trade was a no-brainer.

I'm wondering when Dumatrait gets his turn in the revolving wheel of reliever options?

reds44
07-06-2006, 04:43 PM
I'm right next to you praying Krono!

As for the days transactions, IMO we got better.

Redhook
07-06-2006, 04:45 PM
Another move coming soon is Mays being DFAd. I think if tonight is another disaster

That's pretty much a given in my mind.

I expect he will be gone soon.

I hope so. :pray:

Redhook
07-06-2006, 04:47 PM
I'm right next to you praying Krono!

As for the days transactions, IMO we got better.

We sure didn't get worse and we did something. That's very, very important at this point in time. I love a good house-cleaning. Hopefully, a few more moves will come sooner rather than later. I love the aggressiveness of the new management.

TRF
07-06-2006, 04:57 PM
One more move in the offing. Claussen is about to start his rehab assignment.

KronoRed
07-06-2006, 05:00 PM
One more move in the offing. Claussen is about to start his rehab assignment.
That's not necessarily a good thing :evil:

captainmorgan07
07-06-2006, 06:04 PM
balfour should be ready in few weeks also

Heath
07-06-2006, 06:08 PM

in 2006? I thought he was a next season potential pitcher.

Tommyjohn25
07-06-2006, 06:10 PM

Speaking of this, how good is this guy supposed to be? One of my best friends is a twins fan and he seems to think that Balfour can help us out.

wheels
07-06-2006, 06:40 PM
The way I understand it, Balfour's getting ready to make a start in the minors, can't remember what level.

captainmorgan07
07-06-2006, 07:16 PM
The way I understand it, Balfour's getting ready to make a start in the minors, can't remember what level.
balfour claussen and wilson have all been throwing bp in lousville claussen to go on rehab soon balfour right behind him claussen to make 3 rehab starts

Redhook
07-06-2006, 07:56 PM
balfour claussen and wilson have all been throwing bp in lousville claussen to go on rehab soon balfour right behind him claussen to make 3 rehab starts

I think Claussen has a decent chance of turning his year around, although I'm not counting on him to do it. And I don't think either Balfour or Wilson will sniff the Major Leagues this year.

Krusty
07-06-2006, 08:42 PM
I think Mays has pretty much pitched himself off the Reds roster after his performance against the Braves.

Joseph
07-06-2006, 09:33 PM
I think Mays has pretty much pitched himself off the Reds roster after his performance against the Braves.

Can't argue that, unless you're wayne K

Redhook
07-06-2006, 10:04 PM

I was hoping he had pitched himself off the roster after his previous performance, but unfortunately he was given another chance. That better not happen again and I doubt it will. He's a batting practice pitcher praying that the defense is lined up in the right spot to snare line drives all night long. Not a very effective approach. Next!

Danny Serafini
07-07-2006, 09:31 AM
Courtesy of Marc's blog, here's the last time the Reds had a busier day. And oh, what a glorious day it was!

See, it could be worse...

ATLANTA -- The Reds' transactions involving eight players today were the most by the team since Aug. 26, 2003. Feel free to sit back, pop open a cold one, and reminisce about the names involved that day, courtesy of Rob Butcher:

Acquired from the White Sox IF Tim Hummel as compensation for the 8/21/03 trade that sent RHP Scott Sullivan and cash to Chicago; placed on the 60-day disabled list OF Reggie Taylor; placed on the 15-day disabled list LHP Mark Watson; optioned to Louisville RHP Joe Valentine; designated for assignment IF Jim Chamblee; selected from Louisville the contracts of LHP Danny Serafini, LHP Phil Norton and RHP Scott Randall.

Joseph
07-07-2006, 10:02 AM
I'm hoping today will see another roster move today involving Mays.

Newman4
07-07-2006, 10:06 AM
Courtesy of Marc's blog, here's the last time the Reds had a busier day. And oh, what a glorious day it was!

See, it could be worse...

ATLANTA -- The Reds' transactions involving eight players today were the most by the team since Aug. 26, 2003. Feel free to sit back, pop open a cold one, and reminisce about the names involved that day, courtesy of Rob Butcher:

Acquired from the White Sox IF Tim Hummel as compensation for the 8/21/03 trade that sent RHP Scott Sullivan and cash to Chicago; placed on the 60-day disabled list OF Reggie Taylor; placed on the 15-day disabled list LHP Mark Watson; optioned to Louisville RHP Joe Valentine; designated for assignment IF Jim Chamblee; selected from Louisville the contracts of LHP Danny Serafini, LHP Phil Norton and RHP Scott Randall.

There's some All Star names on that list. :devil: Unfortunately, the best player on that list, Sullivan, was traded. :)