PDA

View Full Version : Demoralizing

ryanparkersongs
07-06-2006, 11:00 PM
I appreciate the effort of the organization by going out and getting Eddie Guadardo today...but another walk off win for the opponent tonight has to be getting to the morale of this team. If it isn't getting to them, then it is getting to me!

Last night, it was Dunn delivering the homer that we thought would win the game only to have the bullpen blow it. Tonight, we stage a miracle 5 run comeback in the 9th capped off by Javy Valentin's 3-run homer only to have the bullpen blow it again.

This broken record story is starting to get a little...well, a lot...old. I know I am just *****ing about a situation that not a lot can really be done about considering these are the players we have and other teams aren't going to just hand over their good pitchers, but I am starting to sense the beginning of the yearly collapse and am pretty disappointed.

Anybody have any solutions?

redsfan30
07-06-2006, 11:01 PM
We're going to find out alot about this team over the next three days before the break.

ryanparkersongs
07-06-2006, 11:05 PM
Given our start, I would have never dreamed this team could possibly be under .500 at the All-Star break.

reds1869
07-06-2006, 11:30 PM

Change the rules so we can bat last in every game.

flyer85
07-06-2006, 11:33 PM
it is when you realize that tonight was the 4th time in last week and a half they have scored 7 or more and lost.

goreds2
07-06-2006, 11:48 PM
I appreciate the effort of the organization by going out and getting Eddie Guadardo today...but another walk off win for the opponent tonight has to be getting to the morale of this team. If it isn't getting to them, then it is getting to me!

Last night, it was Dunn delivering the homer that we thought would win the game only to have the bullpen blow it. Tonight, we stage a miracle 5 run comeback in the 9th capped off by Javy Valentin's 3-run homer only to have the bullpen blow it again.

This broken record story is starting to get a little...well, a lot...old. I know I am just *****ing about a situation that not a lot can really be done about considering these are the players we have and other teams aren't going to just hand over their good pitchers, but I am starting to sense the beginning of the yearly collapse and am pretty disappointed.

Hopefully, Eddie can give the bullpen a shot in the arm in the second half like Bronson did to the starting staff in the first half. :coffey:

macro
07-06-2006, 11:51 PM
I turned the game off at 7-2, confident that it was over. I accepted it as just another defeat in what has become a long string of them, and wasn't going to give it any more thought. Then I get to this thread and find out what happened, and it almost makes me sick at my stomach. I know the players are professionals, but it makes you wonder why they don't just quit trying. I don't remember ever seeing a week of baseball like we have just seen, with the comebacks-turned-to-gut-wrenching-losses and all.

How long until finger-pointing begins in the clubhouse?

Redlegs23
07-06-2006, 11:57 PM
I'm tired of this crap. Maybe it's the booze in me tonight, but I'm tired of spending every night of my life watching this freaking bullpen throw away ballgames. Every freaking night I tell myself that it can't possibly happen again, but every freaking night I go to bed pissed off because we don't have one guy that's capable of coming up with a solid inning consistently. I seriously don't ever have confidence with any lead when we go to the bullpen, but I still find myself wasting every night of my life watching these games and getting my hopes up. This sucks. Being a Reds fan sucks. I tell myself every time this happens that I shouldn't get worked up about it but every night it happens. The worst part is, I'll be sitting here tomorrow typing the same thing. Screw the bullpen.

redsin2006
07-07-2006, 01:41 AM
R23
Go to bed remembering Bobbie Cox is wondering how his guy blew a 5 run lead in the ninth. The NL is full of lousy pitching this year. Simple as that.

Red Rover
07-07-2006, 01:03 PM
Simple solution, let the bullpen pitch the first three innings. Then we'll know how much of a deficit we have to be overcome. Bring in the starter in the third or forth inning and let them finish the game.

zombie-a-go-go
07-07-2006, 01:38 PM
I'm tired of this crap. Maybe it's the booze in me tonight, but I'm tired of spending every night of my life watching this freaking bullpen throw away ballgames. Every freaking night I tell myself that it can't possibly happen again, but every freaking night I go to bed pissed off because we don't have one guy that's capable of coming up with a solid inning consistently. I seriously don't ever have confidence with any lead when we go to the bullpen, but I still find myself wasting every night of my life watching these games and getting my hopes up. This sucks. Being a Reds fan sucks. I tell myself every time this happens that I shouldn't get worked up about it but every night it happens. The worst part is, I'll be sitting here tomorrow typing the same thing. Screw the bullpen.

I'm totally with you. I'm going to go jump off a bridge right now. In fact, I'm going to jump off the Brent Spence and, hopefully, land on its lower deck so I can jump off again. That's right, I'm jumping off two bridges. That's how much this Reds team stinks. They're a stinky-suck team. Life sucks. Poopy! Rawwrgh! ;)

zombie-a-go-go
07-07-2006, 01:39 PM
Simple solution, let the bullpen pitch the first three innings. Then we'll know how much of a deficit we have to be overcome. Bring in the starter in the third or forth inning and let them finish the game.

I like this idea, in a sick-and-desperate lunatic fashion. :cool: