PDA

View Full Version : Just a simple question.

Johnny Vander m
07-06-2006, 11:43 PM
I know I will get neged for this but I don't care the least bit.

Ok, why all the hate on this board for Rich Aurila, Castro and Hattleberg?

But more important, why the love for,,,,,,,,,,,Coffey?
Why the love for EE.?

Coffey is NOT a closer as every one said so at the start of the season.

EE? Come on, can he ever make a decent throw to first? I swear he is Dan Driessen's son. Look at him, he looks as lost as DD did. One ugly kid.

OldXOhio
07-06-2006, 11:44 PM
I'd respond, but I'm too busy preparing to neg you.

reds44
07-06-2006, 11:44 PM
EE? Come on, can he ever make a decent throw to first? I swear he is Dan Driessen's son. Look at him, he looks as lost as DD did. One ugly kid.
Are you kidding? Probably because he is a 23 year old who is producing in the majors.

As for the last part, that was completely uncalled for.

Johnny Vander m
07-06-2006, 11:46 PM
I'd respond, but I'm too busy preparing to neg you.

If you get off on that kinky kind of stuff, go ahead. Make my day.

BuckeyeRedleg
07-06-2006, 11:47 PM
My Grandma thought Dan Driessen was a fine looking man. And Tony Perez? Man, my Gramps would have to worry if Tony Perez ever entered a room she was in.

My wife digs Felipe Lopez.

CTA513
07-06-2006, 11:47 PM
Coffey has stunk the last month but still has the lowest ERA in the bullpen.

:evil:

OldXOhio
07-06-2006, 11:49 PM
If you get off on that kinky kind of stuff, go ahead. Make my day.

Lighten up, just a little levity in the face of this gut wrenching play.....

But I digress, please return to your regularly scheduled criticism of players' appearances.

Johnny Vander m
07-06-2006, 11:56 PM
Are you kidding? Probably because he is a 23 year old who is producing in the majors.

As for the last part, that was completely uncalled for.

Yeah, Reds44, I agree, that last part was uncalled for, my apology. I should keep my personal feelings to myself, at least when I am flust-er-ated and drinking. Thank you for bringing that to my attention. Sorry.

Cedric
07-06-2006, 11:57 PM
I was just gonna say it and I decided against it. I was gonna assume that Johnny was drunk.

I had a liter of wine yesterday and I was seconds away from calling out David Weathers and anyone associated with him.

So apology accepted Johnny.

I'm surprised we all aren't totally hammered by this point. But I digress.

dsmith421
07-07-2006, 12:02 AM
Coffey is a classic out-of-nowhere story, a kid with a weight problem drafted real late who has turned into a decent middle-of-the-bullpen guy. He's miscast as a closer or even as a relief ace, but has enough stuff to make a nice career in the bigs. He's an easy guy to root for.

Encarnacion is going to be a perennial all-star, and a lot of people remember how many errors Saint Barry and Saint Davey put up early in their careers. A young corner infielder with his kind of power does not come along often.

I haven't heard anyone bashing Hatteberg all year. I was worried at the outset but have been pleasantly surprised both with Narron's use of him (putting him in situations where he is likely to be effective) and with Hatteberg's overall professional approach.

Aurilia is largely despised on this board because he came in last year, acted like he was the king of baseball, took Lopez's job without even a meaningful contest, and then stunk to high heaven for two months. When Miley finally yanked him for an up-and-coming All-Star, he complained about his playing time. Now, he's been relatively productive since, but Narron's use of him is the opposite of Hatteberg--Narron's love affair with him leads to overuse and using him in situations where he is most likely to fail (i.e., hitting fourth in this offense). The man-hate for Aurilia circa 2006 is more likely aimed at Narron and Krivsky for totally overrating his modest, but useful in the right situation, skills.

Juan Castro is an all-around nice guy and I suspect could be a fine infield coach and a great mentor for Lopez and Encarnacion. He should not be allowed anywhere near a Major League batter's box, and at this stage his only real talents are a) picking the ball up when hit directly to him and b) versatility. He doesn't have the range or the speed he once did, and even though the hands are still golden, the legs are full of lead.

Good enough?

Johnny Vander m
07-07-2006, 12:11 AM
I was just gonna say it and I decided against it. I was gonna assume that Johnny was drunk.

I had a liter of wine yesterday and I was seconds away from calling out David Weathers and anyone associated with him.

So apology accepted Johnny.

I'm surprised we all aren't totally hammered by this point. But I digress.

:beerme: :beerme: :beerme: You got that right Cedric, how did you figure that out, after all this Scotch on top of all the wine and Cof----------oops, well I am glad I am forgivin. Heck, after all, give me a break, after 7 weeks from having ALL my teeth pulled, got my new ones today. A little hard to get used to the first day,,,,but drinking helps. :devil:

Johnny Vander m
07-07-2006, 12:22 AM
Coffey is a classic out-of-nowhere story, a kid with a weight problem drafted real late who has turned into a decent middle-of-the-bullpen guy. He's miscast as a closer or even as a relief ace, but has enough stuff to make a nice career in the bigs. He's an easy guy to root for.

Encarnacion is going to be a perennial all-star, and a lot of people remember how many errors Saint Barry and Saint Davey put up early in their careers. A young corner infielder with his kind of power does not come along often.

I haven't heard anyone bashing Hatteberg all year. I was worried at the outset but have been pleasantly surprised both with Narron's use of him (putting him in situations where he is likely to be effective) and with Hatteberg's overall professional approach.

Aurilia is largely despised on this board because he came in last year, acted like he was the king of baseball, took Lopez's job without even a meaningful contest, and then stunk to high heaven for two months. When Miley finally yanked him for an up-and-coming All-Star, he complained about his playing time. Now, he's been relatively productive since, but Narron's use of him is the opposite of Hatteberg--Narron's love affair with him leads to overuse and using him in situations where he is most likely to fail (i.e., hitting fourth in this offense). The man-hate for Aurilia circa 2006 is more likely aimed at Narron and Krivsky for totally overrating his modest, but useful in the right situation, skills.

Juan Castro is an all-around nice guy and I suspect could be a fine infield coach and a great mentor for Lopez and Encarnacion. He should not be allowed anywhere near a Major League batter's box, and at this stage his only real talents are a) picking the ball up when hit directly to him and b) versatility. He doesn't have the range or the speed he once did, and even though the hands are still golden, the legs are full of lead.

Good enough?

Yes, very good thank you.