PDA

View Full Version : Optimistic viewpoint

redsin2006
07-07-2006, 01:35 AM
three of the last four games, the reds have come from behind only to lose due to meltdowns in pitching. When a team comes from behind in the 9th for 5 runs to tie, you gotta feel there's hope. Aside from the bullpen, this team reminds me alot of the 99 team in that they rebound and never give up.

I'm optimistic. Castenelli (sp) says he'll fork out bucks for a winner, and I believe he will. Watching the cards tonight against Houston, I'm certain the best two teams in the central are Cinti and Milwaukee and that's definately reason to hope. Cast and Kriv will find some relief pitching and that will tidy things up.

toledodan
07-07-2006, 02:11 AM
i think the key is staying in second place. if we can some how fight off the brewers and astros we have a great shot at the wildcard. if we start falling behind alot of teams we will have a hard time leap frogging them later on. it seems like the central and west is beating up on each other within the division.

Az Red
07-07-2006, 11:11 AM
The Reds are one good winning streak away from first place in the Central. The've added a closer and the team will get pumped. No more melt downs !!!!!

goreds2
07-07-2006, 07:11 PM
The Reds are one good winning streak away from first place in the Central. The've added a closer and the team will get pumped. No more melt downs !!!!!

If Eddie saves 70-80% of his chances, I do not see why we can not win the division or obtain a wildcard birth. :thumbup:

It would also help if this guy can pitch a few games down the stretch:

:wilson: