PDA

View Full Version : Listen to Marty while watching the Reds

redsin2006
07-07-2006, 01:50 AM
delayplay.com
FYI
For a mere $150, there's a device out there that you can attach to your receiver to delay the radio signal to up to 16 seconds. Essentially, you can sycronize your radio to the tv screen, and George Grande no longer.

Jpup
07-07-2006, 03:27 AM
delayplay.com
FYI
For a mere $150, there's a device out there that you can attach to your receiver to delay the radio signal to up to 16 seconds. Essentially, you can sycronize your radio to the tv screen, and George Grande no longer.

that would be great for football too. the price is a little too steep IMO. If anyone gets this, let me know how it works out.

RisingReds
07-07-2006, 03:54 AM
that would be great for football too. the price is a little too steep IMO. If anyone gets this, let me know how it works out.

nothing is too steep when it involves " no more george grande" lol

GAC
07-07-2006, 07:03 AM

"Ain't no mountain high enough.... ain't no river wide enough!" :lol:

Jpup
07-07-2006, 07:10 AM

I don't have a choice. I have to mostly watch game archives after the game has already finished, as I don't get FSN Ohio in my area. Why? I don't know.

goreds2
07-07-2006, 07:44 AM
I listen via XM Radio and the broadcast (radio) is about 12 seconds behind the TV. I have TIVO so I can delay the TV side of it.

(Fingers crossed for a win tonight :thumbup: )

oneupper
07-07-2006, 08:08 AM
Mute button is free!

Benny-Distefano
07-07-2006, 11:58 AM
Does anybody here LIKE listening to Grande?

How does he still have a job?

Jpup
07-07-2006, 12:02 PM

he has been in the business forever. it's just like anything else, politics. he's probably a nice guy. someone in the Reds leadership probably plays golf with him or some such nonsense.

to answer your question, I don't know. He is terrible.

Jpup
07-07-2006, 12:03 PM
anyone up for starting a fire George Grande web site? :lol:

dabvu2498
07-07-2006, 12:05 PM
He's "folksy" and that plays well here in our little corner of hades.

Redsland
07-07-2006, 01:24 PM
Plus he's a great guy. Both in and out of the booth. You know his story. Always does the little things. A natural leader in the truck. And he calls the game the way it's supposed to be called. Etc.

:)

westofyou
07-07-2006, 01:28 PM
He's "folksy" and that plays well here in our little corner of hades.
Dizzy Dean was "folksy" George is vanilla, he's the eleven o'clock service in the church of tired hyprbole and forced metaphors.

Unassisted
07-07-2006, 11:18 PM

How does he still have a job?I subscribe to MLB.TV and not MLB Radio because I like listening to Grande better than listening to Marty. I also like listening to George better than not seeing the game at all. Other than that, I don't like it so much. ;)

TOBTTReds
07-07-2006, 11:32 PM
Gotta try this with XM and digital cable (no tivo though). This seems like the greatest invention ever though, too much for me right now.

goreds2
07-07-2006, 11:45 PM
Gotta try this with XM and digital cable (no tivo though). This seems like the greatest invention ever though, too much for me right now.

Call your cable company. The increase for me was around $2.95 per cable box conversion to TIVO. It is well worth it.

Razor Shines
07-08-2006, 12:03 AM
Call your cable company. The increase for me was around $2.95 per cable box conversion to TIVO. It is well worth it.
Do you work for XM or Best Buy or something? You seem to be pushing XM and Tivo a lot. I guess it could be you just really enjoy those products and services. I'm just wondering not a big deal.

Jpup
07-08-2006, 12:06 AM
Do you work for XM or Best Buy or something? You seem to be pushing XM and Tivo a lot. I guess it could be you just really enjoy those products and services. I'm just wondering not a big deal.

that's kind of what I thought.

Captain Buckeye
07-08-2006, 01:30 AM

I must be a freak cause I dont mind him. Does talk abit too much,and seem to root for other team (Cards) but he is a great guy,and doesnt bother me. Love Marty though,even if he has a big ego.:beerme:

WVRedsFan
07-08-2006, 02:05 AM
I listen via XM Radio and the broadcast (radio) is about 12 seconds behind the TV. I have TIVO so I can delay the TV side of it.

(Fingers crossed for a win tonight :thumbup: )

Brilliant idea. Thanks! I don't know why I hadn't thought of this.

Keep your fingers crossed. It worked.

goreds2
07-08-2006, 08:37 AM

:laugh:

No, I do not work for XM or Best Buy (TIVO). My wife thinks I should work for XM though ( :D ). I just really enjoy XM (OK, I'm addicted!). My wife is the TIVO/DVR junkie.

Let's hope I really enjoy the last two days of the weekend resulting in REDS WINS!