PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have ESPN Insider? Check out Maddux rumors, please...

RedsRock
07-07-2006, 11:30 AM
The Rumor Central says another NL Central team has contacted the Cubs about Maddux. I assume it is STL, but if anyone has access to give us the scoop, it would be appreciated.

kaldaniels
07-07-2006, 11:31 AM
I thought i heard it was milwaukee.

Joseph
07-07-2006, 11:32 AM
It is the Brewers, there is a thread on Reds Live.

Heath
07-07-2006, 11:45 AM
I think Rock thinks someone else besides Milwaukee wanted Maddux in the NL Central.

My guess would be Houston.

CrackerJack
07-07-2006, 11:48 AM
Doesn't bother me, I feel confident the Reds will pick up another Mays or Guardado to bolster their chances.

DiamondRat
07-07-2006, 12:18 PM
From ESPN Insider:

Greg Maddux
Greg Maddux
Cubs

Brewers?
Athletics?
Dodgers?
Padres?

Hey, bro!
Jul 6 - According to a report in the Chicago Tribune, the Brewers have inquired about the availability of Greg Maddux. whose brother, Mike, is the Brewers' pitching coach. Ned Yost, the Brewers' manager, was also a coach with the Braves for a time when Maddux played in Atlanta.

Maddux, in the final season of a three-year, $24 million deal, doesn't have a no-trade clause in his current contract, but it's believed the Cubs won't trade him unless he agrees to the deal.

The Dodgers are among the other teams who are thought to be interested in acquiring the 40-year-old Maddux.